PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Assassin Are You (w/Prizes!)?

bukowski113
12-09-2009, 07:32 PM
What do you love about Assassin's Creed II? How do you play?

Do you stalk your prey through the crowded streets and wait for that perfect window to slide a poisoned blade into their side and then slip away before the deadly effects even set in?

Do you leap from the rooftops blades out and fight off anyone foolish enough to get in your way?

Hidden blades? Throwing knives? Sword? Mace?

What kind of assassin are you?

We want YOU to tell us about your Assassin's Creed II experience. Tell us how you play and why. Tell us about your playing style, your gaming set up, how you immerse yourself in the game.

The two most thoughtful, expressive, and interesting experiences will win an awesome Ezio statue.

Post your entries here by the end of the year (12/31) and we'll pick the winners in early January.

Good luck! Happy stabbing!

Fine print: One entry per person, US only.

bukowski113
12-09-2009, 07:32 PM
What do you love about Assassin's Creed II? How do you play?

Do you stalk your prey through the crowded streets and wait for that perfect window to slide a poisoned blade into their side and then slip away before the deadly effects even set in?

Do you leap from the rooftops blades out and fight off anyone foolish enough to get in your way?

Hidden blades? Throwing knives? Sword? Mace?

What kind of assassin are you?

We want YOU to tell us about your Assassin's Creed II experience. Tell us how you play and why. Tell us about your playing style, your gaming set up, how you immerse yourself in the game.

The two most thoughtful, expressive, and interesting experiences will win an awesome Ezio statue.

Post your entries here by the end of the year (12/31) and we'll pick the winners in early January.

Good luck! Happy stabbing!

Fine print: One entry per person, US only.

john63
12-09-2009, 08:20 PM
So do we make a video, or type something, or what?

Fenro
12-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Im the sort of assassin that thrives for a challenge, i always play with full notority and work alone. i take careful planing on my missions before executing them in a perfect harmony.

Once i needed to infiltrate a certaint household, as i never work with others and try to kill only my target and the inevitable guards. i decided that the best course of action was to "help" a rooftop guard falldown next to the doorway a band of 4 guards where posted at. afterwards i leaped into the nearest haystack and slided through the door now that the guards had something else to think about. inside this area there where merchants and pedestrians walking about aswell as few guardtroops. my target was followed by a guard wielding a Pike as his weapon. the best course of action? create chaos. i decided to throw florences around the courtyard and chaos ensued. the guards where "some picking" the money and some bouncing wildly around because of the people runing into them. the pikeman was distracted now. the target wasnt ammused of this. i walked by him fast.. he never saw it comming. only hís poisoned corpse was left behind. while i blended myself amongst the crowd and waited for the fuzz to clear off.

For me subtelity is the name of game, spare anyone that you can only go for your target.

Poison, Smokebomb... those are my weapons of choise.

The above "contract" was just an sampple of the way i go on with my missions. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Now a question you might be giving yourself. Why would this entry deserve the ezio statue.

Well, after reading my story do you realy want to be my next target http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

***edit
damnit, US only? country racists http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

thekyle0
12-10-2009, 08:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by john63:
So do we make a video, or type something, or what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That post counts as your entry. Oh wait, that means this counts as my entry! Oh noes! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

90% of my play time is spent poisoning people and throwing coins, while the other 10% is spent looting money and buying more poison.

breakdown89
12-10-2009, 10:15 AM
What i love about Assassin's Creed II is the fact that that there are two hidden blades, smoke bombs, poison, and Leonardo da Vinci A.K.A Q. Desmond has more to do this time around, and Ezio is a welcome new addition to the franchise. All of the loose ends from AC1 are tied up in AC2, and we're left with a very satisfying ending that sets the stage for ACIII quite nicely. The way i approach my play style however, is no holds barred. Give me 20 enemies and i'll take them all down. Hell, give me 40 and i can assure you that this assassin will prevail in the end, despite the circumstances. There is no mace, sword, blade, or any other weapon that can bring me down when skill and concentration are at the height of my power. And believe me when i say that there is no better feeling than when you've accomplished such an impossible task or unbelievable feat and triumph over insurmountable odds. This "hidden potential" is something i believe we all have, and it just comes to show that when you set your mind to something, there's nothing you can't do.

senile old coot
12-10-2009, 11:48 AM
i like to change my style of play as i progress through an assassination mission. i usually begin with the uber subtle approach, I.E. silent rooftop kills, rollin' wid mah...ahem...courtesans (cos you've jus' gotta love the courtesans right!). once i reach the target the classic hidden blade thrust to the throat is generally in order (or in the eye if you happen to be vieri de pazzi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif). after the ''requiescat in pace'' (which i must admit turns me on a little, i can't stop saying it! i even say it to bowser in mario games! ok back to the topic! sorry guys), i then proceed to broadcast my location to the majority of guards in the area, before humiliating about half of them before slipping away unnoticed (the fact that everybody has seen me by now is completely besides the point), leaving the rest of them standing there thinking ''wow we just got owned infront of everyone maan'' (aww poor emotionally scarred guards eh). i do this in sweet memory of the ''THE AUDITORE ARE NOT DEAD! I'M STILL HERE! ME! EZIO! EZIO AUDITORE!'' scene after the Uberto Alberti assassination....because that was absolutely hardcore!

i apologize for the overuse of brackets (i love them nearly as much as i love poisoning large groups of guards and watching them commit mass GBH on eachother)!

Cpt.Gumz
12-10-2009, 01:48 PM
I almost never play the same, exept for the first playthrough i just follow my traget on rooftops the at some point jump down and insert my Vlade into their throat, in the second playthrough i do assassination 2-3 times to find the most fun way to do it.... my signature move is to smoke bomb everyone once i killed a target then pick his body up and jog away with him on my shoulder http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.... also, i Friggin' love the pistol

TooLazy4Name
12-10-2009, 01:49 PM
During assassinations, i tend to be stealthy, though when im just free roaming, i tend to leave every guard i see unconcious.

Not dead, unconcious. i hardly ever use any lethal weapons aside from axes i disarm and spears/halberds i disarm. and even then i get rid of them quickly by counter attacking and having it stick into the opponent. any other time other than that, and its my fist that i use. disarm, drop weapon, throw sand, insta-ko.

PS: Anyone here ever fought a boss with your fist? I for one had a awesome time choke-slamming Vieri De-Pazzi.

Ureh
12-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Assassin's Creed II gives the player quite a few ways of carrying out assassinations and missions. There are methods to "take care" of your targets in a subtle manner and slip away undetected. Or you can go in, guns a'blazin, leaving dozens of bodies to decorate the streets. Sometimes you are allowed to carry out your deed in anyway you see fit, other times you're only permitted one method.

In the first half of the game, you have very limited means of killing your enemies because Ezio doesn't possess as many skills and weapons as a Master Assassin would. This "inconvenience" makes your missions much more challenging and require you to take advantage of your surroundings and incorporate your weapons into them. Of course, this is assuming that you do not start the contracts after obtaining your full arsenal.

