PDA

View Full Version : Why is warlord considered weak?

swiss_soldier_1
03-03-2018, 12:07 AM
I know he was maybe the strongest hero once, then they nerfed him. But I find him to be still good.

Why many of you put him with the weak guys/rework-needed heroes? Because he has no special move that guarantees damage and that its not 100% safe? Like how every other hero should be...

In my opinion warlord right now is how everybody else should be (maybe with some more combos...). Moves to open up an enemy, no unblockables, counter moves and stil got options.

S0Mi_xD
03-03-2018, 12:12 AM
Because people tend to exaggerate about every little thing.

Also, people give to much value to those tier lists in reddit.

Devils-_-legacy
03-03-2018, 12:13 AM
All of the heros that were part of the original cast were miles behind the last round of dlc heros so they said they will rework the original roster he's not terrible just needs a improvement on his kit imo

pure_energist
03-03-2018, 01:56 AM
Warlord has some advantages now that other characters lost with the Parry change. He has a terrific a parry stamina/stun attack punish that often opens people up for a guard break. His ability to ledge or carry to walls and get a heavier hitting heavy in almost any setting also gives him advantages other don't have. His headbutt can interrupt most attacks. War Lord may not have tons of tricks but he has a very effective few.

Thorstein31
03-03-2018, 02:29 AM
His passive feats were nerfed to the ground, while other were kept as they were, The devs should have balanced all the feats at the same time, instead they destroyed WL first 2 passives placing a 3 second cooldown, on a gank scenario with all the unblockables and cc moves around you won’t be able to recharge that.
On the other hand poison blades feat are at full power, and they can trigger it more than 2 times in a round. Lawbringer can be loaded up with 3 bombs, well I won’t even talk about the catapult.
He need more combos, more feint options and the cooldown on his passives should be removed ASAP.

BarbeQMichael
03-03-2018, 06:31 AM
Warlord isn't exactly weak, he is pretty solid, yet nothing to write home about. Low damage output and no mixup/combos makes him boring and easy to counter, however his HA works nicely if the opponent forgets it and isn't trading heavies. His headbutt on the other hand is hard to dodge on reaction but it only gives a light, but if you dodge you get a free gb so most heroes can punish him harder.

XJadeDragoonX
03-03-2018, 06:55 AM
I'd say he's decent. He's ok at everything but great at nothing. Decent damage. Decent cc. Nothing to really boast about. His superior block is pretty ****ty. Especially compared to the new conq. But he can get just about anything done given enough time. He could use some love. Not really sure what would make him great though tbh. His kit is pretty limited.

Tyrjo
03-03-2018, 08:55 AM
He is weak because he got nerfed on several occasions, while many other heroes have been buffed. He's definitely not Valkyrie or Shugoki bad though, just very lackluster and can't really output any damage. Even though you read your opponent like an open book.

His chains are predicable, so you can't really use them. If he had a light, light and heavy, heavy things would be different. In the last nerf patch, the devs said they want to make him a counter attacker, sure I can buy that, but at least give him something more in that department.

Compare him to Conqueror, who in essence play quite similar, it's like Conqueror is from another game.

KotoKuraken
03-03-2018, 08:57 AM
Warlord is strong, but only if you know how to use his countering tools (superior lights, hyper armor heavies, full block counters, shield bash on parry). Whip some skill and understanding your opponent's moveset just a little bit will give you quite the edge in battle

Knight_Raime
03-03-2018, 11:41 PM
he's not. and is still considered A tier in duels. he used to be S tier but that hasn't been a thing in awhile.