PDA

View Full Version : Salt and drinking emote

berserker7331
02-23-2018, 03:43 AM
Quick question, are the salt and drinking emote going to be gone once the event is finished like the werewolf and snowball emote before?? I checked the bundle pack and they're not included in it

Vakris_One
02-23-2018, 03:45 AM
Nope. Devs said those 2 emotes will stay forever but they will become 10k steel after the event has ended.

Hormly
02-23-2018, 05:28 AM
Think its high time the devs let us equip 4 emotes

CandleInTheDark
02-23-2018, 07:08 AM
Think its high time the devs let us equip 4 emotes

We already do. If you mean free roam and/or combat, not sure how that is possible, executions was because we used two buttons and one of those is usually guardbreak, on console there is only one button free for emotes.

Hormly
02-23-2018, 07:42 AM
We already do. If you mean free roam and/or combat, not sure how that is possible, executions was because we used two buttons and one of those is usually guardbreak, on console there is only one button free for emotes.

A) you know thats not what i meant so why even say that.

B) uhmmmmm.... how about make it work exactly how executions do?

Hit key for one emote, hold key for second.

Wow, that was mentally strenuous, thanks for adding to the conversation, slugger.

CandleInTheDark
02-23-2018, 07:53 AM
B) uhmmmmm.... how about make it work exactly how executions do?

Hit key for one emote, hold key for second.

You mean like we do already? There is exactly one button free for emotes on consoles. While keyboards have more keys, the devs aren't going to do something for one platform there is no physical way to do on the other two. This isn't like executions where it was a matter of use the buttons we are already using in a different way.

Archo-Vax
02-23-2018, 09:02 AM
You mean like we do already? There is exactly one button free for emotes on consoles. While keyboards have more keys, the devs aren't going to do something for one platform there is no physical way to do on the other two. This isn't like executions where it was a matter of use the buttons we are already using in a different way.

At the least, we could equip two more in Free Roam with the B button.

CandleInTheDark
02-23-2018, 12:51 PM

Fair point, in free roam, yes, we hardly need a button for feinting (unless you can out of lock? I never messed with unlock attacks so genuinely don't know), I had been thinking combat as well as free roam where it would not work.

wolfman25br
02-23-2018, 03:13 PM
Changing a bit of the subject, I would like to see a slightly more respectful trend in the emotes.

Emotes and executions that are provocative or overly humiliating contribute to toxicity.

Some people deal better with provocation than others, but there is no reason to have so many elements of incitement to chaos in the game.

I think I've seen some post about this some time ago.

Vakris_One
02-23-2018, 04:36 PM
That would be cool. I think Ubi need to hit the brakes a little before releasing new armours/weapons and emotes and first give us more storage space and another free roam emote button.

bob333e
02-23-2018, 08:01 PM
Fair point, in free roam, yes, we hardly need a button for feinting (unless you can out of lock? I never messed with unlock attacks so genuinely don't know), I had been thinking combat as well as free roam where it would not work.

Nope can't feint a heavy outside lock-on.

I'd be down with free-roam emotes on the feint button as well. Though, I'm not sure how we can showcase them all in free-roam. I mean, how often do we stand still outside lock-on, doing our emotes, in any game mode? it's usually at the end of a match / round and even then you get just a few secs to play an emote.

I'd much prefer if we could keep our "idle" effects playing even during movement and running, provided we're still outside combat (no lock-on). They would be a little less accentuated then when standing still (completely "idle").

I also agree with Vakris that we first could use more storage / a better inventory management system, also more loadout slots.

CandleInTheDark
02-23-2018, 08:03 PM
I also agree with Vakris that we first could use more storage / a better inventory management system, also more loadout slots.

In terms of storage the last I recall from the devs is that what they have is a tech limitation, they are looking for a way around that but don't know for sure if there is one.

bob333e
02-23-2018, 08:05 PM
In terms of storage the last I recall from the devs is that what they have is a tech limitation, they are looking for a way around that but don't know for sure if there is one.

Instead of simply increasing storage capacity beyond 60, they should at least make a template system. So upon receiving loot end-match you may choose to:

- dismantle it and acquire Salvage (as it currently is)
- "study" it for like 50 Steel and acquire its template, you save its appearance in a "journal" of sorts if you want its look applied later on

Edit:

- It also applies to any event-specific gear you loot
- You're still required to keep looting and dismantling if you want specific gear stats, so this doesn't hurt their loot system, plus helps the players in inventory management
- Upon having the look "studied", you're still looting and dismantling afterwards, which is how the loot system is currently working

So all in all, what changes is we clutter our inventories much less, and we don't worry about losing a specific appearance.

