PDA

View Full Version : When can we expect new armor?

Tirik22x
02-26-2018, 08:13 PM
This stuff is getting a little old and redundant af...

Season 5 and the gear looks generally the same as day 1.

Any word/rumors about when they will add or redo some gear?

Sipius
02-26-2018, 08:16 PM
I think they will never do it.. they promised new skins for season 4 .. they did not deliver it..

Tirik22x
02-26-2018, 08:21 PM
I think they will never do it.. they promised new skins for season 4 .. they did not deliver it..

Kinda sucks... in games, I enjoy customizing my character as much as I enjoy playing the game.

RenegadeRasta
02-26-2018, 08:34 PM
They will never rehash Orochi's really, really cool armor.

The_B0G_
02-26-2018, 08:35 PM
I would like to see something very unique for all the new armors, hopefully some different shoulder armor for Kensei especially... Not pieces of plywood lol

Maybe middle eastern styled armor for warden.

More armoured versions for Nobushi, Aramusha, Raider, Berserker.

A more Knight faction styled armor set for highlander, maybe a breast plate with chainmail, a steel helmet. Seeing as he is kind of in between viking and knight faction.

I'd just mostly like something completely fresh and new for all classes.

TSCDescon
02-26-2018, 11:38 PM
New?

Oh, you mean more spikes?

RenegadeRasta
02-27-2018, 03:58 AM
MMA gear for the Berserker please k thx

Tirik22x
02-27-2018, 06:14 AM
New?

Oh, you mean more spikes?

Moar spykz.

SpaceJim12
02-27-2018, 12:37 PM
All new things we see this year were made before game relised. All new heroes, weapon, maybe even events stuff.
I think for now they just stopped to add anything real for this game. Cause, let's be honest there are no any real reason why we didn't see two new maps in season five. Devs said "we want to balance our game, so no new chars". Ok, it's fine. But where is maps? Where is something that will be not recycled thing from already exictent game materials?
I think we'll never see them, cause nobody works on this game for real after relise.

Sipius
02-27-2018, 02:48 PM
I believe season 5 will be the pin point of this game From here we will see if the game will develop or will be put on stand by.Like someone said above, there is nothing left on their sleeve ,they re used all they had( almost of it)maybe some maps they can use from the campaign.. or anything related.If next season will be just 3 heroes re works and 3 minor..and nothing else.. well I guess we know where we stay.

Veerdin-Wraith
02-27-2018, 06:58 PM
From what I gathered during some recent livestreams, they hinted that we'll get new armour models in Season 6, and that the only reason we didn't in Season 5 is because all their focus is on the balancing this time around. Which is fair enough, because balancing is something this game needs badly.

They did basically confirm we'll be getting more heroes this year, though. I'm personally hoping for a Knight class that is actually a knight, perhaps somebody with a greatsword and full-armour? Or a rapier-wielding duellist style class. But I'd also kill for some new armour styles - and I mean new armour, not the same models we have now but with extra edges and dumb spikes/gold bits all over them. On that note, I hope they cut down on all the spikes/edges/gold stuff. It detracts from the overall appearance of practical, functional armour.

They will never rehash Orochi's really, really cool armor.

Is there a source on this? I miss the design of the Oni armour, and the fact they keep using it in promotional images feels like they're just teasing us.

bob333e
02-27-2018, 07:02 PM
Is there a source on this? I miss the design of the Oni armour, and the fact they keep using it in promotional images feels like they're just teasing us.

I think it's this one, footage starts at 3:09, this was the 2015 E3 gameplay showcase (pre-alpha).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp3NKQlJPuo

Veerdin-Wraith
02-27-2018, 07:12 PM
I think it's this one, footage starts at 3:09, this was the 2015 E3 gameplay showcase (pre-alpha).

