PDA

View Full Version : some insight please

b_bong12
12-08-2008, 01:24 AM
hi guys.
right to the questions
1)i noticed after reseting the difficulty level, that the arrows that show the bandit when out of sight and the distance indicator shown on top of the bandits plane have gone.I dont know why.i also remember experimenting with some key combos.maybe i reset something.How can i bring back this setting??
2) Ive noticed that there are more aircraft but cannot find them so i can fly. Are those planes chosen only on online games??
Thanks for your time

b_bong12
12-08-2008, 01:24 AM
hi guys.
right to the questions
1)i noticed after reseting the difficulty level, that the arrows that show the bandit when out of sight and the distance indicator shown on top of the bandits plane have gone.I dont know why.i also remember experimenting with some key combos.maybe i reset something.How can i bring back this setting??
2) Ive noticed that there are more aircraft but cannot find them so i can fly. Are those planes chosen only on online games??
Thanks for your time

gorkyporky
12-08-2008, 07:49 AM
flying with those arrows is complete crap if you ask me. Even flying in open pits is completely missing the point of this sim. So, i dont know how ti brung that back, but be glad you got rid of it.

For the planes: you have somewhere around 200 planes available to fly. The others are only being used by the AI or as static objects on the ground. Mods can get you additional aircraft, but opinion on them is different from person to person. Some servers allow mods, others dont. Its your choice really.

Swivet
12-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Hey Bong,
1st post i see..lol.....Welcome to the forums and IL2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I once heard this feature was eliminated in one of the patches..The ability to also see your bombing target by the game placing a round circle and arrow to the ground or at enemy ground targets. If your flying online, alot of host servers have disabled that for realism or it doesn't exist anymore. Maybe you checked "No Icons" and "No Padlock" when you reset your difficulty settings. "Aircraft labels" is another thing, i believe your talking about? If your flying online, then the host might have those turned off or reduced to a few meters as well.
Yes there are more aircraft, and you could possibly fly all of them, but that is a "mod" that allows this, google it and you will see http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Try setting up a Quick Mission and try the different selection of planes....I am assuming your patched up to version 4.09m with IL2 1946?.

b2spirita
12-08-2008, 09:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gorkyporky:
flying with those arrows is complete crap if you ask me. Even flying in open pits is completely missing the point of this sim. So, i dont know how ti brung that back, but be glad you got rid of it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the end of the day, thats all your opinion. If he wants to fly with indicators on or in WW view then let him. The point of the sim is to entertain (its a game, nothing more)and it has been scaled accordingly.

b_bong12
12-08-2008, 10:08 AM
thanks for the replies.
I havent upgraded the 1946 with any patches yet.
I'll do that first.Then search for mods.
Thanks guys.

triggers down

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-08-2008, 01:14 PM
You may have turned the icons off, in the controls there is one labeled toggle icons, with this you can cycle through various levels of icon detail including off. This is the only thing that affects the arrows in no cockpit view.

FI_Sacktime
12-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Ooh b_bong12
once you patch and get into mods you'll be crazy like the rest of us, well crazy in a good way.