PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby...

Bearcat99
09-24-2007, 10:39 PM
I still cant get inhto Hyperlobby... I get that socket error message. Any answers....

Bearcat99
09-24-2007, 10:39 PM
I still cant get inhto Hyperlobby... I get that socket error message. Any answers....

na85
09-24-2007, 11:18 PM
I just tried it right now, v3.9.111

I connected no problems.

From reading the HL forums, it seems there's some problem with IP's being blacklisted and the admins there don't seem to be responding to posts.

Have you tried the other client? What's it called, All Seeing Eye?

Flying_Mex
09-24-2007, 11:23 PM
This problem, at least for me, goes and comes. Everyday is different as one day I might be able to get in but the next I cant.

The solution ahs been when flying with the squad on coops I get their IP...I also got All seeing eye for getting the IP of some of the Dogfight servers that I frequented.

Don_X
09-25-2007, 05:05 AM
Only time I've seen that re-booting my router fixed it, which does change my IP btw.

(Oh and Firewall the first time I ran HL ,but thats too obvious, no?)

Hatter_RAF
09-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Nothing to do with routers, nothing you can do about it.

The problem is the blocking of a range of IPs by hyperlobby's ISP. There are posts on this forum and on SimHQ. Problem is, no one cares about it until it happens to them, and then there is nothing they can do because you can't even access the hyperlobby website or forum.

I had the problem for about 10 days - miraculously it went away. But who knows when it will return! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

LW_lcarp
09-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Been over 3 weeks for me

pflueger41
09-25-2007, 09:46 AM
I was finally able to connect yesterday and go to the hyperlobby website after not being able to for close to 3 weeks. I had pretty much given up hope but talked to someone esrlier that they were able to connect after about 2 weeks down. Both of us are using Comcast but others seem to have this problem also now. Hope things work out for those having problems. I used a program called Xfire to join games but couldn't join coop servers. Nice alternative to those having problems and some servers I dont get on Hyperlobby. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Troll2k
09-25-2007, 11:37 AM
If it is an IP block then maybe using one of those free proxy servers might help.

HARRIER_401
09-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Do use use Vonage Bearcat?

Bearcat99
09-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Nope.... I do have comcast though... and some of my squadmates who also use it have the same problem.

Hatter_RAF
09-25-2007, 03:45 PM
I have Comcast, and am from the Old Dominion, be it further south.

I just went through the inconvenience of IP joining, and prayed for some luck...

Bearcat99
09-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Well do the admins there know about this?

SlickStick
09-25-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm on Comcast in NJ and have no issues connecting to HL daily (at least I try to get to fly daily for at least a little while http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif).

Just brain-drizzling here, but I wonder if it is possible that Jiri is maybe trying to root out some trouble-makers and is banning IPs by blocks and some innocent blokes are getting caught up in the net?

Or possibly an admin banned a block of IPs, like you can do in-game, and is also catching some innocent bystanders along the way. I'm just speculating, as I do not even know if HL has the ability to ban IP blocks, but I'd expect that it does.

HARRIER_401
09-25-2007, 06:26 PM
It is happening to people that used to have Road Runner cable.

JG6_Oddball
09-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Why dont all of you having the problem post or IM each other with the first 2 octets of your IP i.e 69.23.45.79 the first 2 would be 69.23, see if there is some corilation.

S!

Bearcat99
09-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Good idea

Copperhead311th
09-25-2007, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG6_Oddball:
Why dont all of you having the problem post or IM each other with the first 2 octets of your IP i.e 69.23.45.79 the first 2 would be 69.23, see if there is some corilation.

S! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BY GOD THIS MAN IS A GENUIS!

ahhh who'd a thunk it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

a better queston is have you tried to send Jirri an email? i't might take a day or so to get in touch with him but it's worth a shot.
I think soem ppl are haveing toruble even getting on the HL website as well. if email doesnt work....Jirri is a member of JG27. (JG27*Hypper) you could try posting a message on thier forums. I'm sure Aristo, Jeckell, Spyder or Crash will know how to contact Hypper or one of the HL Admins.

Hatter_RAF
09-26-2007, 08:26 AM
There are numerous posts in the hyperfighter forum about this, which have gone unanswered.

I seem to recall that at least some of the IPs experiencing problems began 71. and 99.

My IP begins: 71.62.***.***

Two of my squad-mates in N.C. are now having the problem.

There is an extensive thread on SimHQ about the problem, but the link doesn't come immediately to hand.

Blood_Splat
09-26-2007, 08:27 AM
No go for me too.

F19_Orheim
09-26-2007, 08:32 AM
HL is one... hrmm.. interesting piece of software. If it hadn't been for the necessity to have it installed for the online wars.. I. hrmm. think that it wouldn't be on my HD at all.

I would LOVE to see an alternative. We have so many crafted and talented programmers in our lot, wouldn't it be possible to make a new one?

The online wars are in the hands of this application. There was a Finnish online war which started off this spring - a wonderful initiative, but due to the fact that they didn't get "rooms" on HL, very few know about it.