Only... they need to reduce the costs of Change Look lol

UbiInsulin
02-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Changing a bit of the subject, I would like to see a slightly more respectful trend in the emotes.

Emotes and executions that are provocative or overly humiliating contribute to toxicity.

Some people deal better with provocation than others, but there is no reason to have so many elements of incitement to chaos in the game.

I think I've seen some post about this some time ago.

We saw that thread as well and made note of it for the team.

As Candle said, Down the Hatch! and Rub Salt in the Wound will be available on a permanent basis.

bob333e
02-23-2018, 08:48 PM

As Candle said, Down the Hatch! and Rub Salt in the Wound will be available on a permanent basis.

please no more memes

wolfman25br
02-23-2018, 08:51 PM

Thx.

Probably you guys are already aware, but I found this on reddit, as follows the link of some honorable execution concepts.
pretty cool!

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7ydrq7/nobushi_execution_idea/
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7z3zfq/honor_the_dead_warlord_execution_idea/

bob333e
02-23-2018, 09:07 PM
Thx.

Probably you guys are already aware, but I found this on reddit, as follows the link of some honorable execution concepts.
pretty cool!

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7ydrq7/nobushi_execution_idea/
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7z3zfq/honor_the_dead_warlord_execution_idea/

Not sure about Nobushi's, but I like the Warlord's. This goes against every aspect of how they painted Warlord's image and attitude, but... I'd love if this gets implemented!

AkenoKobayashi
02-23-2018, 10:14 PM
There was a snowball emote?

CandleInTheDark
02-24-2018, 01:11 AM
There was a snowball emote?

It was a limited time emote around winter holidays (whatever you choose to call them)

AkenoKobayashi
02-25-2018, 03:04 AM
Well, I hate winter and snow so I'm happy to not have it.

Can we have a normal, non-provocative "pour a .40 for the homies" drink emote? Like a simple "cheers" one?

Arekonator
02-25-2018, 02:32 PM
Well, I hate winter and snow so I'm happy to not have it.

Can we have a normal, non-provocative "pour a .40 for the homies" drink emote? Like a simple "cheers" one?

To be fair, both viking and knight emotes ar pretty much how people are drinking around here...

bob333e
02-25-2018, 06:14 PM
For me, the drinking emote only fits on Zerk, Warlord, and Shugo. Doesn't fit on any other Viking, Knight, or Samurai.

And I'm certainly not shelling out 30,000 Steel to buy it on Zerk, Warlord, and Shugo. :") that's the price of two DLC heroes. Two complete heroes with complete models, animations, movesets...

AkenoKobayashi
02-27-2018, 10:49 PM
To be fair, both viking and knight emotes ar pretty much how people are drinking around here...

Oh. So, Samurai got ****ed on the drinking emote, since both Knights and Vikings straight up drink their entire bottle while the Samurai thug it out. Fantastic.

bob333e
02-27-2018, 11:20 PM
Oh. So, Samurai got ****ed on the drinking emote, since both Knights and Vikings straight up drink their entire bottle while the Samurai thug it out. Fantastic.

Yeah, the Samurai drinking one is also a meme, more or less. More like a "rip, you" in a sarcastic manner. Some references:

https://media.giphy.com/media/GJVpbMjfT2Ftm/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/x70p0tqMsvqMM/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/cjKY0wWlPzLdC/giphy.gif

This is what I understood from that emote. Unsure if it does actually refer to something else related to the Samurai, but I doubt it. But if it does, I'd be happy to hear more about it.

FatFreeIce
02-28-2018, 12:18 AM
I feel like the salt emote was made by some real tools. How did they think an emote designed entirely too anger someone a good idea? The spam emotes are at least funny. It's rude and disrespectful. Like have you lost all creativity?

Arekonator
02-28-2018, 12:53 AM
How weak you have to be, to get triggered by emote in the game?

FatFreeIce
02-28-2018, 01:19 AM
It's not about being triggered. It's about the lack of creativity by the dev team. It's like a 12 year old came up with it.

Hormly
02-28-2018, 04:31 PM
I feel like the salt emote was made by some real tools. How did they think an emote designed entirely too anger someone a good idea? The spam emotes are at least funny. It's rude and disrespectful. Like have you lost all creativity?

Are you saying that a warrior throwing salt is exclusively a sign of disrespect??

My buddy Chiyonofuji disagrees!

http://i65.tinypic.com/i267he.jpg

Honestly, the salt emote is so incredibly appropriate for the shugoki im surprised he didnt have it from launch.

