PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry Arcade Dramatically Expands Far Cry 5's Map Editor

UbiDomZ
03-06-2018, 05:17 PM
https://i.imgur.com/h0qzJkT.jpg

Far Cry Arcade is Far Cry 5's map editor mode (https://far-cry.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-319840-16/far-cry-5s-map-editor), and it's bigger, more versatile, and more packed with content than it's been at any point in the series' past!

https://youtu.be/bSs91a7ur54

Far Cry 5 will be released on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on March 27th.

Johnny2Fingerz
03-15-2018, 04:53 AM
Here is a sentiment that was shared on Facebook recently, and it's something that concerns me.

"Hopefully my fears are misguided, but I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about this game. I think the editor will be fantastic - one of the best we've ever seen so far on consoles. But all that will be for naught if they make it a pain in the *** to share and play maps. Yes, I know that private matches are an option, but IMHO the password system is going to be a huge pain in the ***. I've NEVER seen a game that requires password access to play on a private match. Usually you just send invites. And I know that technically, you can get your maps played on a public match, but that's purely random chance, and relies on a lobby that isn't full of ****ing idiots who just want to play stock maps or 'EASY KILL LULZ' maps.

Why, why, WHY, can't we just have the same system we had on FC2? If it ain't broken..."
-Tim Brown

D4N_GR
03-17-2018, 05:26 PM
Tim I agree with you, I am sure this password system could be bypassed, if they find out it's distracting the game, and people complains, they will address a fix for it. I believe a simple invite system is just as bad as uncreative idea. Your right about that FC2 type of custom game browser is the only way, that matchmaking could be simple and fun.
What I did not like in FC2 that once a lobby was full, it became invisible till some left the game. I also would miss map rotation. Hopefully they will think about it how important a smooth and logical easy to use UI and lobby system, because these are the core foundations of the game. What would be the point to make this awesome editor if the lobby system would not let us host or join a player match easily.

Imaganos
03-21-2018, 12:24 AM
But remember with FC2 you had to remember or announce the next map in rotation? hopefully this will allow group of people to stay in a group through the rotation of the maps without being scattered after each map. or at least i hope it will work like this,

fyfofam
03-29-2018, 06:04 PM
I love farcry 5 is so god.

sooiioos
04-05-2018, 07:27 AM
Awesome gooood game

justathang
04-17-2018, 04:15 AM
Please, please, please allow "private lobby" to select maps, allow a host to select maps to be played.....(FC2 lobby was awesome) too little time and make "favorites" easy to access.....If others want to play random maps they can play in the other lobby.

Insane44
04-18-2018, 06:59 AM
I have one major concern about arcade mode at the moment. It seams that with the release of the latest patch all user-created maps not featured by ubisoft will not be cycled through at random anymore. As a community map maker it is insanely frustrating to have spent as much time in the editor as I have making maps for the community to play and enjoy only to find out user-created maps no longer cycle through to be seen and played by all. It gives me no real reason to keep making maps honestly. I am really digging this game and would love to see the right changes made to preserve the longevity of this awesome game.

One last thing. How would I go about submitting my maps to be featured? I would love to submit a few maps.

PsicosisNIC
05-24-2018, 10:11 PM
it will be great if Validation tool send you a message on what is wrong on the map (more than a message point at the object that is incorrectly placed on the map)

i was creating my MAP and had almost 80% memory complete on it.... when i hit validation it was saying that some guns were missplaced BUT no sign (!) which were the ones affecting validation. bottom line from 80% has to Undo several times and try validation... i got to the point of reaching 65% memory completion of the map until i found the error (by validating map). it was really frustrating i just ended up canceling the map.

If there is an option that tells you if someting on the map is not in proper place PLEASE SHARE, cause this realy sucks.
it will be great if they add a Sign or Symbol in yellow or red that tells you that the object, weapon, car, whatever you putting is not well setup.

Thanks.

IDF777
05-25-2018, 09:54 AM
FC5 Arcade is teaht after last pach, its takes month and no players.