Oh, I should have clarified: I've seen the armour (IIRC it gets called the "Oni" armour seeing as that's what Orochi/Kensei used to be called before they split the class) and I think it looks rad as hell. From what I can tell from the early footage, the old Oni class used the same base model and animations as the current Orochi, so I don't think it'd be so far-fetched for them to bring the armour back for Orochi. My question was in regards to the whole "They'll never, ever bring it back" statement, which I can't remember from anywhere.

bob333e
02-27-2018, 07:23 PM
Oh, I should have clarified: I've seen the armour (IIRC it gets called the "Oni" armour seeing as that's what Orochi/Kensei used to be called before they split the class) and I think it looks rad as hell. From what I can tell from the early footage, the old Oni class used the same base model and animations as the current Orochi, so I don't think it'd be so far-fetched for them to bring the armour back for Orochi. My question was in regards to the whole "They'll never, ever bring it back" statement, which I can't remember from anywhere.

Ah, apologies, thought you had missed the 2015 footage. Yeah something was mentioned here by UbiJurassic:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1830205-Ubijurrasic!-Where-are-youuuuuuu!?

They did basically confirm we'll be getting more heroes this year, though. I'm personally hoping for a Knight class that is actually a knight, perhaps somebody with a greatsword and full-armour? Or a rapier-wielding duellist style class.

Incoming eye candy:

https://pm1.narvii.com/6597/5a370d9844656e11e99db5530a59ead76ea50b01_hq.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/21/dd/23/21dd2388a9247421172cc5e63e77d603.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/56/7b/f5/567bf598387fd2981555a6dd3647a459.jpg

Veerdin-Wraith
02-27-2018, 07:34 PM
Ah, apologies, thought you had missed the 2015 footage. Yeah something was mentioned here by UbiJurassic:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1830205-Ubijurrasic!-Where-are-youuuuuuu!?highlight=ubijurassic

Incoming eye candy:

-snip-

Thanks for the link! It seems they're at least considering including it at some point, which is hopeful. Personally, I love the way it looks so I'd be hyped as hell to see it included in Season 6 or 7. Especially seeing as it already exists as in-game compatible assets. Would love more armour for all the classes, though. I normally play Knights (or at least, I did until I discovered how fun Shinobi is, whoops...)

Also, I have all the art from those first two images (they're drawn by Max Yenin if you haven't seen the others) saved to my computer, haha! I love them, and I think something like this might make for a cool class:

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/006/230/992/large/max-yenin-6knight.jpg?1496959944

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/006/230/994/large/max-yenin-4knight.jpg?1496959957

Something with full armour that's sleeker and lighter than Lawbringer's massive tournament plate, and a nice closed helmet - armets and bellows-faced helmets and stuff. Paired with a giant zweihander or montante, a real "kight" style class. Possibly with a name like the "Dreadnaught" or the "Landschneckt". A kind of Vanguard/Heavy Hybrid with a lot of wide, arcing attacks and area-controlling moves.

bob333e
02-27-2018, 07:40 PM
<snip>

You're most welcome! ahaha not surprised, Max's pieces really nail it, I absolutely love them as well, and seeing as we're both fans of all things Knights, as well as being both Knight-based classes in Dark Souls (can tell from your profile pic), we're bound to stumble upon Max Yenin.

I absolutely love these two, and especially the second one. Also, these plumes are on point. Real knightly plumes. Not the ornament thingy we got for season 5 for Warden (seriously, that looks Roman / Greek, nowhere like a medieval knight plume).

I'm a diehard fan of the zweihander and it's what I mostly used in Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, and Dark Souls 3. If this second picture ever happens, I think he'll be my new main.

Hormly
02-27-2018, 07:44 PM
My goal is to one day have armor comprised entirely out of spikes.

Pwent style

UbiJurassic
02-27-2018, 08:28 PM
We haven't made an announcement about the addition of new armors yet at this time. We'll likely see more added to the game and should we receive a release date for them being potentially added, we'll let players know!

SpaceJim12
02-27-2018, 09:05 PM
only reason we didn't in Season 5 is because all their focus is on the balancing this time around. Which is fair enough, because balancing is something this game needs badly.