Devils-_-legacy
02-28-2018, 05:14 PM
The way it used in the game is more on a sign of disrespect or meme culture the what it symbolises in there culture.(The Japanese integrated the use of salt in their rituals, traditions and customs it can be used as an offering to the gods, it is a symbol of holiness, purification, and to keep bad luck away.)

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-28-2018, 05:28 PM
The sensitivity is really insane. It a game where my sole purpose is to kill my opponent. In no way shape or form do I want to do that with "respect", of course minus the "honor code" in certain occasions. My entire purpose in playing this game is to ruin your time, and if getting under your skin achieves that then I will taunt away. Trash talk is a HUGE part of sports, and do we really think it was all handshakes and butt pats in an era like this?

Hormly
02-28-2018, 05:43 PM
My only complaints about the new emotes is that your weapons dissapear.

This alone is enough for me to abstain from ever buying them. They didnt do this for the coin toss so why get lazy now?

Its a bummer too, ive wanted to be able to drink from my mead horn since launch.

However i would like to see each fighter receive an emote intended to show respect.

Vakris_One
02-28-2018, 06:16 PM
The sensitivity is really insane. It a game where my sole purpose is to kill my opponent. In no way shape or form do I want to do that with "respect", of course minus the "honor code" in certain occasions. My entire purpose in playing this game is to ruin your time, and if getting under your skin achieves that then I will taunt away.
That's a rather strange way to play a game with others if you don't mind me saying. If your entire purpose is to ruin other people's time via any means necessary like trolling, etc then you're just being a dicк, no? My sole purpose is always to play for fun.

Trash talk is a HUGE part of sports, and do we really think it was all handshakes and butt pats in an era like this?
Trash talk in most sports is done by the fans of said sport. Not many professional sportspersons indulge in trash talk unless they're friends with the other competitor and just ribbing them. Most people who trash talk excessively are usually either pussiеs when it comes to backing that up with actions or are actually really capable but still choose to act like they're overcompensating for something. In both cases I have much more respect for people who keep quiet and simply let their actions do all the talking.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-28-2018, 06:30 PM
That's a rather strange way to play a game with others if you don't mind me saying. If your entire purpose is to ruin other people's time via any means necessary like trolling, etc then you're just being a dicк, no? My sole purpose is always to play for fun.

By you losing it is ruining your time. Perhaps not you personally but the majority play to win. And losing upsets that. Sometimes things dont have to be spelled out. But by me saying I play soely to ruin peoples time I mean by winning. And sometimes that comes at the cost of not being a nice guy.

Trash talk in most sports is done by the fans of said sport. Not many professional sportspersons indulge in trash talk unless they're friends with the other competitor and just ribbing them. Most people who trash talk excessively are usually either pussiеs when it comes to backing that up with actions or are actually really capable but still choose to act like they're overcompensating for something. In both cases I have much more respect for people who keep quiet and simply let their actions do all the talking.

And here this is incorrect, the greatest of all time Ali, is celebrated, Jordan, ultimate trash talker. Current stars are no less, from Sherman to Embiid. A good trash talker sways the game in his favor by trash talking. From the bat flip to the sliding and ripping their shirt off after a goal, trash talk is a staple in sports. You can do so without being a complete ahole, and without being personal. These emotes are all of that, they are not personal.

Okita_Soji..
02-28-2018, 07:08 PM
I know we are all talking about a video game, but the trash talking in the game needs to go. From the quick chat spam to the spamable emotes. It just makes people upset and the designers of the game know it so why put things like it in the game?

We are playing a game about war and death and it can get personal seeing your character, an extension of you, die. When you die there is no need for the victor to rub it in ones face over and over. Some people are not as composed or mature as others so they might be more affected. The salt emote was fine for the bots who did it as they are just programing and there is no emotion behind it. Trying to do things to ruin the enjoyment of others, even if it just a game, is in poor taste.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-28-2018, 07:18 PM
We are playing a game about war and death and it can get personal seeing your character, an extension of you, die. When you die there is no need for the victor to rub it in ones face over and over. Some people are not as composed or mature as others so they might be more affected.

There is no need to do a lot of things. Including playing this game. But we do so because we enjoy it, the same with trash talking. The need is the want. And there are many that want. Im not one to stand over the body and spam thanks, the thanks and wows I can do without. But the one that my actual character does, thats all fair game. And at times I will do an honorable taunt. But these taunts are also my defense against poor tactics that i could not otherwise respond to.