In the case that you're only allowed to finish off your target in only one way, your target will more than likely be guarded, thereby making your task much harder. To make my job easier, I will usually hire the closest faction. However, thieves, in my opinion, will make your job the easiest because they can - in a matter of seconds - goad the guards into chasing them. Opening the way for you, without having to bloody your blades. If I feel sinister, I'll challenge myself further by approaching my target from the rooftops. I take care of the guards that are surrounding my target by throwing down the bodies of archers, attracting their attention away from my target. Although this only momentarily opens the way for me to assassinate my target. Sometimes before I approach my target, I'll approach the distracted guards instead and inject poison in all of them. Then I move in for the kill. In one particular assassination contract in Florence, after disposing the guards without alerting the target of your presence, the only way you could finish your target was by approaching him from behind and then using your hidden blade. This is only possible, if I first isolated him from the guards, then caused him to abandon the safety of the archway. The riskiest and most daring method of assassinating a target, that I have tried, is by blending into a crowd that will walk by your target. This'll allow you to sneak past the guards without hiring a faction or directly assaulting them. The downside to this plan is that one false move will unblend you from the crowd, thereby alerting your presence to the guards and to your target (which results in failing the mission instantly).

Other times my "target" isn't a live one, but rather a Codex scroll or treasure box. In this case, I'll be much more daring and approach the guards by attempting a double-assassination first (if I carry dual hidden blades). When dealing with the remaining guards, my weapon of choice will usually be the hidden blade(s) because they have a very fast attack speed, provide sufficient damage to rival even the primary weapons (swords, hammers, maces, axes, etc), and also display some of the most gruesome yet efficient finishing moves. With the hidden blades I will usually wait for counterkills, although sometimes I will mash the attack button so that I can see Ezio repeatedly stab both hidden blades into the stomach of his unfortunate victims. My runner-up preference would have to be disarming the guards (especially the spear-wielding seekers and brutes) and using their weapons against them. I almost always try to disarm axe-wielding brutes so that I can watch Ezio bash the axe into their shoulder, quickly pull it back out and rest it against his own shoulder, then push down the brute with one hand as if he had nothing to worry about. I also like to use the spear because sometimes when you impale them through the abdomen, they'll fall backwards. But somehow the body remains propped up because of the spear. Certain finishing moves will lodge the spear or axe into your enemies body, which seemingly disables you from reusing it. However, this can be easily resolved by picking up the body, which will cause the weapon to drop to the ground. I like doing this so that I can watch my favorite finishing moves again.

Once, twenty guards got a little foolish and they started chasing me up the rooftops of Firenze. I waited for them to climb up one-by-one, and immediately struck them down one-by-one with my sword - usually the Schiavona - and watched as their bodies smacked into the city streets. In a matter of seconds, I had a stack of guards ready to be looted and a devious grin glued onto my face. The rarest form of combat, but one of the most satisfying, that I always love to experience is on horseback. Sometimes I run into pedestrians and the guards will give chase to me. There's always something satisfying about trampling the guards or quickly galloping past them and slashing them with your sword at the same time. If I'm lucky, I can manuever my horse quickly enough and finish off a group of guards without getting knocked off the saddle.

The single, most important aspect of the gameplay that struck me (as a new fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise) is the platforming and puzzles that revolve around them. The ease of scaling buildings and hopping across rooftops have been enumerated by many people, so instead I will touch on my favorite puzzle. With no doubt, it has got to be Visitazione's Secret because it was the tomb that taught me many new tricks that saved me a lot of headaches (it's one of the solutions in the Altair sequence!) in other parts of the game. After learning the new wall skill, I was able to solve the entire puzzle by pulling the lever only once (after learning all the ropes on my first playthrough I was able to breeze through the game on my 2nd and 3rd). One question that still lingers after finishing this tomb is: What was the purpose of the giant squid in Visitazione's Secret? How did it get in there? How does it sustain itself? Regardless, I know better than to take a swim in that tomb!

One of my favorite moments in the game is the last part (most notably when Ezio confronts the Spaniard in Roma and when he speaks with Minerva). When he speaks to what he thinks is an unconcious Rodrigo Borgia, I can see that his face is very weary and anxious. Over so many decades of his life, Ezio tormented his own mind with vegeance and the desire to kill all the people responsible for the crimes against his family and depriving him of the life that he could've led. In the end, the tone of his voice and the expression on his face made me think: would the death of Rodrigo free Ezio from all those restless years of seeking vengeance? When I fight Rodrigo in the Church, I rely on the throwing daggers to finish the fight quickly because you cannot disarm nor instantly kill him with the gun or counterkills. Afterwards, the greater part of me was happy to see that Ezio realized that killing the Spaniard would solve nothing, and the fact that the life of his greatest enemy was in his hands would provide some closure. Then, followed the revelation from Minerva. While there was very little player interaction in this cutscene, it was by far one of the most unexpected (yet expected) things to see in the game - not to mention, also the most exciting. It confirmed my suspicions that the Pieces of Eden were constructed by an ancient, powerful, extraterrestrial race and that humanity, long ago, knew of their existence. It is unfortunate, that we cannot access these memories again when we finish the game; so part of my initiative to experience the final chapter of ACII is by playing the game over and over again. Nevertheless, Ubisoft has answered a few questions for us, and created many more.
The last thing, but equally important topic I'd like to touch on is the music of ACII.

Sometimes I feel like listening to another song from a different city, but am playing in a city that doesn't play that song. In that case, I will fire up my Dad's blu-ray player and listen to "Venice Rooftops" or "Ezio's Family" (my two favorites) while I'm in Forli or Firenze. On my third playthrough, I played soundtracks from actual bands and singers and turned off the volume on my tv, while fighting several guards, so that I can try to match my attack pattern to the beat of the music.

I'm an alcolyte assassin, and this is what I love about Assassin's Creed II.

Ren321
12-10-2009, 07:43 PM
I am a sort of Assassin who prefers do do thing in a low profile manner and try to be unoticed and keep my notoriety low.
Although i do prefer using the hidden blade most of the time and taking the guard out one by one silently.But in certain situations the hidden blade is practically useless and this kind of situation requires me to disarm the guards.DIsarming is also another cool feature as you can make the guard defenceless while getting you own weapon for freehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifIf a guard is guarding my target i would like yto use either the poison blade to make the guard kill my target for me but i also like to hire courtseans to seduce the guards while i take my target out.

bladencrowd
12-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Sprint. Assassinate. Slaughter. Wait. Flip Cape. Rinse. Repeat. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

shadows473
12-10-2009, 11:30 PM
I use those brooms
they are really effective in slitting peoples throat
who knew?

