PDA

View Full Version : Does "Attack my target" AI command ever work?

Haigotron
04-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Well the title pretty much sums it, does that command work? I've tried it numerous times against enemy fighters, bombers...I haven't tried it with stationary targets.

Has anyone successfully used this command?

Haigotron
04-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Well the title pretty much sums it, does that command work? I've tried it numerous times against enemy fighters, bombers...I haven't tried it with stationary targets.

Has anyone successfully used this command?

elephant_il2
04-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Yes, but you have to padlock the target first to "show" it to the AI. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

tagTaken2
04-05-2007, 01:23 AM
I can't stop the AI from attacking my targets. Even when the target is spiralling down in flames. They're so damned keen they'll shoot through me to hit my targets. What this game needs is a "GO. AWAY." command that works.

[/rant]

leitmotiv
04-05-2007, 02:44 AM
I find it works fine if I get my bombers in a tight line behind me and key the command just as I tip over to attack a bridge---the aircraft behind me blow the bridge to pieces. I use this with Do 335 bombers.

stalkervision
04-05-2007, 05:46 AM
Yes the command works. As soon as you are about to shoot down that plane! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Chris0382
04-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Actually I need a command "dont attack my target" as many time I send a plane crashing to the earth only to have my guys go out of their way to shoot him just before hitting the ground.

WWSensei
04-05-2007, 11:54 AM
As stated Attack My Target works if the following conditions are true:

1) You have padlocked the target. In fact, it is the best way to guide fighter bombers in attacking specific ground targets. Offline, I use this A LOT.

2) The AI has ordinance to perform the action. If they are out of ammo they will respond to the positive but will not attack.

3) They are undamaged. If they have sustained damage and are RTB'ing, they will reply that they are attacking but will not actually come back.

To get AI to break away from attacking your target the following must be true:

1) You are the flight lead
2) You issue a FLIGHT command to break, followed by a FLIGHT->Tactical->Rejoin

Sometimes a wingman will break by issuing a "Cover Me" command with the enemy in front of your 3-9 line.

Haigotron
04-05-2007, 01:09 PM
I see - I usually play with padlock off, i assumed, if I was shooting at a target, and ran out of ammo, and gave this command, the AI would assume that said target should be attacked.

Thanks for the clarification!

Bearcat99
04-05-2007, 02:40 PM
I find that often all I have to do is attack a target.... and the AI will abandon all else... in http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif cluding the one riddling my plane with cannon shells... just so they can attack my target.

major_setback
04-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm unsure, but I've observed this:
I want the AI wingman to go off and play with another plane so he wont shoulder shoot past me or try and steal my ill. So I padlock a distant plane and send him off to play using that command, but as soon as I unpadlock that target my wingman thinks I now mean the taget I'm chasing.
I wish the command would make him stick with that same target.