If my enemy is getting beat and he/she backs up to try and ledge me, well then I respond by taking a drink. If they try and double team me in a brawl setting, and I fend them off, Im doing the Conq dance. There are a ton of cheap tactics that my tainting is the answer for.

Lastly others not being composed is not my problem, nor should it be the devs. Especially when you speak of the minority.

Vakris_One
02-28-2018, 07:20 PM
And here this is incorrect, the greatest of all time Ali, is celebrated, Jordan, ultimate trash talker. Current stars are no less, from Sherman to Embiid. A good trash talker sways the game in his favor by trash talking. From the bat flip to the sliding and ripping their shirt off after a goal, trash talk is a staple in sports. You can do so without being a complete ahole, and without being personal. These emotes are all of that, they are not personal.
Fair enough about explaining the "ruining your time" comment. I understand you didn't mean stuff like trolling now.

I'm not someone who gets worked up by the emotes, they're all pretty funny especially when spammed. None of them make me angry even though I can see when someone is trying to be obnoxious on purpose with them. Celebrating a goal is not really trash talking, it's a celebration but yeah, I agree that you can be cocky without being an a-hole. I personally respect Ali for his achievements, not really for his trash talking even though some of it was hilarious. Thing is Ali and other great sports men and women aren't celebrated because of their trash talking, they're celebrated because of their undeniable talent and skill.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Thing is Ali and other great sports men and women aren't celebrated because of their trash talking, they're celebrated because of their undeniable talent and skill.

Duly noted, talent 1st, trash talk later. Idk, I like this community and its unwritten laws, I do. I dont want to sound like I love to spam wows and thanks, I dont. I hate that myself. I think you guys understand my stance.

I play a game Clash Royale where emotes are a divisive topic, so I extended that to this conversation. I understand most of the responses here and why they dislike them, however I feel differently. Can you imagine, its 2018 and we had conversation where 2 people dont agree and none of us brought up politics of each others mothers. Oh what a time to be alive.

Arekonator
02-28-2018, 07:34 PM
I know we are all talking about a video game, but the trash talking in the game needs to go. From the quick chat spam to the spamable emotes. It just makes people upset and the designers of the game know it so why put things like it in the game?

We are playing a game about war and death and it can get personal seeing your character, an extension of you, die. When you die there is no need for the victor to rub it in ones face over and over. Some people are not as composed or mature as others so they might be more affected. The salt emote was fine for the bots who did it as they are just programing and there is no emotion behind it. Trying to do things to ruin the enjoyment of others, even if it just a game, is in poor taste.
If you consider quick chat messages offensive, perhaps you should leave the internet or growing just a bit thicker skin.
I knew some people are sensitive, but cluster of three quickchat messages is now offensive/insulting/whatever? This is getting ridiculous.

Some people genuinely enjoy the banter. Some just do it to get a reaction. If your enjoyment is ruined by such truly banal things, i am afraid thats entirely on you.
There is almost always some degree of toxicity in online gaming and games where people compete aganist each other are inherently more prone to this.
Thats just reality of things and you either learn to deal with it or risk having your fun spoiled.

CandleInTheDark
02-28-2018, 07:37 PM
Can you imagine, its 2018 and we had conversation where 2 people dont agree and none of us brought up politics of each others mothers. Oh what a time to be alive.

Reasoned debate has broken out on the internet? How many signs of the apocalypse are left? ;)

bob333e
02-28-2018, 07:51 PM
The sensitivity is really insane. It a game where my sole purpose is to kill my opponent. In no way shape or form do I want to do that with "respect", of course minus the "honor code" in certain occasions. My entire purpose in playing this game is to ruin your time, and if getting under your skin achieves that then I will taunt away. Trash talk is a HUGE part of sports, and do we really think it was all handshakes and butt pats in an era like this?

When people start to associate For Honor, an rpg-oriented multiplayer-based medieval fighting game, to real world olympics and esports, it outlines the existing problem like a big bold fluorescent marker.

The notions of respect and honor are pretty much combat-centered in-game, and have absolutely nothing to do with how we as individuals perceive these two concepts in the real world. As such, we can be "honorable" and choose 1v1s and lack of toxicity, or we may choose the opposite. Both outcomes are deliberately limited to an in-game experience and are both an integral part of For Honor's gameplay. Whether you choose to spam Wow! Wow! Wow! or resort to customized insults or spam some emotes over a corpse, this all comes with the package of the overall PvP experience For Honor has to offer. It is expected.