Eternal_04
12-11-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm the kind of Assassin that adapts to any situation. When a mission calls for stealth I can do it. If I have to take down 100 guards I can do it. Smoke bombs, poison, bullets, I know them and love using every weapon at my disposal.

My preferred methods are stealth and the hidden blade but I admit I do love swordplay and monitoring my opponents to take them down at the right moment. I also like to take things at a creative angle. When my mission called for taking down 10 or so brutes, instead of charging in I silently poisoned 3-4 of them to help me take down the rest. The plan worked perfectly.

I would call myself a well rounded Assassin.

godsmack_darius
12-11-2009, 02:05 PM
When it comes to traveling to my Target, I use the roof top stand far away from him on the roof but cloe enough too see him and not be noticed by guards, I kill any archers surronding the area. Then I use eagle vision to find him, I drop into an ally way and walk out, I stalk my target walk through a group of people and when he walks close to me I do low profile assassination. Walk away unoticed.

If he has A body guard, I will poison him and maybe one other guard.

When it comes to fighting, I use the hidden blade (if I am in a hurry) my hands ALL THE TIME, I love disarming and using Hand to hand animations

And sometimes my knife.

When it comes to escaping I use the rooftops, which is ym advantage coz I barley ever fall.

thebutcherhead
12-11-2009, 04:38 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Well, good luck reading it.

Usually I like to play with subtlety, but since Ezio seems to be a more aggressive character I try to be more impulsive in my gameplay, especially during the early sequences when the losses of his family are still kind of a shock to Ezio. Whenever I finish off a large fight I usually keep my sword out to intimidate and walk slowly out of the area until I reach an alleyway or a narrow road off to the side where I can take to the rooftops and continue the missions. Even in the first mission I replayed the fight in the streets about three times to learn how to do combo kills effectively to kinda make it feel like Ezio was already a pretty badass fighter. I kinda knew that his father was going to die early in the game so I wanted him to have at least some experience for when he gets begins his way to vengeance. That way he'd be an assassin that was quick, decisive, and angry to fuel the story.

I just thought Ezio would seem a lot more of a badass this way. His appearance is more muscular than Altair, and with the broad shoulders, he doesn't seem to be as much of a subtle character to me, at least not peaceful or meditative. So with that, in fights I usually don't wait for the enemy to strike. When I played with Altair, sometimes I'd sit still or walk slowly in fights to sort of unnerve his opponents; it didn't do anything to the AI but I thought it looked lame if I just stood there and attacked, stood there and attacked- if you could move during the cutscenes to make it seem more cinematic, why not the fights and other parts of the game as well? So during a lot of the gamplay I try to use the asthetics of the environment to make the fights seem more intense or badass like you would in a movie with camera angles and timing streaks of attacks in synch with the music or whatever seems the freakiest at the moment. So with Altair I tried to be more tactical in fights, using random outbursts of attacks followed by long silent moments without attacking and tried to use that contrast to make the combat more fun to play with. With Ezio though, the fights are a lot more personal with the deaths of his father, Federico and Petruccio, where Altair was kinda born and raised to assassinate with skill, to Ezio it was kind of a shock, and something that would more likely traumatize rather than train him to be a strategizer in combat. So at the beginning of the game it's kind of a wild fury, I use a lot of footwork with the A buuton to kind of whirl around enemies, and sometimes follow that up with an attack from behind with a dagger, the animation's pretty sick. As the game progresses I like to hone that into his main intimidation skill, by using quick work of his enemies to kind of surprise and totally freak out the remaining guards. It's really convenient cause if you take a large group out fast enough, more of them will run away even brutes. I rarely use pauses during combat with Ezio, if guards don't attack right away I usually taunt them to keep the pace of the fight up. Whenever I do pause, I kind of shake the camera viewing to make it look like Ezio's taking a breath to reasses the fight and find a faster way to wipe out the guards. Also, I never flee if the fights already started with Ezio.

So yeah, I'm like geek level 983 it's almost scary lol. I usually fight alone outside missions. During missions I like to do man of the people with thieves and mercenaries, depending on what would make a better distraction for the scenario in the mission. The ladiesman thing with the courtesans is kinda cool but I rarely use it except to distract brutes cause its funny. During assassinations, I always like to remain undetected though especially when it seems near impossible. If all else fails I resort to using a smoke bomb to distract, poison the target and watch from a distance on a roof or bench http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif. Sometimes I make a moshpit of poisoned guards if I'm bored. Play some hardcore metal band in the background lol.

When walking through the cities, I usually try to keep low profile, it seems kinda wierd to have a guy running around everwhere with a cape with tranquil music in the background. Also I'm too lazy to buy the CD and don't want to spend the money. When I have to get somewhere fast though, I usually run accross rooftops or scale the armatures alongside buildings with the camera angeled at the streets and civilians commuting below. At night I just look straight though.

My fav assassination was the contract in San Gimignano that restricted you from using weapons to kill your targets. It was the guard at the eastern courtyard, I appraoched him with a group of courtesans, threw coins to surround him with citizens and poisoned him after throwing a smoke bomb to make it seem as if the smoke caused him to choke. As I walked away from the courtyard a herald was preaching about Ezio's actions throughout the region which made it perfect.

Overall, I try to keep a low profile while among civilians, do my dirty work in queit, and brutal when need be. My best weapons are switching between a sword and a dagger, and disarming brutes for the strongest parts of the fight. I use whatever tools will leave the site in utter chaos and indicipherable confusion. My name is Ezio Auditore, and like my father I, am an Assassin.

lol but seriously I think the best part of the experience for me was getting to use elements of the story to enhace the combat and gameplay choices I make during missions. It's a revenge story, and despite how common it used as a motif in video games, the choice for the protagonist and the tech in AC games made it a lot of fun. This game's practically stolen like 50 hours of my life. But whatever. My college classes are out for winter break and I have nothing else to do so the game came out at the right time lol.

Koemi
12-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Steps of cinematically assassinate Ezio's target

*I'd usually dye Ezio's clothing to the city's respective color - one with a brighter tone*

1) bump into his target. make him slightly agitated, then walk away with target still mumbling.
2) hiring a group of ******s and ask them to distract Ezio's target and his colleagues (ideally with a brute).
3) while their flirting begins, throw coins couple times around the ******s-target group. (need a crowd to cheers aye?)
4) as the crowd cheers, stab the target's colleagues with poison blades. Make sure the target's sandwiched in-between.
5) find a bench around, sit down, and watch [1st person view] the flirting, sword-dancing, crowd awing and the target "requiescat in pace". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Boss fight: if possible I prefer the following sequence [with dagger/hidden blade] - (block, taunt, quickstep/dodge, attack, counter, taunt, quickstep/dodge....

Colbinile
12-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I try to keep my notoriety low, but usually I sneak into restricted areas, shoot some archer guards with my gun. Sometimes I just sneak to a pile of soldiers on the ground, and take out the stragglers behind the rest. Most of the time I major in just countering, or buying me some stuff from Monteriggini (sorry if I spell it wrong). Although I have not finished campaign, I can spend hours just running around killing civilians and guards.

