PDA

View Full Version : How exactly does ranked work?

XJadeDragoonX
02-26-2018, 07:12 PM
Im a little confused. I was plat 1 and I win like 3 tournaments in a row without losing to get up to plat 3. Barely getting any xp per win. Then I lose to someone who is diamond 1, which is 3 full tiers above me, and I got demoted to plat 1. How does that work?

Tyrjo
02-27-2018, 08:40 AM
Ranked have always had a botched system to calculate your rank, making it incredibly frustrating to play it. No wonder almost no one does.

XJadeDragoonX
02-27-2018, 03:34 PM
Yeaaaaahhhh I'm just doing it to get the remaining hero rewards for my berserker. Sucks that I have to lose in the finals to get them

CandleInTheDark
02-27-2018, 04:00 PM
Yeaaaaahhhh I'm just doing it to get the remaining hero rewards for my berserker. Sucks that I have to lose in the finals to get them

That is a problem I would like to see addressed, there was someone on the knights discord saying he was getting into a tournament to lose in the finals. While it is good that the rewards are now linked to who you play in the final if you win, maybe they need a system where before it goes into random rewards because you have that hero's ornament you either get as a matter of course the lower rewards for your last character or the option to.

XJadeDragoonX
02-27-2018, 04:05 PM
That is a problem I would like to see addressed, there was someone on the knights discord saying he was getting into a tournament to lose in the finals. While it is good that the rewards are now linked to who you play in the final if you win, maybe they need a system where before it goes into random rewards because you have that hero's ornament you either get as a matter of course the lower rewards for your last character or the option to.

It's funny you say that because I was playing last night and I got to the finals and told the guy I would let him win. Funny enough, he responded saying he wanted the hero tier rewards too. So I just figured I'd let him have it and try again. I won the tournament but I have all the ornaments I want so it was a waste of time really.