What is not expected, however, at least from the developer's end, is to alter the original course of this established title, into catering to real-world meme culture. It not only creates detachment from the specialized in-game experience which had been rooted in us before the game's release, but also disrupts immersion, originality, creativity, and the matter of seriousness of the supposedly gritty and brutal nature this game originally sold its sellpoint as, when VandenBerghe was still around.

What do they showcase in their official trailers and cinematics, and most marketing footage they release? they certainly don't show you a Raider rowing a boat, a Warlord playing frisbee, a Shaman windsurfing, a Kensei golfing, or a Warden playing dodgeball. Because that's not what the original sellpoint of this game is. These are unnecessary and completely unfitting inside the world of For Honor, by-and-large. I can always go buy PES or NFL or Tiger Woods World Tour for my sports fix.

What these do to the game, isn't "saltiness" or "hyper-sensitivity" as you have put it. They take away from its originality, its intended nature, and its long-term vision and goal. At the end of the day, this game today is catering to the 14yo, PG-13 crowd. Which isn't the reason why most of us bought it. Most of us bought this game because we want gritty medieval combat, with a rather special and intuitive combat system. We didn't buy this game to windsurf in Sentinel or play golf in Gauntlet.

Of course, the recent wave of meme culture catering isn't helping at all. Again, it's not because someone gets triggered by a salt emote. It's the presence of the salt emote itself, in the game. Not only it is completely unfitting for the overall picture of this game, but also making For Honor officially the first ever game to have completely integrated a meme whole as-is, literally copied from 9gag and 4chan (and Reddit). And that should tell you how low of a goal-setting this was. How much of a sh!tshow this game could potentially become if it continues down this road.

You might say "you don't like it don't buy it" but that will help neither you nor me. The thing is still present in this game, and as long as people just brainlessly accept their presence in the game, Ubisoft will have no problem adding more. And ruining their game even further.

It doesn't stop with emotes and executions, by the way. This new derisory path they took is seeping into outfits, effects, ornaments, and even names of outfits and names of color palettes. It became a bombardment of meme culture, when you add up all the little things. They all eventually form a mountain. Hence this thread, and many others.

All of this is unrelated to how you, personally, play this game. You can be toxic and unfair and win-centric all you like. It's how you play this game. But how you play this game doesn't justify a degradation of its own overall image and getting closer to becoming more of a circus show by the day, competing against 9gag, and becoming void of creative vision that they have to stoop that low to copy the most despicable memes as they are, just to try to attract a wider audience and have more people buy the title.

Devils-_-legacy
02-28-2018, 07:56 PM
Again, it's not because someone gets triggered by a salt emote. It's the presence of the salt emote itself, in the game. Literally this faddy explained it perfectly

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-28-2018, 08:09 PM
When people start to associate For Honor, an rpg-oriented multiplayer-based medieval fighting game, to real world olympics and esports, it outlines the existing problem like a big bold fluorescent marker.

The notions of respect and honor are pretty much combat-centered in-game, and have absolutely nothing to do with how we as individuals perceive these two concepts in the real world. As such, we can be "honorable" and choose 1v1s and lack of toxicity, or we may choose the opposite. Both outcomes are deliberately limited to an in-game experience and are both an integral part of For Honor's gameplay. Whether you choose to spam Wow! Wow! Wow! or resort to customized insults or spam some emotes over a corpse, this all comes with the package of the overall PvP experience For Honor has to offer. It is expected.

What is not expected, however, at least from the developer's end, is to alter the original course of this established title, into catering to real-world meme culture. It not only creates detachment from the specialized in-game experience which had been rooted in us before the game's release, but also disrupts immersion, originality, creativity, and the matter of seriousness of the supposedly gritty and brutal nature this game originally sold its sellpoint as, when VandenBerghe was still around.

What do they showcase in their official trailers and cinematics, and most marketing footage they release? they certainly don't show you a Raider rowing a boat, a Warlord playing frisbee, a Shaman windsurfing, a Kensei golfing, or a Warden playing dodgeball. Because that's not what the original sellpoint of this game is. These are unnecessary and completely unfitting inside the world of For Honor, by-and-large. I can always go buy PES or NFL or Tiger Woods World Tour for my sports fix.

What these do to the game, isn't "saltiness" or "hyper-sensitivity" as you have put it. They take away from its originality, its intended nature, and its long-term vision and goal. At the end of the day, this game today is catering to the 14yo, PG-13 crowd. Which isn't the reason why most of us bought it. Most of us bought this game because we want gritty medieval combat, with a rather special and intuitive combat system. We didn't buy this game to windsurf in Sentinel or play golf in Gauntlet.

