PDA

View Full Version : Developer Update: Legendary Season Ending and Maintenance Incoming

ThatDarnSteve
03-07-2018, 06:59 PM
Hey everyone, Steve from RedLynx here! I'm back with another Developer Update for all of you. This week, our team has been incredibly busy. We've tried to respond as quickly as we could to several bugs, and keep you all well-informed. We have completed a hotfix for critical issues introduced by the BFU, and have entered that hotfix into validation. Unfortunately, that process can take up to 48 hours, so this hotfix should be rolling out within the next 24 hours, so long as it passes our final testing phase. We appreciate the patience all of you have shown as we fix these issues.

The issues which should be fixed with the coming hotfix are as follows:

When some cards are played, they do not appear on the battlefield, but their energy cost is still taken from your energy reserves
Cards are occasionally drawn into the playerís hand, even when they are already on the battlefield
Cards skip their Warcry animation, and the effect/damage is immediately applied to an enemy unit/New Kid
The donation leaderboard sometimes shows incorrect stats
Negative Phones Destroyed are sometimes displayed
If players are viewing a specific offer, and the offer available refreshes, they receive the new offer instead of the one they are viewing
Various performance issues

In addition, as we stated earlier this week, the fix will also contain the new Report Player function. An excerpt from the Monday developer update about this feature is below!

"These fixes will also be bundled together with an all- new Report Player function, which will allow you to report a player/match if some odd behavior was noticed. Many players have requested this feature, and its completion has coincided well with the timing of this hotfix, so they will be released together. The Report Player function will be found in the ďSettingsĒ tab of the New Kidís Phone Menu, and should help us to further root out any oddities or sources of player frustration. "

https://i.imgur.com/BorbDYB.png

LEGENDARY SEASON ENDING

Tomorrow, the Legendary season will end, and a new #1 player will be crowned! In our previous communication, I indicated this would happen at 09:00 AM UTC, but that was unfortunately incorrect. The in-game timer displays the actual time the reset will occur. This time should be at 11:00 AM UTC. At this time, we will undergo a period of maintenance that should take approximately 30 minutes. When players return, they will find that 50% of the Legendary Rank players have had their rank reset to 50, and the remainder have had their world rank reset. All players previously in Legendary will receive a reward pack based on their previous rank. This will contain rewards as per the following table.

WORLD RANK
LEGENDARY CARDS
EPIC CARDS
RARE CARDS
COMMON CARDS
GOLD UPGRADE ITEMS
SILVER UPGRADE ITEMS
BRONZE UPGRADE ITEMS
PVP TICKETS

#1-10
1, with a 50% chance for a second
9, with a 50% chance for a 10th

#11-100
1, with a 20% chance for a second
8, with an 80% chance for a 9th

#101-500
80% chance
7, with a 20% chance for an 8th

#501-1,000
60% chance
6, with a 40% chance for a 7th

#1,001-2,000
40% chance
5, with a 60% chance for a 6th

#2,001-4,000
30% chance
4, with a 70% chance for a 5th

#4,001+
20% chance
3, with an 80% chance for a 4th

RACE TO LEGENDARY REWARD PACKS

After the season ends, the 50% of players remaining in Legendary will be able to collect their Race to Legendary reward pack. This pack contains a 50% chance to get The Visitors. Players re-joining Legendary Rank within the first 7 days of the new season start will also be permitted to collect this reward pack.

THIS WEEKEND

If everything goes according to plan and our hotfix goes off without a hitch, we will also be rolling out the first ever Team Event this weekend! Players will be able to join their friends in teams in order to earn rewards based on collective event progress throughout the weekend. We will be walking you all through the team event in this week's Developer Stream over on Twitch and Facebook Live! We'll be raffling off sweet loot and other prizes to all of you, including a Legendary card. If we hit 500 simultaneous Twitch viewers, we will also be raffling off a copy of Mecha Timmy! So tell your friends, and join us for some sweet PvP action in this week's stream!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/875860982937014272/FFXrxPK0_400x400.jpg (http://twitch.tv/SouthParkPhoneDestroyer)

That's all I have for you this week, Phone Destroyers. Until next time, I'll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,
Steve🚀
(http://twitter.com/thatdarnsteve)

Xecute-xXx
03-07-2018, 07:22 PM
Great job guys, keep up the hard work and continue to get this game on the hot track to the big time!

