PDA

View Full Version : FYI: your hard earned steel that you spent on effect spams was pointless...

pure_energist
03-03-2018, 12:21 AM
To Me AND anyone else that toggled effects off in the Settings Menu. I've spent some time away and recently jumped back into For Honor after playing Beta through season 2 daily. The first thing I noticed was the asinine amount of effects now on display. This became very annoying and especially during group fights where I'm trying to pay attention to Indicators yet I'm seeing flashing everything everywhere. Luckily Ubisoft knew how off putting these effects would be to players and provided a simple toggle in the settings menu to take them off. Didn't stop there either; took everything to minimal setttings; NOW I'm really enjoying the game screen again. The less on screen the easier it is to read opponents. So this is a friendly, Did you KNOW? thread for anyone else out there that is hating the amount of effects and wasn't aware it could be ignored. So Please.. Spend that 15k on that mask...taunt me all you want....ignorance is bliss!

BTTrinity
03-03-2018, 12:40 AM
To Me AND anyone else that toggled effects off in the Settings Menu. I've spent some time away and recently jumped back into For Honor after playing Beta through season 2 daily. The first thing I noticed was the asinine amount of effects now on display. This became very annoying and especially during group fights where I'm trying to pay attention to Indicators yet I'm seeing flashing everything everywhere. Luckily Ubisoft knew how off putting these effects would be to players and provided a simple toggle in the settings menu to take them off. Didn't stop there either; took everything to minimal setttings; NOW I'm really enjoying the game screen again. The less on screen the easier it is to read opponents. So this is a friendly, Did you KNOW? thread for anyone else out there that is hating the amount of effects and wasn't aware it could be ignored. So Please.. Spend that 15k on that mask...taunt me all you want....ignorance is bliss!

Lul I spend 15-20K for the outfit, not the effect :P I also turn effects off, but still get to love my badazz looking Nobushi.

SangLong524
03-03-2018, 12:46 AM
i didnt know that. Still, it's a vanity thing. it's more about oneself, not everyone goes out to spam effect to dazzle/taunt/whatever other players. i like them 'cause they look nice on character. that's all.

swiss_soldier_1
03-03-2018, 12:57 AM

been playing like this since ever, minimal settings too. but i still think there is too much in the screen. let us hide everything we want!!!

SlashingElbow
03-03-2018, 01:03 AM
Lol some ppl..who cares? I love all my effects and emotes. Keep crying and feel elite with your settings turned off lmao

Alustar.exe
03-03-2018, 01:11 AM
Just because you can't see my rainbow doesn't mean I didn't throw it!

CandleInTheDark
03-03-2018, 01:14 AM
You're kind of assuming it is all about you here. I don't have effects to affect the enemy, other than idle on my assassins (makes stealth feats redundant) I have them because I like them, it is my eye candy, not yours.

Feel free to turn them off but don't be thinking it means you've got one over on anyone or that everyone finds them an annoyance as you do.

pure_energist
03-03-2018, 01:17 AM
Enjoy your new clothes Emperor!!

pure_energist
03-03-2018, 01:22 AM
You're kind of assuming it is all about you here. I don't have effects to affect the enemy, other than idle on my assassins (makes stealth feats redundant) I have them because I like them, it is my eye candy, not yours.

Feel free to turn them off but don't be thinking it means you've got one over on anyone or that everyone finds them an annoyance as you do.

I assume that players like showing off the flashy effects yes; I also wanted to inform those players that if their intention is to show off with those flashy effects then think twice before purchasing the items. I also assume not everyone has looked through the settings menu and known all its capabilities. If you enjoy your effect knowing how cool it looks may not be getting shared in game then you made a good purchase. If you wanted to taunt and show off then your purchase was pointless.

pure_energist
03-03-2018, 01:30 AM
I actually use to enjoy the effects because they used to be minimal and added a little fun; NOW they are getting obnoxious with FIREWORKS! and lengthy animations. I know its a preference and my goal for this post wasn't soo much to offend anyone that loves the effects but to INFORM players that may not have been aware its toggle option in the settings. You can even toggle it so you ONLY see your effects and no one elses.. so enjoy what you will;My preference is to play the game while still imagining I'm playing with warriors and not Cartoon Characters.

High-Horse
03-03-2018, 01:39 AM
This thread is going places

Illyrian_King
03-03-2018, 01:48 AM
I would like to see all these flashy effects being removed on feats and also glowing weapons in every colour of the rainbow even for stuff like indicating a chain (like I didn't know I am in a chain after +1 year ;b )

pure_energist
03-03-2018, 02:10 AM
I would like to see all these flashy effects being removed on feats and also glowing weapons in every colour of the rainbow even for stuff like indicating a chain (like I didn't know I am in a chain after +1 year ;b )

Some visualizations are needed to inform how to react; how intense and animated those visualizations need to be is a different story. We need visual cues on unshockable attacks. There are always new players and the developers probably want to be able to provide something onscreen that tells that person why they lost that exchange and how the warlord is now chopping off their head when they started their swing first. Knowing when a player is powered up by a feat is also important because we need to know how dangerous they potentially are now and if we should drag out the fight letting the feat expire first. My post was mostly to inform people they can do away with the non essential video noise; A Flashy sword isn't that distracting. A Flaming weapon is a bit much when a red flash would be just as effective; and as for power ups they could be less intense if we wanted to have a game with realism as a focus. Realism though hasn't been a focus for a while; especially when the effects storms started showing up and the ridiculous sport emotes. So for those of us that want to cut down on the silly side of the game there are toggles, and I appreciate Ubisoft for making it an option knowing there would be preferences.