Of course, the recent wave of meme culture catering isn't helping at all. Again, it's not because someone gets triggered by a salt emote. It's the presence of the salt emote itself, in the game. Not only it is completely unfitting for the overall picture of this game, but also making For Honor officially the first ever game to have completely integrated a meme whole as-is, literally copied from 9gag and 4chan (and Reddit). And that should tell you how low of a goal-setting this was. How much of a sh!tshow this game could potentially become if it continues down this road.

You might say "you don't like it don't buy it" but that will help neither you nor me. The thing is still present in this game, and as long as people just brainlessly accept their presence in the game, Ubisoft will have no problem adding more. And ruining their game even further.

It doesn't stop with emotes and executions, by the way. This new derisory path they took is seeping into outfits, effects, ornaments, and even names of outfits and names of color palettes. It became a bombardment of meme culture, when you add up all the little things. They all eventually form a mountain. Hence this thread, and many others.

All of this is unrelated to how you, personally, play this game. You can be toxic and unfair and win-centric all you like. It's how you play this game. But how you play this game doesn't justify a degradation of its own overall image and getting closer to becoming more of a circus show by the day, competing against 9gag, and becoming void of creative vision that they have to stoop that low to copy the most despicable memes as they are, just to try to attract a wider audience and have more people buy the title.

Normally I agree with your insightful posts but not this one, not by a long shot. How could I not compare esports to this, theyre both VIDEO GAMES. Also competitive sports is all we have to relate the 2. Comparing things is hardly new to any debate. If you agree with said comparison is a different topic.

Im also not referring to playful emotes of dancing, etc. Im speaking of the Conq dance, the warden raising his sword, the gladiator laughing at his fallen enemy, etc. These are all very real reactions to winning a sword fight. I mean do you expect the adrenaline to cease so easily? So you may not relate that as realism but I do. These men, jacked up and filled with adrenaline are not going to behead someone and then notice the weather.

Everything you state is opinion, who it caters to is your opinion. Because a game with filled with blood and beheadings is certainly not PG13.

As I reread your post its clear you simply dont like them, you ignore the masses that are dropping steel on them.

Plus what are you talking about that its extended to ornaments, outfits, etc? Where, because I dont see any ornaments that say "Wow, or thanks". Youre stretching things. Its clear you dont like the presence, but dont say anyone is brainlessly accepting anything, I know what Im accepting. And I welcome it. If I pull of the victory and im hyped, Im celebrating, period. if its with salt or bolts of lighting from my a**. As long as not spamming thanks and wow its all fair game.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-28-2018, 08:10 PM
Again, it's not because someone gets triggered by a salt emote. It's the presence of the salt emote itself, in the game. Literally this faddy explained it perfectly

But no one has said why it shouldnt be in the game. Its not like 95% are against them, you guys are the minority.

bob333e
02-28-2018, 08:18 PM
Normally I agree with your insightful posts but not this one, not by a long shot. How could I not compare esports to this, theyre both VIDEO GAMES. Also competitive sports is all we have to relate the 2. Comparing things is hardly new to any debate. If you agree with said comparison is a different topic.

Im also not referring to playful emotes of dancing, etc. Im speaking of the Conq dance, the warden raising his sword, the gladiator laughing at his fallen enemy, etc. These are all very real reactions to winning a sword fight. I mean do you expect the adrenaline to cease so easily? So you may not relate that as realism but I do. These men, jacked up and filled with adrenaline are not going to behead someone and then notice the weather.

Everything you state is opinion, who it caters to is your opinion. Because a game with filled with blood and beheadings is certainly not PG13.

As I reread your post its clear you simply dont like them, you ignore the masses that are dropping steel on them.

Plus what are you talking about that its extended to ornaments, outfits, etc? Where, because I dont see any ornaments that say "Wow, or thanks". Youre stretching things. Its clear you dont like the presence, but dont say anyone is brainlessly accepting anything, I know what Im accepting. And I welcome it. If I pull of the voctiry and im hyped, Im celebrating, period. if its with salt or bolts of lighting from my a**.

Wasn't looking for agreement nor expected you to read it, but thanks for checking out what I wrote.

You were comparing this title to how athletes taunt others in real sports, above. Which is a comparison that fell flat on its face the moment you thought it up. Comparisons are fine but only when they make context. Yours wasn't contextual at all, and all it did was further reinforce my point: people are accepting the real-world esports mentality already. In For Honor.