QUICK EAZY QUESTION: Dwarf King Clyde - i hear nothing about him in the fixes, is he apart of it or down the road?

some_ASSl-lOLE
03-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Keep it up. The game is getting better and better.

I hope the report player feature works out for you guys. I have to be honest, the level of angry, irrational players on this forum puts Blizzard forum members to shame.

I can see the report feature being abused by players who are just angry that they're losing to stronger opponents, or to players that spam the laugh emoji. Things like that.

QotsaM
03-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Hello,

I also would like if Dwarf King Clyde is fixed, as the "no damage warcry" or "warcry canceled because of body block" is never mentionned in your bug fixes.

Also on monday you said the rewards in PvP lockers would be improved in L league and that we would soon have more informations, that left players both intrigued and excited.
It appears that none of this is detailed in this update, so will there be more communication about it ? Are we going to have it to discover it by ourselves?

Emokore
03-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Yes please fix dwarf king clyde. It is really sad to loose in legendary because his warcry doesn't proc. Then you just get a crappy stat warrior for 4. Also why is he 4 and not 3 in the first place??? His stats at 40/40 are pretty weak and the warcry is not more powerful than alien clyde or hookhand clyde.

Xecute-xXx
03-07-2018, 11:24 PM
DKC has really great stats you just gotta look at the finer details - he has one of the fastest attack speeds in the game, so his attack is actually way stronger - Lets just fix his warcry in the meantime :)

All 4 cost cards cant be spammed and have to be used in accordance situationally get max value

MikeMcGreg
03-08-2018, 02:13 AM
I'd love to hear more about fixes coming for Insta Cast bugs like HHC, Alien Clyde and Robin Tweek. This bugs are being exploited and there's no counterplay to things like that! I'd really love to hear that it is at least being worked on

Hanmann
03-08-2018, 02:21 AM
Nice to hear about the team events and looking forward to improved lockers, the season ending reward and the race to legendary pack. But on the negative side? Let's see:

- No news on how Purify and Powerbind will be made playable again. So continuing to fight an uphill battle against Sci-Fi and Adventure with my Mystical deck for who knows how long to come and without knowing if I should still invest in it in the hope that Mystical will be competitive again. Mystical has all the worst spells now. Oh no sorry, Fantasy, the other theme in my deck, has the other crapy ones. So I guess it's another month of being poisoned, mind controlled, eletrocuted and blown up by people 2 levels below me.
- I have the choice between losing a decent reward for the season ending or being forced to to stay in legendary. Rock and a hard plate anyone? Fix the Mystical nerff and give more details on the improved lockers first before you condemn people to make this choice.
- I've had a nice couple of days facing ultra-mega-mega hyperdrived assassins, Mimsys, Big Gay Als and rats. But luckily that got semi-fixed although I understand it is still more powerfull than it used to be? But Sci-Fi was in need of some buffing, so that is just super *sarcastic cough*.
- My believe that the development of this game was about earning some honest money and not trying to rip people off was shattered when I discovered that the amazing daily offers meant being able to buy a legendary for TWO THOUSAND cash, which is about €17 or $20. WHoever came up with that idea should be ashamed. If it xas 100 cash for a legendary, I might even consider it, but this is rediculous.
- More Mecha Timmys being given away. You always give that card as a live stream reward so you obviously know it's the most OP card in the game. Yet you refuse to de anything about it or even mention that you will.