Sherbud73
05-30-2018, 04:26 AM
When you go into your validation and it shows what is incorrect(red with an X) select it and hit A or X, depending on what console you're on, and it will bring you right to the item. You may have to zoom in closer, but it's that easy. Your guns are probably having clipping problems and are partly in the ground or a floor.

defCOBRA
06-03-2018, 07:09 AM
Ima try to be quick. These are a few of my concerns and complaints about the biggest problems I think are plaguing the map editor and the arcade. One of my biggest complaints is that whenever you publish a map, a lot of the items that are used for ground decals or clutter like rocks or tire track marks or anything that has to do with altering the shape of the landscape seems to glitch out and not show up correctly. I like to make maps with a lot of detail and the ground clutter items are a good way to add that detail. And whenever I place the ground decals like the rocks and tire tracks and mud, it looks correct in the editor, it looks really good. But whenever it's published, it Blends in with the ground and it just makes the ground textures look bumpy like there is something there, but it doesn't look like rocks or tire tracks or mud... It just looks like bumpy textures. It's things like that that really make the editor really frustrating. That's just one example of many different bugs and glitches I have found after publishing a map. Another huge thing that I found that breaks some of my map designs is the hole tool not working correctly... It works fine whenever I'm editing the map and whenever I'm playing the map in the editor and exploring the map. Whenever I put a hole in the ground you can see right through the hole. But whenever the map is published for other players to play, it still looks like the ground is there but you can still go through it as if it wasn't there... so I had to cover up a bunker door with a bunch of stuff that didn't really need to be there... Because I had built my door around close to the side of a mountain and I used the hole tool on the side of the mountain to be able to go through it. But players might get confused as to why I had to cover up the ground. Anyways, my point is I wish the maps were more like the edited version that put we so much and time into... We put a lot of time and effort into these Maps and whenever the publish map doesn't look like what we worked on, that's a very discouraging and frustrating... the map should look near exactly the way we edited to look like. Also there really needs to be a lot of maps deleted that are copies of other Maps. I'm talking about people who download other people's maps, especially popular Maps, and repost them as their own... A lot of really good maps are getting buried under garbage maps and also maps that are just copies of someone else's maps that hasn't been altered or changed in any way... There is no reason any of these Maps should be on the arcade. There should just be one version of one map only.. if a person wants to download a map and publish it again, they should work on it and make it at least different enough in many different ways 2 be called their own... and also it shouldn't have the same map name as the original... These things make it really difficult for talented creators to get recognized and for their maps to get played by other people.. there really needs to be a lot of management done in handling bad maps and good maps. I don't think it should be that hard really. If I were on the community management team I would just take one day and go through some of the top rated lists about at least 50 to a hundred pages in and delete or request changes on garbage Maps before they can be published again... Or at least knock their star rating down to one or two.. Because I see a lot of garbage maps with four stars and there is absolutely no reason any of these Maps should have four star ratings. There's soooooo many good ones that need to be higher in the star rating list, but they get totally buried under garbage.

RobertEmerald
07-06-2018, 01:01 AM
LMAO... The map editor is so small, that it's a waste of my time. Make it 100 larger and then I'll consider it a good map editor.

RUDEBOY--MOBSTA
09-02-2018, 04:31 AM
LMAO... The map editor is so small, that it's a waste of my time. Make it 100 larger and then I'll consider it a good map editor.

Should consider Battlefield then, you can walk for 5mins and not find anyone. Yeah thats loads of fun... lsn't there a dead horse that needs flogging somewhere? Also its a waste of your time, but posting about how it sucks is time well spent or something? I dont get it. We only have 2 gamemodes, no sharks, no teleporters in DM, no way to shoot while swinging from ropes. But the size of maps? Meh. Feels large but enough to still run on consoles and low-end pcs.

RobertEmerald
09-02-2018, 07:43 AM
Should consider Battlefield then, you can walk for 5mins and not find anyone. Yeah thats loads of fun... lsn't there a dead horse that needs flogging somewhere? Also its a waste of your time, but posting about how it sucks is time well spent or something? I dont get it. We only have 2 gamemodes, no sharks, no teleporters in DM, no way to shoot while swinging from ropes. But the size of maps? Meh. Feels large but enough to still run on consoles and low-end pcs.

Blame those large areas of emptiness on the lazy map makers, not on the maps. You play your way on your low end computer, as I will play my way on my high end customized gaming computer. Thanks for wasting your time and mine with your worthless post. :rolleyes:

MinDistortion1
09-15-2018, 11:59 PM
what about the new update an what is related to map editing when limit budget simce lower. And I even have some of my publiched maps they have been altered, missing half loadouts, pick up weapons. Some maps can't even use tool terrain anymore. This is a very desapoiting update, what's the point of adding new assets if they bug like the ai spawner does not work properly, can't make any assembling between some elements anymore.

FOR WHEN NEW UPDATE TO FIX THAT
before the game lose 2/3 of there players .and no more ppl will want to make maps .
don't limit our creativity ,there is so mush potential for the futur on the map editing concept . and lots of very cretive ppl .

coopalot
03-21-2019, 10:40 AM
Played some amazing maps so far, tons of fun in co-op. Hope to see the feature return in a future Far Cry.