Most of what I stated are things you may not see from your perspective. We both can't be determined as "right" or "wrong." I look at a 6 from the bottom I see a 6. You look at the 6 from the top and you see a 9. We're both looking at a 6, but we won't agree to what we're seeing. It's not a biased opinion; it's perspective. And one that, unsurprisingly, is shared by many others on here (of course I don't frequent Reddit, if that's the Steel-spending crowd you're referring to).

The rep50 Warden outfit is named "Grinding Warrior" and its color palette is named "Go Outside". That alone should be enough to tell you that they're starting to cross borders with these lame jokes being added each season.

I wasn't looking for a debate; simply pointed out things from a different perspective. No one's forcing you to agree.

Vakris_One
02-28-2018, 08:21 PM
EDIT:

Vakris_One is experiencing technical difficulties. Please re-insert brain in apropriate slot.

Devils-_-legacy
02-28-2018, 08:22 PM
Never said I wasn't the minority but I'm not one for meme culture and I doubt I'm the only one i feel like it only Caters for either children or trolls I would hate for this game to go in that direction of meme culture its just not for me personally

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-28-2018, 08:26 PM
I never told you how you or your mother or your faourite politician should play dude so... *shrug*

I merely voiced my opinion concerning your opinion. Shocking turn of play on an internet forum, I know.

Am I living on the same planet? Clearly I was applauding or debate and your response. Its not often people can disagree on the internet and be civil. Guess Ill have to wait till 2019.

Never said I wasn't the minority but I'm not one for meme culture and I doubt I'm the only one i feel like it only Caters for either children or trolls I would hate for this game to go in that direction of meme culture its just not for me personally

True you didnt say you werent. I just dont feel its going that way because of a few taunts. The Conq surf board and others have way less of a place in this game then do the "trash talking" ones.

bob333e
02-28-2018, 08:31 PM
I just dont feel its going that way because of a few taunts.

Not just yet; but they're the start.

The Conq surf board and others have way less of a place in this game then do the "trash talking" ones.

Thank you, we at least agree on something here.
And it's a skateboard deck flip. The surf one is Shaman's.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-28-2018, 08:33 PM
Wasn't looking for agreement nor expected you to read it, but thanks for checking out what I wrote.

You were comparing this title to how athletes taunt others in real sports, above. Which is a comparison that fell flat on its face the moment you thought it up. Comparisons are fine but only when they make context. Yours wasn't contextual at all, and all it did was further reinforce my point: people are accepting the real-world esports mentality already. In For Honor.

Most of what I stated are things you may not see from your perspective. We both can't be determined as "right" or "wrong." I look at a 6 from the bottom I see a 6. You look at the 6 from the top and you see a 9. We're both looking at a 6, but we won't agree to what we're seeing. It's not a biased opinion; it's perspective. And one that, unsurprisingly, is shared by many others on here (of course I don't frequent Reddit, if that's the Steel-spending crowd you're referring to).

The rep50 Warden outfit is named "Grinding Warrior" and its color palette is named "Go Outside". That alone should be enough to tell you that they're starting to cross borders with these lame jokes being added each season.

I wasn't looking for a debate; simply pointed out things from a different perspective. No one's forcing you to agree.

Funny thing is you werent looking for one but definitely should've expected one. You cant respond to a post on a public forum and not expect a response. You took the time to write it Im surely going to take the time to read it. And surely respond to it.

Those type of achievements have been around forever. You merely talking about a color palette? Lol. Or do you not know of the lose X amount of time in DOA achievement. Or the fail a song on easy one from GH. They may be new to you but none of this is new to most other people.

Also its your opinion they shouldnt be in, not perspective, opinion. The fact that they should be in because the devs wanted them in is a fact. One youll have to deal with or move along. Im also not talking about Reddit, but honestly if its them here or people that dont even visit any forum, people are dropping steel on them.

Lastly you sid I cant compare them to esports or real sports, I clearly can and did. Is esports not video games? Please do give me a better example because sport is the only competitive thing I feel I can relate this to.

Idk man, I respect your and the opinions of others here. You have posted many insightful posts but I have to disagree with you here.

Vakris_One
02-28-2018, 08:34 PM
Am I living on the same planet? Clearly I was applauding or debate and your response. Its not often people can disagree on the internet and be civil. Guess Ill have to wait till 2019.
Oh, whoops. My bad. I'm so used to getting insulted on here for voicing an opinion that I assumed you were doing the same. Truly sorry man, I re-read your reply just now and have adequately face-palmed :D

We're still good for 2018 cos I apologised... on the INTERNET! :p

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-28-2018, 08:35 PM
Not just yet; but they're the start.