I am mostly the stealthy type, but about 30% of the time I just go straight out and massacre and counter some people with my Altair armor and Altair's sword. I enjoy the game, and the mechanics.

TheEpicWolf
12-12-2009, 05:18 AM
I'm very mixed, but i would rather stand my ground and kill anyone who is dumb enough to chase me. Also for a target like to make them run for a bit and when i get bored of that i shoot them or just stick the hidden blade in the worthless necks.
But tbh i just kill everyone and ANYONE who gets in my way.....

S*** happens!

assassinato_862
12-12-2009, 12:50 PM
I always thought this game is about stealth and startegy. So I rarely use my sword at all actually. I use everything stealthy and quick, I really don't like it when I'm NOTORIUS because it makes all the guards AWARE of you, when you are an assassin you are supposed to be INCOGNITO not like, "Hey look at me I'm about to kill all the Templars!"
So when I'm exposed I usually use a smoke bomb, I would only reveal myself if necessary or if I don't have any other options. Preferably when I'm about to assassinate a target I stalk around until the time is right.

iHanson
12-12-2009, 01:58 PM
I like to stalk my target while on an assassination mission, if the target takes me to a place where there are lots of guards I go in arms blazing using my sword slowly weakening the enemy's using counter attacks and counter kills, usually this lowers their moral and occasionally most flee, those are the wise ones unlike those who stay and fight soon meet their fate and feel the wrath of Altair's sword.

I also like to do my jobs more stealthily utilizing my hidden blade using poison vial to make it into a more discrete way of assassinating a target and to watch the target helplessly flip out and die a slow and painful death, I only use this method if the job requires me to kill without being detected, I like to keep my cool when assassinating keeping professional, I do not murder with anger or for vengeance nor retribution, I do what I must because I can.

My method of travel??, I prefer to travel by roof top, slaying archers that get in my way pretty much all the time using my hidden blades their death comes quickly as I sneak up on them and stab my blade through their chest and hold their mouth so I wont be detected, if the time calls for it I will travel by street blending in with crowds and using factions at my disposal to achieve various things.

I like being this kind of assassin because it gives me variety, I am fast strong and well equipped for anything, whether it be a courier mission, entering and navigating one of the many assassin tombs most recently the Auditore crypt to learn about my family's heritage, or even an assassination job whatever it may be.

Equipment:
Weapon: Hidden blades/Sword of Altair.
Outfit: Advance Assassin Armour (aka: The armor of Altair), Venetian cape
Desired counter attack: Several stabs into the chest with the hidden blades/sacrificial throat slice.

Randy 355
12-12-2009, 03:18 PM
I like to think I play the game differently from everyone else...

I like to play with the enemy. For example:
I'll poison a guard with some other guards near, and while they watch him suffer... I wait. They seek for answers, but I simply wait. Just when they get ready to give up, I drop a body off of the roof. Confused, however, they still know nothing! As they continue to investigate, I rush by and drop a smoke bomb, and kill a civilian and a guard or two and let the smoke clear. I like to think this instills the fear into them. Now, I strike! I slam a rake into the back of one of their heads over and over until they fall unconcious! I then disarm the remaining guards, and beat them to the ground with nothing but my fists!

They live, but their pants... lets just say they'll need new pairs.

Why do I do this? I believe the Templar order probably needs a good kick in the ***. When I get done with them, they WISH I would have just used my hidden blade!

This is but an example of my adventures after the story is complete.

As for the basics:
Weapon of choice - Short Blade
Favorite counter - Short Balde into the skull.
Favorite outfit - Assassin white, metal armor, Auditore cape
One wish - To be able to keep tools handy, such as the broom, or the rake.

This game is amazing fun, and the possibilities are endless!

LaurenIsSoMosh
12-12-2009, 08:30 PM
I go into condensed back alleys with little room to move and begin throwing coins like crazy. When a sizable cattle amasses, I drop a smoke bomb and run away cackling.

IT'S A TRAP!

itsamea-mario
12-13-2009, 06:20 AM
i like to stalk the target, get rid of nearby guards so that the target is on their own and kill them.

or play the way i did on one of the assassination missions, the target was on top of the tower, i used mercenaries to distract the ground guards, climbed th building, stealthily killing any other guards. got to the top killed my target and threw the body off the tower, like a sort of victory act.

TheRealDrDude
12-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Read my post: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/4001044518 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4001044518)

This is my inner assassin. This is how I treat my targets in the game. Enough said.

tapout395
12-13-2009, 10:36 AM
I never run from a fight. Any guard that attacks me will die, I also play with the Auditore cape always equipped. My weapons that I use most frequently are unarmed combat, hidden blades, and sword of Altair.When I am on the rooftops I use the pistol.my favorite move is disarming a seeker who has a spear finishing the seeker then countering another guard with it and driving it from the nape of the neck through the flesh and exiting at the end of their spine . Impaled. My favorite place to fight in the game is Venice.

Shaun_Hastings
12-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Well..It all began on a normal day,
I was standing inside United Video, renting me a game.

So there I stood, looking at the PS3 games, and to my luck
I looked to the right of me, and there it was sitting,
The game that would soon be one of the best games ever.
Assassin’s Creed

And from the moment I turned on the game,
I never wonted to leave the PS3

And that’s how I became a HUGE fan of Assassin’s Creed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
10/10 Rated

When I heard that Ubisoft was making an Assassin’s Creed II
I was so exited, that I told my friends all about it at school. And one of
my friends, also sheared the same excitement as I…
And at that moment, we knew we had a mission.

So.. Me and my friend saved up for the game, and waited for the
release date. Once from there, we both decided to pre-order, so
we hunted down the cheapest offer available. Pre-ordered it.
And we waited…

Friday 20th November 2009
7:00am

My friend and I, have been awaiting for this day to come.

We woke up to an annoying alarm clock.
Had a shower. Got dressed. Ate breakfast.
We already told my dad to tell our school that we both be sick

8:00am

We went down to **** Smith, and to our surprise,
The shop did not open till 10:00am.
We looked around, shops still closed.
Waiting for two hours. But it was worth it,
We were arguing about, who will go up to the counter,
and grab the game.
Even who would be worthy enough to hold the controller,
And be one of the first people in New Zealand to play
Assassin’s Creed II

10:00am

We both dashed in as soon as they turned the key to unlock the
Door. We both got to the counter and said “we are here to pick up Assassin’s Creed II” it was already waiting for us.

I grabbed it, and of we went, my mum and dad were waiting for us, with the engine
Already running, and we jumped in. We were flying across the road, our hearts pounding, our body’s shaking, could not believe that we just bought,
Assassin’s Creed II. Trying not to get a ticket, or crash at the same time cutting through streets, like mad men.