BrotherVoodoo
09-26-2007, 10:52 AM
+1 for an alternative for HL. This whole connection issue has really impacted our squad. If there is no support from HL on this, how about we all jump the Hyper ship and go back to the Ubi.com rooms. Are they still there?

SlickStick
09-26-2007, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrotherVoodoo:
+1 for an alternative for HL. This whole connection issue has really impacted our squad. If there is no support from HL on this, how about we all jump the Hyper ship and go back to the Ubi.com rooms. Are they still there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UBI rooms are still there and you can also use All-Seeing Eye. IIRC correctly, most 99th are flying co-ops, so direct IP from in-game should also work well for you.

BrotherVoodoo
09-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Can you host a coop via ASE or Xfire? I know you can join one once a coop is launced from HL and before the host readys up.

Bearcat99
09-26-2007, 11:52 AM
We already do IP to IP.... but that is getting old.

Statler86
09-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi guys i've never posted on here but i have enjoyed reading these forums since I bought this game back in the spring. I see someone just said the ubi.com rooms are still up. I've tried to connect to the ubi server thinking maybe more new players would be there but I haven't had much luck. A link at ubi support says you have to play on a 3rd party thing like HL. I just had to ask if someone wouldn't mind giving me a link that explains how to get on ubi if it is possible. I too have had problems with HL but its more of a case of getting owned than one of failed connections

foxfire1941
09-26-2007, 12:15 PM
I live in Texas and ever since TimeWarner (RoadRunner) was bought out by Comcast, I have not been able to connect to HL either. Of course I called Comcast TS but they didn't have a clue on how to resolve it. They turned it over to top tier support and I have not heard from them since. Yeah, this direct IP conncet is getting old and sometimes it doesn't work, depending on the host. Very annoying.

SlickStick
09-26-2007, 01:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrotherVoodoo:
Can you host a coop via ASE or Xfire? I know you can join one once a coop is launced from HL and before the host readys up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya know, come to think of it, I see co-ops on ASE, but I'm not sure how the launch part works, as I do not recall a staging area like in HL where all the pilots who want in click into the game slots.

On ASE, maybe the host launches the co-ops and others just double-click on the game to join? It's a free download and install, so maybe a little reading about it might answer your direct questions about co-ops on ASE.

SlickStick
09-26-2007, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Statler86:
Hi guys i've never posted on here but i have enjoyed reading these forums since I bought this game back in the spring. I see someone just said the ubi.com rooms are still up. I've tried to connect to the ubi server thinking maybe more new players would be there but I haven't had much luck. A link at ubi support says you have to play on a 3rd party thing like HL. I just had to ask if someone wouldn't mind giving me a link that explains how to get on ubi if it is possible. I too have had problems with HL but its more of a case of getting owned than one of failed connections </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The UBI Lobby is definitely still available, though the average number of flyers on any given weeknight is about 25 and weekends maybe as high as 80 during peak times. Most of the servers there are still V4.04m, with one or two V4.08s popping up every now and then. There are a couple of Ace Expansion Pack only servers, too.

The best way to join the UBI lobby is once you have the game installed, go to this (http://gamingzone.ubisoft.com/) link and click "Play Now!". It will detect that you do not have the lobby installed and will prompt you to download and install their lobby.

From there, once you sign in and get back to the screen with "Play Now!", just click it and you will see the IL-2 rooms. The one you want is titled "IL2: FB ACE - Dogfight".

I'm not sure if you can still launch coops from UBI as the co-op room was taken down I think.

Statler86
09-26-2007, 04:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlickStick:

The UBI Lobby is definitely still available, though the average number of flyers on any given weeknight is about 25 and weekends maybe as high as 80 during peak times. Most of the servers there are still V4.04m, with one or two V4.08s popping up every now and then. There are a couple of Ace Expansion Pack only servers, too.

The best way to join the UBI lobby is once you have the game installed, go to this (http://gamingzone.ubisoft.com/) link and click "Play Now!". It will detect that you do not have the lobby installed and will prompt you to download and install their lobby.

From there, once you sign in and get back to the screen with "Play Now!", just click it and you will see the IL-2 rooms. The one you want is titled "IL2: FB ACE - Dogfight".

I'm not sure if you can still launch coops from UBI as the co-op room was taken down I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks a lot i'm not sure how I missed it. Kinda dissapointed in the number of people playing there but i'll definitly gife it a try.

JG52Uther
09-26-2007, 04:51 PM
I dont have this problem (Thank god) but I think it really is time for an alternative to hyperlobby,and I dont mean ASE.The problem is,HL is just sooo easy,especially for coops,and the online wars.Over the last few years the vast majority of us have come to rely on HL,never really believing that one day it might just disappear.The lack of response on the HL forums is quite worrying I think.

Monterey13
09-26-2007, 04:55 PM
No problems here either. Hope you guys get it worked out.

JG6_Oddball
09-26-2007, 09:38 PM
ok, lets try "tracert" in a DOS window to HL, If i remember correctly HL server is not in the states so there maybe a NODE that some ISP are going through that is having the problem, cut and paste the results of the tracert and see if there is a common node.

S!