Youre assuming its the start.

Thank you, we at least agree on something here.
And it's a skateboard deck flip. The surf one is Shaman's.

I hate all the playful ones tbh.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-28-2018, 08:37 PM
Oh, whoops. My bad. I'm so used to getting insulted on here for voicing an opinion that I assumed you were doing the same. Truly sorry man, I re-read your reply just now and have adequately face-palmed :D

We're still good for 2018 cos I apologised... on the INTERNET! :p

Its fine. I have a tone about me that doesnt come off the rigth way at times. I apologize also.

Even with Fady, I know I come off like a jerk but I do understand the opinions he has.

But heres to 2018! Lol.

bob333e
02-28-2018, 08:42 PM
<snip>

It's fine to disagree, and differing opinions (and perspectives) is a healthy thing, especially on public forums.

As I said, not looking to debate any of it. Merely giving pointers towards a different direction.

At the end of the day, we both love the game in our own way and we want to enjoy this game in our own way. Still, worries over a complete fcuk-up of its original vision and targeted sellpoint in the future, are also a healthy thing. Both of us came to this game for a reason, and to see our reasons taken away eventually, would render our time and gaming invested into this title futile and meaningless.

Also, Vakris_One isn't targeting you in person in any way.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-28-2018, 08:45 PM
It's fine to disagree, and differing opinions (and perspectives) is a healthy thing, especially on public forums.

As I said, not looking to debate any of it. Merely giving pointers towards a different direction.

At the end of the day, we both love the game in our own way and we want to enjoy this game in our own way. Still, worries over a complete fcuk-up of its original vision and targeted sellpoint in the future, are also a healthy thing. Both of us came to this game for a reason, and to see our reasons taken away eventually, would render our time and gaming invested into this title futile and meaningless.

Also, Vakris_One isn't targeting you in person in any way.

I know hes not, and Im not with you either. I share some of those same worries as you, trust me I do. I would hate this to turn into a comedy shw and not the gritty medieval experience I craved. Also I wasnt just saying it, youve posted many helpful things and I would hate to have a poor relationship with anyone here tbh.

bob333e
02-28-2018, 08:51 PM
I know hes not, and Im not with you either. I share some of those same worries as you, trust me I do. I would hate this to turn into a comedy shw and not the gritty medieval experience I craved. Also I wasnt just saying it, youve posted many helpful things and I would hate to have a poor relationship with anyone here tbh.

No worries, no offense taken.

Devils-_-legacy
02-28-2018, 09:24 PM
EIGHTYYARDS I think you have me mistaken I don't mind them in the game I'm not asking for them to be removed I'm just saying plz don't add more memes into the game I also agree with the shaman and conq emote not really having a place I'm glad they didn't add more emote like them

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-28-2018, 09:43 PM
EIGHTYYARDS I think you have me mistaken I don't mind them in the game I'm not asking for them to be removed I'm just saying plz don't add more memes into the game I also agree with the shaman and conq emote not really having a place I'm glad they didn't add more emote like them

Its cool, I get it. Y'all just dont want any more comical/silly additions. And a lot dont like the repeated spam. I can respect that. Like the taunts, sometimes I speak with too much emotion. Ill take the blame on this one. I for one do love most of the trash talking ones, I hate the verbal thanks and wows.We all have our likes and dislikes. I just didnt want to be labeled a troll in game. Because I will always give the "honorable" fight but if I manage to pull off the win I have to take a big gulp of the finest brew in all the lands. Sometimes even the Conq dance, but I wont spam thanks.

AkenoKobayashi
03-04-2018, 12:53 AM
I'm sure the concept of "pouring some for my dead homies" was never part of Samurai culture. It would be considered a waste of sake.

Jarl.Felix
03-04-2018, 02:19 AM
What do you people expect ? Have you seen the FH reddit ? It's basicaly 9gag or 4chan allover. You cant find a discussion about this game anymore. Only low quality memes which not a single person with a fully developed brain would even consider them funny. And yet, moderators hold them in high esteem.

So this being said, game "leading" developers ar not some allmighty gods, they DO get fired if they don't get bigger numbers of people and make money with this game. So yeah, they simply put it this way : people love crap ? we give them emoji crap only to come at our game.

Now, this is totally understandable for Ubisoft, this is not the case for great companies like CDPR, Blizzard or so.

I bet there will be much more crappy emotes and executions in the long run.

AkenoKobayashi
03-04-2018, 05:50 AM
Well, unfortunately, there is no other game like For Honor that has Samurai in it. So, I'm stuck with it.