10:10am

We were at home within minutes, we ran down to the room, the PS3 wasn’t even on yet, and we were shouting, jumping around like girls, for a good solid 15 minutes straight. After that, we then Finally, turned on the PS3 and insert Assassin’s Creed II.
While we were waiting for the game to download, we drank a lot of water. Lots.
When it reached 100 completion.

Well…

We started to scream and jump around, once again.
Only this time, 20 times as powerful as before, longer too.
My friend was so exited that he tripped over his own shoes, but got back up, and started screaming once more. The both us had to stop, because our throats were starting to hurt.

And from that moment on, we became best friends.

It took us one week, but we clocked it. And well, lets just say the ending is MIND BLOWING! That’s all I’m going to say……mind blowing.

I normally stealth my way through the guards, and only kill when I need to kill,
I don’t like making a big scene, if I need to follow a target, I’d rather climb up a building and follow them from up there. And I distract the guards, by using thieves, courtesans,mercenaries, and poison, then kill the target, or wait until the way is clear for me, and then I air assassinate my target.

Weapons of choice: I use all the skills that I know, and use all the weapons I have to
My advantage to defeat my enemies, I mostly kill the seekers or the brutes first, once there dead the other guards go running.

I’d like to thank the people who made this game.

Not only the game is wicked, but my bound between me and my friend has become
Stronger then ever. We are the best of friends.

Me and my friend had loads of fun!!!

Assassin's Creed II
100/100 Ratedhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
I give it a capital O for Owsome-Shaun

Can’t wait for Assassin’s Creed III hahahaha

May the father of understanding guide you.

IEzioI
12-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Im the kind of assassin that likes to be descreat.

I stalk my target through the crowd and wait till they start to chat with a friend, then I slip the poison blade out and into their back.

after that I then watch the chaos that ensues and then toss a little money on the ground, hurry up a building and then airial assassinate the target before the poison finishes them off.

Then smoke bomb and im gone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mitro-Blade
12-14-2009, 03:15 AM
I do whatever i have to do to eliminate my targets. even if it means hiring people to distract guards. Even though i only hire people whenever that is the only way. I make good use of the double hidden blade and tend to carry as less weapons on me as possible. And i always concentrate on my target rather than the guards. I also make good use of rooftops, i always try to follow my target on the roof rather than the crowded streets. If i get into a fight with some guards i try to only kill 1-3 guards before getting away.

Oh and i don't really care if i win, since i already have an master assassin Ezio statue http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Bampire
12-14-2009, 07:50 PM
In the first one I prefer throwing knives and short swords. In the second I mainly stick to the dual Hidden Blades, they're much easier to use against foes. Most amusing when I'm up against 2 targets and stick the dual hidden blades in the back of their heads, or in their faces.

It is nice to use the smoke bombs when there's a bit too many foes for me to handle. If I don't feel like running away and getting hit every time I try to make a dash for it, I just pull out the dual Hidden Blade, throw the foes here and there, jump, and stab them. My favourite move would have to be the 5-7 stabs in the abdomen area. Over Kill is my choice of killing/murder/assassination.

In both games whenever I go on the roof tops I just throw the guards off, or assassinate them right then and there. I don't appreciate a whole horde of them on my tail the whole time, so they must be disposed of. :P

Sabudo
12-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I am definitely an adaptive player when it comes to performing the assassinations.

i like the hidden Gun, Smoke bombs, Poison needle, double blades, and of course the Coddonted War Hammer.

In general i like to stalk the target and find out his walking patters, then find the best method of taking him out.

During one of the story assassination missions i got down to ground level and blended with a group of courtesans. Then walked towards the area my target was in. Staying extremly far from my target i turned on the eagle vision and watched how he moved. After determining that he walked by the same point several times, i lined up my hidden gun, i did not target him with it as i was far out of range, instead i merely lined it up with a spot i knew he would walk to then fired when the timing was right.

He never knew what hit him, and his gurads were clueless as to the who the assassion was. I simply walked away with my fine lady escorts with everyone none the wiser.

This is how i tended to perfrom my missions, as tactically as possible: be it eliminating roof gurads and using their body's to open up a window of oppertunity, throwing smoke bombs and only poisoning gurads then fleeing so they still perform my task, or just waiting for the oppertune moment to perform an aerial assassination on the target then using a smoke bomb to cover my escape.

I always adapted to the situation and performed my task flawlessly each time, and never was it that i just jumped in unprepared and hacked my way to my target.
That is not the path of an assassion, more the one of a mercenary.
An assassion must always be stealthful and analytical, which is how i played the game.

ParagonParadox
12-16-2009, 06:13 PM
I work in the dead of night. I gather information on my target before daring to thrust my blade into their body. I follow them through the night and even through the day, finding their routine and their vices. Most of my target have fancied the Courtesans as a means of getting distracted of there impending demise. If the target is not easily influenced by something pleasing to the eye, then they will be influenced by the chaos faced around them as Thieves and Mercenaries attack guards. However, I do not kill them there and then. I continue to wait. I play with their thoughts and I drop countless dead guards in their path as a way of foreshadowing their end. Eventually I find my chance to kill them. What to use? The Poison? A Throwing Knife? The Gun? Or simply engage them in battle? After contemplating I decide a silent thrust of my blade should so the trick. I follow them in the streets of Venice. Hiding in the crowds, close...... so close. There! He is near the water, this is my opportunity! I dash toward him and thrust my blade into his abdomen and his body falls lifeless. Two guard run over to aid the dead man and I dispose of them with a double-hidden blade attack. I pick up each body one by one and throw them in the river. It is as if they never existed. As I gaze into the water, I think of all of the others who will fall prey to my blade and will rest in the river.... to be forever mourned. Then I remember my creed "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted." I disappear onto the rooftops to pursue another target.

That actually happened for me. The target was a guard who I pursued for a couple of in-game days. It was probably my favorite assassination. He even became paranoid, which I really liked. I guess if you were to describe me as an assassin. You would say I am a determined killer. I love hiding myself. I love the assassins creed series and I plan on playing the next installment. I play this game because there are very few games that allow you stealth with so much variety.

Thanks for the Great Game Ubisoft Montereal. Congrats on the GOTY award.

SNx Effect
12-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Overall, my deadly assassin technique is to get in, make the kill, and then get out unseen.