When the new season starts I'll be sandbagging my way to to the bottom of the legendary ranks. Still positive about the potential of this game and hopefull for the future, but unless you love upgrading cards and South Park, I cannot recommend this game to anyone right now.

jose232353
03-08-2018, 03:18 AM
I cant even play the game change it back to 601 mb

gquental
03-08-2018, 05:07 AM
Nice to hear about the team events and looking forward to improved lockers, the season ending reward and the race to legendary pack. But on the negative side? Let's see:

- No news on how Purify and Powerbind will be made playable again. So continuing to fight an uphill battle against Sci-Fi and Adventure with my Mystical deck for who knows how long to come and without knowing if I should still invest in it in the hope that Mystical will be competitive again. Mystical has all the worst spells now. Oh no sorry, Fantasy, the other theme in my deck, has the other crapy ones. So I guess it's another month of being poisoned, mind controlled, eletrocuted and blown up by people 2 levels below me.
- I have the choice between losing a decent reward for the season ending or being forced to to stay in legendary. Rock and a hard plate anyone? Fix the Mystical nerff and give more details on the improved lockers first before you condemn people to make this choice.
- I've had a nice couple of days facing ultra-mega-mega hyperdrived assassins, Mimsys, Big Gay Als and rats. But luckily that got semi-fixed although I understand it is still more powerfull than it used to be? But Sci-Fi was in need of some buffing, so that is just super *sarcastic cough*.
- My believe that the development of this game was about earning some honest money and not trying to rip people off was shattered when I discovered that the amazing daily offers meant being able to buy a legendary for TWO THOUSAND cash, which is about Ä17 or $20. WHoever came up with that idea should be ashamed. If it xas 100 cash for a legendary, I might even consider it, but this is rediculous.

When the new season starts I'll be sandbagging my way to to the bottom of the legendary ranks. Still positive about the potential of this game and hopefull for the future, but unless you love upgrading cards and South Park, I cannot recommend this game to anyone right now.

It's funny how you whine about Purify and Powerbind being unplayable... I still have a very hard time facing mystical players. As soon as i summon Timmy, he is powerbinded for the rest of his life or electrocuted.. Right after as i cast powerbind or poison they get purified, still. Still strong and cheap cards, stop complaining. Mind control is 4 mana, against a 2 mana purify. Purify should cost at least 3 mana. And Zen Cartman, regen, wendy completes the pack. Zen Cartman is really OP for its cost. Very hard to get to the NK against mystical players. And I have 6 cards at level 5 and a level 2 maxed out Mecha Timmy.

One thing I agree: some of the daily offers are ridiculously expensive!

gquental
03-08-2018, 05:15 AM
Nathan has become worthless in comparison to Mephesto, which is much harder to kill and do more damage per second because has a much faster attack. You have to improve Nathan to make it balanced with Mephesto, since they are both neutral, rare and cost 4 mana. Time between attacks is huuuge for Nathan. Reduce it a little and things will be more balanced. And also his first attack shouldn't take so looong. If you place him to counter rats, the rats usually get to him and kill him before he launches his 1st bomb... Fix this pleease!

murphworld
03-08-2018, 05:42 AM
Nathan has become worthless in comparison to Mephesto, which is much harder to kill and do more damage per second because has a much faster attack. You have to improve Nathan to make it balanced with Mephesto, since they are both neutral, rare and cost 4 mana. Time between attacks is huuuge for Nathan. Reduce it a little and things will be more balanced. And also his first attack shouldn't take so looong. If you place him to counter rats, the rats usually get to him and kill him before he launches his 1st bomb... Fix this pleease!

Are you serious? My max level 5 Mephisto has 48 attack with a range of only 3.5. A max level 3 Nathan does 53 damage with a range of 5.5. At level 5, Nathan does double the damage of a same level Mephisto.

There is nothing broken here to fix. Either flying/short range low damage, or grounded long-range high damage. Just pick one and be happy with it.

Miranda011481
03-08-2018, 07:15 AM
So exactly what are y'all doing to fix all the cheating??? Plain and simple their energy is not going down when you can tell they were hit and they're putting three four five six characters during the PVP battles when you came and get one out what the hell is the point of playing the game when that's all you keep dealing with???? If it's not fixed then I'm going to make sure everybody knows that you guys condone cheating!! Especially when you tell us to report those people and they still keep popping up!!!!

testiclicles
03-08-2018, 09:27 AM
Hope this latest "hotfix" works cos the glitches in this game now are horrendous.

