PDA

View Full Version : Purify nerf too much

solthought
02-27-2018, 04:36 AM
I gave it a week or so before jumping to conclusions, but still feel like you went too far with the purify nerf (no matter how firmly you stand behind it). I can see the argument about it being too much of a counter to certain deck strategies, but with the changes to purify and power bind I feel like trick combos have become the norm. One, this makes me feel like winning or losing is even more dependent on the randomness of which cards you start with. Two, it takes a lot of the risk out of people starting with trick combos because even if you have the cards to counter them your likely only able to do so at an energy loss. I think you should have found a middle ground of either increasing the cost or decreasing the coverage, not both. At the very least, it would have been prudent to change one aspect and then see how it played out before deciding to change the second aspect. And, of course, with any nerf, but this one especially, itís frustrating that all the time and energy that went into upgrading it was a waste. Like Transmogrify, purify is now a card that makes no sense to put any coins into. Thanks for reading!

DopeyRunner18
03-01-2018, 06:34 PM
I think the static aoe for purify if too much. I'm fine with 1 at level 1, but the aoe should increase when you level the card.

Hanmann
03-01-2018, 07:14 PM
This was my suggestion for purify

Purify
- 2 energy cost
- Number of targets increases with level
- Range 3.2 (or something like that)
- Only negative effects of your own characters get removed, so no Kyle buffs on your opponents characters
- Basically, this means keeping the last nerf with the exception of the range, so it becomes usefull again to upgrade and is a viable counter for Poison and Alien Queen Red
- Some will say it's not fair that Purify costs 1 energy less than Poison while completely canceling it, but I don't think that is true. Even if you play Purify immediately after seeing Poison hit you, due to the fact that you lose some time to drag it into place and releasing it and the time the animation takes, at least 2 or 3 seconds will have passed and some damage will be dealt to your characters. Enough damage to kill your rats for example.