A perfect example of this was the mission to kill the Venitian merchant. I began my mission at the peak of the night. After dispatching the unaware archers-oh so silently I proceeded-I went for the kill. Using the spare change in my pocket, I mustered up some mercenaries and told them to eliminate the guards. The mercenaries fought viciously without mercy-they went primitive smashing those guards with their mighty hammers-but they did their part. After that little scene of chaos, I proceeded on my approach. Using my awesome acrobatic moves, and some that I picked up during the time I spent so far in Venice, I performed a perfect ledge jump. I nailed it so perfectly that I began to look around to see if anyone noticed. After ascending to the top, I waited with my hands held onto the edge. Very slowly, a guard stationed on the roof began to inch closer to me. Right when he was literally right above me, I snatched him using my right arm and thrust behind me. I then quickly lauched myself upward and forward, just dodging the other guards' gaze. I did a double jump from the roof to the balcony and then to the opened window. I then trust my not so hidden blade anymore into the unsuspecting patrol guard. I then climbed to a point of view where I would be directly above my target. After a couple of moments-I planned the timing very carefully-the target appeared right under me. Nervous, I was not, eager, I was not, ready, I was. Down I jumped onto the victim and down came the blade that I extended for just that purpose and up came the target cut scene. This however was only half of what I still needed to do. The last and most important part was the escape. Using a smoke bomb that I had stowed away for this purpose, I threw it upon the floor causing a widespread confusion and panic. With all around me blinded, I made my leave off the courtyard and into the wet venitian water. My mission was a success.

Yeah, so that is basically my strategy and my most pleasuring experience.

OniLinkSword
12-17-2009, 09:05 AM
My playing experience can greatly vary depending on my mood. Sometimes I'll go in with everyone knowing my intent... but what's the fun in that? I love stalking my pray like a cat while avoiding guards like a ninja. The moment when I pounce on my target is entirely satisfying after a long hunt.

Short and sweet.

darkxknight101
12-17-2009, 02:12 PM
um im a great assassin who loves to poisin and assassin...DO I WIN!??!?!

SalemElliot
12-17-2009, 05:11 PM
I always use double hidden blades and Altair's Sword. If I need to assassinate a target, what i usually do is find the best vantage point, wait for the perfect time, then strike. Usually they don't notice me until I assassinate them with my hidden blade. After that i will just run off into the shadows. If they do notice me though, i would quickly kill him and run. If i get into a battle, i might pull out Altair's sword or a small weapon. Or i will just stick with the hidden blades. I would then try to counter or attack.

ThatOneJewYouNo
12-18-2009, 01:15 AM
"It's a chilly, snowy night. The alarm clock on the desk chimes, symbolizing that 2:30 AM has struck. My fingers twitch over the XBox 360 controller as the Mountain Dew courses through my veins. I plan ahead a solid fifteen seconds of my life; I know that I'm in for the kill for the glory and the status. As the fantasies roll in, I hear the soft Renaissance music floating away in the background...

... And my visualization begins. Ezio's home in Florence is far warmer than my brisk Indiana bedroom. The streets are crowded, the voices flared, the city in peril: perfect to make my strike. As I glide through the crowd, hidden like a specter, I approach the initial guards defending the door from the uproar that is our city. With a quick jab from my poison blade, the brute is struck: success.
Moments later he flails around, desperately seeking salvation. As the crowd sputters to a halt to watch him perish, I flash a deviant smile as we hear the thud. As our city raises it's voice once more, I slip through the door into the chambers. Scribes and officials bustle around the centre, desperately attempting to retrieve solutions to this chaos and deliver them to my target. As I make my way around I realize there's only one quiet way up, and that's through the servant's quarters. I crawl through the old-age laundry shoot and make my way stealthily to the second floor where my victim lies in wait. He is bellowing through his open window at the crowd, telling it to silence itself or be silenced. The blood in my veins boils as I hear him belittle our wonderful city, but it quickly turns to adrenaline as I blaze forward with skill and thrust my blade into his throat. The commoners and assistants alike are stunned, petrified, and overall aware of this scene: The Duke is dead. As I bid my farewell to the once-crowned official, I hurl myself through the window into the crowd, being caught by the purposeful bale of hay below. As the guards search, their efforts are ended by my hired help as I make my way home to that sweet Indiana room that's filled with glory that I sought so desperately minutes ago. And yet, with all this glory, no name or face to attach to it in public.

Another day hard at work."

Sounds good to me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm not sure if we wanted a story as an example or just a good recollection, so I tried to fit in both.

the amolang
12-18-2009, 11:01 PM
US only http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

chizzy12
12-19-2009, 02:54 PM
This is what I usually try to do:

Wait along the rooftop. Eye my target. Listen to him speak as long as possible. (Gotta get the most outta this awesome game). ALWAYS use the hidden blade. No matter what. Jump off the roof and kill my target like an eagle. I only fight large masses if I have to. I try to stay as stealth as possible. I'm an assassin not a war machine. So running away is more fun for me. If I need to get somewhere -like in a building- I might walk up to a guard, poison him, then blend. Once they're distracted I walk in and get that codex. If I ever have to tail someone, I ALWAYS do it from the rooftops. Gotta make it more cool-like. Oh and Requiscat in pace (or how ever you spell it) is the coolest phrase EVER. lol. Give me the prize. I play the game as it should be played.

swgindy
12-20-2009, 12:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> What do you love about Assassin's Creed II? How do you play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goodness, where to start... the sprawling environment, the improvements over AC1 - no longer a resync when you hit water, the dual blades, poison, air/hidden/ledge assassinations, a gun the size of a "hummingbird", the interactive environment, an actual economy that you have control over, treasure maps, fast travel stations, on and on... oh, did I mention the environment? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Do you stalk your prey through the crowded streets and wait for that perfect window to slide a poisoned blade into their side and then slip away before the deadly effects even set in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stalking the prey? Only with the named, which we've been pretty restricted to per game play. Other than for one of the achievements, I haven't really played around with the poison that much. But, I can assure you, that after reading the main topic and some of the responses, I'll be spending some time going back and giving some special attention to the design http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Do you leap from the rooftops blades out and fight off anyone foolish enough to get in your way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely not. If we were to assume that this was the brash, younger Enzio... definitely. But, over the course of time and training (not to mention game play and new techniques), we have become more "refined".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hidden blades? Throwing knives? Sword? Mace? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only when necessary. Otherwise, fists/open hands. Why? There's nothing more satisfying than taking a guards own weapon and skewering/bashing/piercing him with it. Found it very interesting/intuitive that, given the chance, the AI - who had been disarmed - would pick up a weapon of a slain comrade.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> What kind of assassin are you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For the most part... very merciful. Unless you are a beggar, insane, or most recently carry a lute. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We want YOU to tell us about your Assassin's Creed II experience. Tell us how you play and why. Tell us about your playing style, your gaming set up, how you immerse yourself in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I play the game to wrap myself in the environment. The main story line and side quests are there for direction only, pointing to the next area/city that I can interact with. The story line has been spectacular, with the ending climaxing and leaving you wanting more... especially with the mention of all the "temples". It will be very interesting to see what comes next.

Aside from the fact of not being able to have 100% synchronization out of the box, thank you very much for an enjoyable game.

Kurogane_Hikari
12-22-2009, 09:19 AM
I killed anyone in my way.

But I love to use fist because it doesn't kill anyone. Just make them lay on the ground.