Relieved to hear you guys are testing it first, cos jeez whatever testing you did on the BFU before spewing it on us was brilliant, absolutely nailed it didn't you. Without that testing oh boy imagine how many glitches there'd be, right?

I love this game so much but you gotta get your crap together. The glitches, the cheaters. Totally amateur.

Being able to buy legendary cards is crap too, they're supposed to be really rare, now they're run of the mill you twits, totally defeated the purpose.

yuskydog
03-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Please fix Dwarf King Clyde's warcry glitch which results in zero damage quite often.
Also hope the effect of speed boost like Hyperdrive, Warboy Tweek's warcry, Astronut Butters' deathwish could be adjusted precisely back to its original condition pretty soon. The current hotfix is still too overpowered.

xypka
03-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Are you serious?!? The game gets WORSE after each update, not better. I've been playing since day 1 of the official release and it has never been as bad as it is now - there is some bug or glitch EVERY SINGLE GAME - from instant warcries and stuck/0 hp kids, to invalid match results and the worst match-making in all my gaming experience.
I'm not even going to talk about the "balance"...

gquental
03-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Are you serious? My max level 5 Mephisto has 48 attack with a range of only 3.5. A max level 3 Nathan does 53 damage with a range of 5.5. At level 5, Nathan does double the damage of a same level Mephisto.

There is nothing broken here to fix. Either flying/short range low damage, or grounded long-range high damage. Just pick one and be happy with it.

There is one stat that is not shown on cards: the attack speed or attack ratio. Mephesto's attack speed is double Nathan's speed. That means, in the same time Nathan throws one attack, Mephesto throws two attacks. That is why his damage per second is better. And he flies and has more life than Nathan, being a much much stronger card at the same cost.

rapplete
03-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Hi,

I can't help to notice that you never mention the various clyde's glitches (well known animation/attack bugs), is there any hope to see them fixed anytime soon?

Also don't you think that the Adventure and Sci-Fi themes are a bit too OP now? They have the only legendary cards that can really make a difference...

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Ciao

ml3279
03-08-2018, 04:35 PM
I just discovered the easiest way to fix the problem... deleted the game from my phone. Call me when the cheaters are gone.

So exactly what are y'all doing to fix all the cheating??? Plain and simple their energy is not going down when you can tell they were hit and they're putting three four five six characters during the PVP battles when you came and get one out what the hell is the point of playing the game when that's all you keep dealing with???? If it's not fixed then I'm going to make sure everybody knows that you guys condone cheating!! Especially when you tell us to report those people and they still keep popping up!!!!

Hi,

I can't help to notice that you never mention the various clyde's glitches (well known animation/attack bugs), is there any hope to see them fixed anytime soon?

Also don't you think that the Adventure and Sci-Fi themes are a bit too OP now? They have the only legendary cards that can really make a difference...

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Ciao

Hanmann
03-09-2018, 12:19 AM
So I decided to be forced to stay in legendary and get the best possible reward for me, hoping to get some decent cards. It really didn't work out very well.

My epics were one Sexy Nun Randy, two Hermes Kennys and THREE!!!, Pope Timmys, probably the worst and the least played card in the game. I was also blessed with 10, yes TEN, Dark Mage Craigs and 5 Mimsys.The best cards I got were 2 Angel Wendys, ony 889 cards to go for level 6, and 2 Sheriff Cartmans

Kinda regretting my decision. I'm not whining though. Just needed some place to vent my dissapointment.

