PDA

View Full Version : Conq light after miss Shield bash confirmed?

Card1acArrest
03-08-2018, 12:23 PM
question:

a conq Shield bashed me yesterday, i dodge attacked with Orochi with successful hit. he would then have initiated a light already and hit me just as my light had landed. even if his bash missed.

happened 3 times in a row.

felt unfair.

any comments or advice?

XJadeDragoonX
03-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Recovery on shield bash is really small so they can attack right after. It's not like warden and valk shoulder bash where you have guaranteed guard break on miss. Shield bash should be brought in line with that

BarbeQMichael
03-08-2018, 07:31 PM
Some heroes can chain attacks to their bashes and kicks even if they wiff so that they cannot be punished with gb but you instead eat hit for trying, like cent or nobushi

goatwack
03-08-2018, 08:38 PM
It seems something is amiss with the Conqueror's timings, they've been changed alright, such as the aforementioned example. The light follow-up to a shield bash was nailed on before, Now the momentum of the hit takes the opponent just out of reach!

Hated some of these amendments at first, had to change some muscle memories for sure, but on the whole he feels a tad more fluid :now p

swiss_soldier_1
03-08-2018, 08:48 PM
shield bash is too safe and shouldnt guarantee the light. too easy for conqs

PanzerShrekonin
03-09-2018, 01:11 AM
Sheild Bash ISN'T safe. Shield uppercut IS.

But if it wasn't safe, it would be a terrible move.

goatwack
03-09-2018, 01:14 AM
Ahh yes, the newly- implemented shield uppercut. I've used it about thrice in total. About as effective as giving the Conqueror no weapons and two shields, with a flail fused to his ankle :D

PanzerShrekonin
03-09-2018, 01:35 AM
Ahh yes, the newly- implemented shield uppercut. I've used it about thrice in total. About as effective as giving the Conqueror no weapons and two shields, with a flail fused to his ankle :D

Its completely pointless as its SO slow. You're better off doing something else with it. Luckily it IS safe, but its just a waste of stamina to use it.

Hormly
03-09-2018, 02:34 AM
Conq nerfs inevitable

goatwack
03-09-2018, 02:40 AM
Why not eh. Just let's have the Conqueror use his fists whilst hobbling on one leg. That should appease the critics who say he's OP :nonchalance:

Tyrjo
03-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Shield Bash need more recovery frames. Period.