Disarm a soldier first, then hand to hand fighting not counter. Throw sand to his eyes and then finish him off.(Try to not kill any guards because Ezio have one target not guards, so I have mercy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Guards are human like everyone.)

If I have a target to assassinate,
first I blend with people then hire any faction to distract guards.
Finally Run toward to my target and High-profile assassinate!

About how to escape. I usually dive in the water or run out of the sight.

I use this because this is my way!

Equipment:
Weapon: Hidden blades/Fist.
Outfit: Altair armour
Way to kill: Throw sand then finish

"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted."

Sorry for my english. I'm not in Us.
I just want to share my experience.

ShadowEXP
12-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Going on top of buildings and when archers are not looking. WHAM! in the face from behind.

Then again i done that in AC1 for fun.

AssassinJF13
12-22-2009, 10:49 AM
I differ from time to time on what i want to do, sometime i just roam the streets and kill any guards that i spot. Or this lady bumped into me once and i believe she called me a "monkey", so stabbed her through the throat.. *****!! ha.

But i take 1 of 2 approaches when undergoing an assassination:
1st = Stealth approach - I like to blend in with the crowd and walk up on my target and use my hidden blade to stab him through the back, however i think it's very fun if they are in a restricted area with rooftops around, to stand up on a ledge or roof and drop a smoke bomb down by him, drop in, drop him, and by the time the smoke clears, the only thing left is his body and his guards are standing around it like WTF?!?

2nd approach - Jump off a roof or ledge, assassinate 2 of the target's gaurds with my jumping assassination, then quickly try to get between the other 2 (if there is 2 more), and double assassinate them, then when he's all alone, walk towards him slowly and finish him off.

Weapon of choice - Altair's sword, hidden blades, and I LOVE coming across guys with pikes,spears, or those double bladed axes, and using my fists and taking their weapon and killing everyone off with it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif!!

ended_nuke
12-23-2009, 03:09 PM
well I guess this is how i would play the game if i was being grouped on by lodes of guards i would throw one of my smoke bombs then climb on a ledge and start to assassinate them i guess! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif so there you have it thats how i kill so basically happy killing and dont forget about some poison! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Final-Legend
12-23-2009, 09:38 PM
A man sits on a bench in one of the busy alleys in Florence. The man is garbed in a white cloak and can be seen carrying a simple sword at his waist. He keeps his head down as the people pass, as if he is trying to keep a low profile.

A richly clad young man strolled through the alley and past the man in white. This caught the man is white’s eye, in which he tilted his head toward the rich man.

“There he is” The man in white whispered under his breath. With that statement he rose, slowly, and ventured forth and behind the rich man. He made sure to keep his distance, not wanting to alert his target. His eyes never left the man’s back.

The target had heard rumors of a man in white taking the lives of those who were consorting with Borgia. He, too, had spoken with Borgia and was now delivering a message for him. This left the rich man unnerved. He knew he could be the next to fall to the man in white. He occasionally glanced over his shoulders in an attempt to catch a glimpse of his possible murderer.

The man in white saw his target’s glances and snuck into a small group of people to remain undetected. If his target were to see him, then his mission would be compromised. The glances became too much, though. They became too frequent as the man became more and more paranoid. He knew he couldn’t remain on the streets. The man in white sprinted up a wall and began his ascent toward the rooftops.

The rich man’s breathing started to become heavy, his heart was racing. He couldn’t see the assassin, but he knew he was there. His eyes darted back and forth as he drew nearer and nearer to where he would drop off the message.

The man in white made his way across the rooftops, always keeping an eye on his target. As he neared a rooftop guard the man in white pulled a knife from his robe and with one quick movement let the knife slip from his hand to be buried into the guard’s neck.

The guard toppled to the roof tiles and slid down to the alley below. The guard’s corpse was seen by the rich man. His instant reaction was to make a full sprint toward the drop off point.

The man in white had prepared for this and sprinted across the rooftops, his eyes still on his target. He realized that his target was heading toward an open area where there were no rooftops to hide from. He knew this was the moment.

The man in white made a large leap off the roof and toward his target. As he flew through the air he unsheathed a hidden blade from the bottom of his forearm, and as he landed on the rich man, plunged the blade deep into the man’s neck.

Then, for a brief moment, the world seemed to fall to pieces as the two men’s souls connected for a last exchange of words.
“Why have you done this?” The rich man asked feebly.

“Because you help to plot against the innocent people of Firenze” The man in white explained.

“Then let me know the name of the man whom claims my life” The rich man let out, this
being his last breath.

“My name is Ezio Auditore da Firenze.”

You could say that is the kind of player I am. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I like to keep it stealthy but am not afraid to do something high profile if I need to.

UchihaKarasu
12-24-2009, 07:26 PM
If I were to label what kind of Assassin I am.....I would have to say I'm a very respectful one.
Though often I can be brutal, I try to end the lives of my victims quickly and don't taunt them (very often that is). Not only that, I usually try to avoid unnecessary fighting when possible, that way I am not burdened by the taken lives of so many people and, even if only a game, I can't help but feel bad about killing a guard (who is only doing his job) and most likely has a wife and children.
I also have a habit of picking up the bodies of my victims and placing them in a spot where they're out of the way (usually in a near by haystack) but if the victim is still alive I take them over to a patch of grass or a raised surface of some sort (I'm not joking, I actually do this with just about ever guard I kill). If I have allies who end up getting injured I do the same.
If it is absolutely necessary that I kill a target then I try to be stealthy and, again, kill them quickly. Unless I'm in a cocky or bad mood, then I either, beat the guard to defeat or take out the nearest brute.
I also have a hobby of throwing money at every homeless person I come across, in times like the Renaissance, I know the fact that they have no way to make money is usually not their own fault.
I enjoy running along the roofs as opposed to the street. But sometimes I like to walk amongst the people and listen to the bards sing (I actually find their songs very amusing) I also enjoy randomly riding a horse through the country side and sometimes simply enjoying the view from a high tower or building.
My favorite challenges, though, are the hidden locations. Usually I try to avoid using my guide book, because I enjoy solving things for myself, and am pretty good at it. Also, exploring Florence's Duomo was very powerful for me, considering it's one of the places I have always wanted to visit.