ShunYashuri
03-10-2018, 09:24 PM
Change the poison spell area, since you chance Purify, now they all use poison and it's just like what happened with Purify before, it practically throws it smoothly because it can cover 3/4 or 4/5 of your half of the field without problems and with the change of energy of purify now poison is the new purify, I have little to reach legendary and I thought they would be interesting or fun strategies but as always (and in fact not as anticipate) has no skill and filled with units with poison efects

Phreakydeke27
03-13-2018, 09:48 PM
Sorry but the cheating in this game is astronomical. Just watch the YouTube videos of people cheating during matches. If the reporting is done right then if someone reports you Ubisoft should see if you are cheating or nor. I mean players who speed up their energy or or somehow have all lvl 4-5 cards but are rank 8. If Ubisoft takes this seriously then the cheating should culled back pretty much. Yes there will still be the cheater but you should face cheater after cheater. There will be players reporting players because they lost. But Ubisoft should easily be able to see if they cheated once they are reported.

PhoenixSage21
03-13-2018, 10:44 PM
You're totally right, but that just comes down to individual responsibility, although there would still most likely be a higher volume of reports from the younger players, mainly under 18 (no offense to the kids out there, I'm 24 myself, but I'm sure that even you guys get the occasional immature opponents while playing online in any game, cause I know I sure as hell did lol). Another thing that might help would be more emojis and comments to use during PvP that are different characters, since we all know how much of an as s|-|ole Cartman is (even though we all still love his big-boned cheesy poof eating butt), so most of the emojis come off just as rude as they seem. Having other character emojis though would create more avenues of communication while also adding a bit more interactivity and enjoyability to the pvp battles. The only problem with simply adding more emojis and comments is that it would require more attention from the player during the heat of a PvP battle, but this could be fixed by making the communications panel a customizable part of the game to make it easier for the player to communicate in their own way, plus there might be enough room to have maybe one to three emojis available for even quicker access in the form of smaller buttons on the left most side of the screen so that the player can still be ready to play a card immediately but can still communicate effectively. Also it would be awesome if emojis of Stan and Kyle saying the classic "you killed Kenny! You Bastard!" Catchphrase popped up (it could even pop up over them if they're on the battlefield or they could run on screen in the background) when a Kenny character is killed, plus a timer in between to keep it from stacking on itself if there's more than one Kenny on the field. It would also be cool if you could do friendly battles with people on your own team, without getting rewards from it since people would abuse the heck outta that. This way you can test out different decks or new characters in a controlled way and learn how to use them. As for the decks it would be awesome if there was a way to earn a third deck, such as increasing in rank/level or buying it with in-game currency. Sorry if I got a bit carried away with all this 😅, but thanks for the awesome game Ubisoft! As a student and mostly self taught Game Designer it's taught me a lot about the art behind designing a game. However, I think we need to setup a rehab clinic for the addicts of this game like myself, we can call it the Super Serial Coon and Friends Rehab Center where we'll refer to our addiction as our 'Kenny' and when we complete the program we're told "you've finally killed Kenny. You Bastard."

Keep it up. The game is getting better and better.

I hope the report player feature works out for you guys. I have to be honest, the level of angry, irrational players on this forum puts Blizzard forum members to shame.

I can see the report feature being abused by players who are just angry that they're losing to stronger opponents, or to players that spam the laugh emoji. Things like that.

xEthanPotato10x
03-14-2018, 06:04 AM
Ok I donít know if itís just me but I have been stuck see-sawing rank 45-46 and maybe 47 if Iím really lucky ever since they changed ranked matches to be one rank between you, this system simply doesnít work, because how can you expect to surpass your foes if they are all the same skill? You canít ive tried I win some and lose some because where Iím at thereís people who also got stuck so close to legendary and have all level 5 cards and I have level 4 cards and get completely smacked you need to let people challenge themselves by going up against higher ranks and by letting higher ranks get a break because from what I can tell is that going up against people the same skill as you and surpassing them is legendary and Iím one arena before it and not in legendary, I hope you can take this into consideration. And also try and fix DKC his warcry doesnít work 30% of the time and that is the whole reason to use him so yeah I really enjoy your game and have played it ever since it came out but Iím not really hooked into it, seeing as the PVP always demotivates me and makes me not want to play it even though Iíve spent a good amount of money on the game, thank you for your time and I do love your game

professorb1
03-14-2018, 06:42 AM
I have to agree. Poison + Mind Control. Itís not that I always get beaten with those, because I donít. Theyíre just so boring.