Wrong!
First reason - designers, 3D modelers and painters have nothing in common with rework and balance. It's job for game designers, who work with game mecanics. Even programming barely involve in this process, cause they just change some timeing for attacks and use old animations with unblockable effect.
Second - balance of three chars and one good idea in parry mecanics? That is a big work that game needs badly? So what they do all year, if all new content were made during game development long time ago? Makeing cool trailers with promises?

bob333e
02-27-2018, 09:24 PM
Wrong!
First reason - designers, 3D modelers and painters have nothing in common with rework and balance. It's job for game designers, who work with game mecanics. Even programming barely involve in this process, cause they just change some timeing for attacks and use old animations with unblockable effect.
Second - balance of three chars and one good idea in parry mecanics? That is a big work that game needs badly? So what they do all year, if all new content were made during game development long time ago? Makeing cool trailers with promises?

You have a point. However, let's also consider the event weapons we've been given (weapons, not armors). The Frost Wind and Apollyon Legacy weapons, as well as the season 4 and season 5 weapons (non-event specific), albeit some of which were total recycles, were in general quasi-new models but with completely new textures. They've been, in fact, producing new content.

I can't bring myself to think, the salt emote and the rainbow effect were done in 2016. I think these were completed following a flood of community requests (and Reddit is to blame).

Similarly, the mechanics with which Shaman and Aramusha (the S4 heroes) were developed and built, feel different from most of the rest of the heroes. This does suggest these two were newer models, done post-launch at the very least.

They have been producing content, unfortunately for reasons I fail to understand, they're not focusing on armor designs, nor instructing their designers/modelers/3D artists to produce new sets. Instead, they're instructed to recycle and add spikes.

I could tend to think, it would be either of time constraints (they're possibly already working on new heroes for all I know, including armors and weapons and stuff), or budget constraints (unlikely seeing as Ubisoft is a giant company but you never know), or RNG pool population constraints (they might have foreseen that the RNG pool is already reaching its limit).

We've not been given definitive details so let's not conclude anything. Still, you are right, we're all fed up with all this recycling.

The_B0G_
02-27-2018, 09:46 PM
I think having a Knight with a great sword would look too similar to Warden, and play too similar to Highlander, wouldn't you guys rather have something a little different?

A rapier class wouldn't be too bad, Swashbuckler or something. Flintlock pistol feat, rapier or sabre with dagger duel wield. Armor him like a conquistador, breast plate and light armor, pirate style hat.

Dry.Fish
02-27-2018, 10:07 PM
A Warlord type heavy knight with a double bladed battle axe and maybe a shield.

The_B0G_
02-27-2018, 10:18 PM
A Warlord type heavy knight with a double bladed battle axe and maybe a shield.

That would be cool, maybe even a warhammer. If they could make him different enough from the other shield heroes I'd be down for that. Maybe make him less defensive and uses his shield in with his combos more, an aggressive sword and board style fighter.

If he had an axe or warhammer you could even make him into a turtle crusher, breaks through superior blocks and heavily staggers if blocked and not parried on combo finishers.

Herbstlicht
02-27-2018, 10:34 PM
Hmm, what the future may hold. Ah well, I dunno, but I honestly believe they are going to deliver some new content to the game. In fact, the devs did talk to us about possible new heroes or at least joined in some discussions that would make us believe they would be designing some more. Besides, it does seem Ubi expects to support this game at least for another year and it at least seemed to be financially succesful. So .. as a big game company that surely wants the players trust for this as well as for possible future endevours, I can't bring myself to believe they will only do some recycling.
I mean it's not that I would be caring too much at all. They did not bring out a new Season Pass, so surely, Year 2 won't be as packed as Year one. But though I still occasionally enjoy my time with the game and it kinda sits in a rather good spot with me, I no longer spend the time with it I did months ago.

Hormly
02-28-2018, 06:35 AM
"New" armour by year 3

http://i65.tinypic.com/2ewil8l.jpg

Spikes.....Spikes everywhere

Tirik22x
02-28-2018, 10:40 PM
Yea... the spikes gotta stop.

Like, we get it, you think spikes are cool. Thatís great. Do something different.

XJadeDragoonX
02-28-2018, 10:47 PM
The real problem is that there has never even been new armor. It's all the same armor we started with in season 1 with spikes. I'm cool with spikes. But on New styles of armor