I guess in short, I'm a pretty relaxed Assassin who takes their job seriously but does not go overboard with it. I like to feel like I did a good deed when I shut of the PS3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

midna1
12-25-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm the kind of assassin who likes hanging out with AI buddies in the game & forming meaningful attachments - just like in ICO, Dragon Age or Uncharted2

I liked this best about the game

-The same way you could recruit thieves, mercs or courtesans you could also recruit INDIVIDUALS.
-The INDIVIDUALS to recruit were - Rosa, Amelia (horseplay) & Christina Vespucci .
-The girls behave (AI) as the 'thief' type i.e freerunning & misdirection.
-To team up with a girl you have to gift them i.e bring them presents or flowers etc
-They each have a 'stroppy' Meter. Like real life when you gift them enough they team up with you. If they get hurt or injured or u dont protect them the 'stroppy' Meter goes up and they run off. Then you need more gifts to win them back to normal 'stroppy' level.
- You can 'please' the girls by defending them or taking them on exciting missions or taking them to romantic viewpoints. 'Please' them enough & u get a kiss or can jump into the hay bales with them.
- You can 'teach' the girls fighting & freerunning skills - dependent on how much gametime you spend with them.
- You will need to be able to link (hold LB to hold hands) with the girls to drag them around while running/escaping ICO style - until they learn the skills
- You could even have a jealousy system or love triangle system or even better - If you neglect a girl they hook up with another guy - some Florentine ******. Then u have to go double blade the new boyfriend, see

This is why I like being an assassin - because the AC2 dev team was so *** imaginative with new gameplay

agentofwraith
12-26-2009, 10:16 AM
My quest for vengeance has been fullfilled but I, Ezio Auditore da Firenze am afraid to admit that my hatred has turned into bloodlust. What madness is this that consumes my every move? Just to travel from town to town, evading every guard and civilian alike while moving among the shadows? Then as if, consumed with rage, laying in wait for one false opening, I strike from above leaving victim after victim in a trail of blood. Will my lust never end? Or, is this just the beginning...

jurn47
12-26-2009, 10:58 AM
it`s just in what moot I am some times i like massive fights whit the sword or knife, and some times I like the stealthy style hidden blades - poisen - smokebomb and sometimes i just youse the gun to solve the problem, but mostly the stealthy style becease I like the sneakie style like splinter cell so that te guards think what te¿? who did this XD

CannedBullets
12-26-2009, 05:47 PM
The kind that will randomly fight guards and archers, loot their bodies, and drop their corpses in the water, or hiding spots, or throw there corpses onto the desks of doctors, also, I always steal money from people, even though I'm a millionaire in the game.

extrajuicy
12-27-2009, 03:30 AM
A berserker:
Well I gather as much guards as possible and let them beat me down until my health gets relatively low,then I try to kill them with any possible way while trying to survive

dorido
12-27-2009, 08:06 AM
i like going batman most of the time (no killing, unarmed takedowns, sand throwing, smoke bombs, etc.) but i do have my sinister side like after taking down an archer i think to myself, how am i going to get down from this building, so i drop the archer from the roof, wait for guards to inspect the body, air assassination, then safe landing (instant hay cart!)

gryphyne
12-27-2009, 01:14 PM
To the Magnificent Lorenzo Di Piero De Medici,

Now that the chaos of Easter is behind us I wish to make my assurances to your lordship that I will do all I can to bring to justice those that wronged our families so painfully. I feel I must make my intensions known as to how I will proceed from this point as it is not my intension to bring more disruption to your lordships lands.

I intend to be a ghost your lordship and will use all means at my disposal to eliminate each of these traitors as silently as possible. Whether this be poison or blade will depend upon each situation. For the most part, I will travel over the rooftops and blending into the crowds when needed. These in tandem will allow me the most freedom of movement through the city. I, of course, will do my utmost to avoid your lordships guards so as to not compromise my objective as I do not wish to harm any of your subjects unnecessarily. After all, they are simply doing there duty to your lordship.

My lord, thank you for renewing our family’s friendship and I look forward to avenging both of our family’s losses.

As ever, your faithful ghost,

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Kemorak
12-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Lorenzo was seated in a luxurious chair watching from a window the beautiful city of Florence. .in his hands a sealed and endorsed letter with the symbol of the Auditore Family, Without delay he Opened the letter containing the following message…

To:The Magnificent Lorenzo Di Piero De Medici

My Dear: Lorenzo how many days and nights have passed since the last letter?..
I will hunt down all our enemies and bring peace to our families,for a brief moment i got lost in the memories of my child hood and tears over come my eyes but.. I am a Man now and I must finish what my father started, I am Ezio Auditore da Firenze and Like my father before me i am an Assassin.

In the moment he read this part a shadow moved behind Lorenzo with a Knife as a thundering sound,loud and powerful gets Lorenzo's attention then he turned and saw the shadowed person fell in the floor with eyes of surprice and looked out the window and saw Ezio with a small smile looking at the unlucky traspasser as he fell to the ground,Lorenzo who was shocked to see one of his own servants, who was trying to kill him..he looked to the rooftop and saw Ezio smile and bow, then, the Guards came into Lorenzo's Room as he sat again to finish his Letter...

I must travel to the unknown lands, to find what the Templars are planing, for ever yours..your faithful servant and friend,

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

"Nothing is real,every thing is permited"

"Live by the Creed,Die by the Creed"

SEriktron
12-28-2009, 12:46 AM
My Assassin:1 THE STYLE:I like to be swift,sneaky and dangerous. I am not afraid of fighting large groups of soldiers Because I find myself to be a skilled fighter. I know how to stay hidden and prefer to stay like that until I hit my target. unless some stupid soldier starts pushing me then he is in for it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif .2 THE METHOD. I like to go from the rooftops its easy to stay hidden and the air assassination is very cool,effective and easy to preform. I am used to going at it alone but I am not afraid to ask for help to distract, drive away or fight my enemies.As for notoriety I like to keep it as low as possible if it ever gets full i am quick to diminish it.3.THE TOOLS OF CHOICE: My favorite tools are the gun,hidden blades and my fists. the reason these are my tools of choice is because well as I have said before I like to go on rooftops for my assassinations so I shoot the Archers with the gun to clear my way, the hidden blades are another tool of choice because the assassination is a very important factor, and my fists well when you start the game almost everyone has a better weapon than me so I disarm them I specially like Claymores, axes and spears those are my favorites. 5. THE EXAMPLE: now i don't remember an actual mission but this is how it would be. 1.I get the mission 2. I go to the assassination zone 3. I see my target 4. I go to a rooftop 5. get rid of any archers with my gun 6. air assassinate my target 7. disarm and kill the all guards in that area. that's the example number one. 6. THE SECOND EXAMPLE:lets skip to step 3 shall we 4.i sneak along with a group of people 5. distract the guards with courtesans 6. kill my target with poison and of course 7. slip away undetected. Now I know i said that the other things were my tools of choice and they are but the best assassin is that who uses all his or her tools.7.THE FINAL COMMENT: now i have given a thorough explanation on how I use Etzio but I don't think you will let me participate since i live in Mexico but worth a shot right?

alorne
12-28-2009, 04:18 AM
I walk the roof tops searching for my next kill, when I notice a group of four guards below. I jump down and take out two with the hidden blades, the switch to the dagger and counter the third. However, the fourth is a brute and I cannot counter his huge axe, so I switch to my fists and disarm him, turning his own weapon against him. Bye this time abother group of gaurds has noticed me and runs over to avenge there fallen commrades. So, I pull out my trowing knives and take out one of them before they reach me, and once the others are close I tr