PDA

View Full Version : Crazy steel prices for new emotes...

David_gorda
02-22-2018, 03:49 PM
10k steel normal price and 7k now? Ubisoft stop being so greedy and demand crazy amount Of steel for execution, emotes and outfits.

EvoX.
02-22-2018, 03:57 PM
How else would they make you buy the ''Best deal!'' of 100k Steel for 100$ or whatever?

Not quite EA level of greed, but we're getting there.

CandleInTheDark
02-22-2018, 04:08 PM
How else would they make you buy the ''Best deal!'' of 100k Steel for 100$ or whatever?

Not quite EA level of greed, but we're getting there.

Except that 10k is pretty easy to get in the space of a week. There is no gameplay benefit to these emotes and I don't see the problem in the outfits and emotes made as part of these events being a little extra with that in mind.I never buy steel and I very rarely have less than a five figure steel balance.

EvoX.
02-22-2018, 04:12 PM
Except that 10k is pretty easy to get in the space of a week. There is no gameplay benefit to these emotes and I don't see the problem in the outfits and emotes made as part of these events being a little extra with that in mind.I never buy steel and I very rarely have less than a five figure steel balance.

I used to think that too, before I realized it would take 140 Dominion matches to get one execution/emote. Obviously not counting the Steel orders, but that number in itself is ridiculous.

I mean, really? Would increasing the base Steel awarded from 50 to 100 completely break all progression, and would anyone complain about it? No, it wouldn't, and nobody would. But since players are seemingly fine with the absolute unrewarding grindfest, it will never happen.

David_gorda
02-22-2018, 04:18 PM
Well i have 10 different classes that i play, prestige 7+ on all Of them. These 2 emotes would cost me 200k steel. 140k steel during discount yay.... They just increase steel prices all the time, what happened to 3k executions and emotes...

ZetsubouKibo
02-22-2018, 04:34 PM
What if i told you that getting steal is easy? 800 from orders and 800-900 more from contract orders, 50 steel per domination match, You can play dom vs ai.

I prefer playing deathmatch, Remember to play the tutorial's and complete the campaign for steel.

CandleInTheDark
02-22-2018, 04:48 PM
I used to think that too, before I realized it would take 140 Dominion matches to get one execution/emote. Obviously not counting the Steel orders, but that number in itself is ridiculous.

I mean, really? Would increasing the base Steel awarded from 50 to 100 completely break all progression, and would anyone complain about it? No, it wouldn't, and nobody would. But since players are seemingly fine with the absolute unrewarding grindfest, it will never happen.

The reason I have no problem with it is that even without dedicated servers, I have usually wound up with around 50k steel per season, during that time I will have maybe one mythic or mask outfit I like so 15,000 steel (getting the mask outfit during discount), maybe an emote, 7000, let's say three executions, 21,000. To address the whole ten heroes in top gear thing op mentioned, I have ten that I actively use, but I don't need to get everything for everyone. With dedicated servers in I will likely get more steel since I only play so much with the P2P system as it is.

The devs do have a double steel weekend on the roadmap, with orders included in that, that is going to be a pretty big chunk of steel. Would anyone complain if they upped rewards? Certainly not, but I also don't think it is much of a problem where it is either.

bannex19
02-22-2018, 04:52 PM
10k makes me sad. Good thing I don't care for either of those emotes. Definitely a discouraging trend though

Tyrjo
02-22-2018, 05:00 PM
What if i told you that getting steal is easy? 800 from orders and 800-900 more from contract orders, 50 steel per domination match, You can play dom vs ai.

I prefer playing deathmatch, Remember to play the tutorial's and complete the campaign for steel.

Yes, it's easy but it's s-l-o-w.

EvoX.
02-22-2018, 05:05 PM
The reason I have no problem with it is that even without dedicated servers, I have usually wound up with around 50k steel per season, during that time I will have maybe one mythic or mask outfit I like so 15,000 steel (getting the mask outfit during discount), maybe an emote, 7000, let's say three executions, 21,000. To address the whole ten heroes in top gear thing op mentioned, I have ten that I actively use, but I don't need to get everything for everyone. With dedicated servers in I will likely get more steel since I only play so much with the P2P system as it is.

So you're telling me you fully customize one character per season, and you're completely fine with that? One character, per 3 months?

I don't think that's acceptable, but to each his own.

CandleInTheDark
02-22-2018, 05:10 PM
So you're telling me you fully customize one character per season, and you're completely fine with that? One character, per 3 months?

I don't think that's acceptable, but to each his own.

I'm telling you I get what I feel like getting, what I really don't want to have to do without, as opposed to getting everything because it is new, and yes I am perfectly happy with that. I also had enough that when champion status was half price I sunk 30k into a year worth, so I've never had cause to complain.

bob333e
02-22-2018, 08:28 PM
Since first week of November till today, mid February that is, I've only managed to properly gear up my Warden, complete with effects, emotes, executions, 3-4 ornaments, 3 Mythic outfits, 3 Elite outfits, and 4 Battle outfits, a ton of Change Look, and gear upgrades. I've taken great care of all my three loadouts, all of them being at 180 gear. That's roughly 2 heroes, seeing as the loadouts share some effects, symbols, executions, emotes, and patterns. And I'm still missing one Mythic outfit so far.

Three and a half months, for just one hero (the equivalent of 2 heroes because three loadouts), of daily grinding, not missing out on any single order, and not missing out on any community event order.

I've only bought one ornament for Valkyrie worth 1,000, otherwise didn't buy a single thing for any other hero. And unable to afford any Mask outfit, nor Champion Status, I only get Champion Status from compensations, Open Test, and season 5 reveal stream.

Yeah, I call BS. I've been very vocal about this unfair and punishing grinding, and this broken reward and progression system. Sadly though, they will ignore this. They don't want to change it as it is, because it will hurt their microtransaction campaign.

That's me talking of never skipping ONE single order since November. Having to play everyday. Not everyone is as crazy as me or as determined as me to save up on Steel. A lot of people still resort to purchasing Steel to get the new shinies, especially when streamers and content creators showcase them.

This is one of the two major things I absolutely despise with intense hatred about For Honor. The other one being the RNG system and the piss-poor inventory management system.

XJadeDragoonX
02-22-2018, 10:32 PM
While I do agree that it's a pain to get the steel, I do have to also say that it's all purely cosmetic and has 0 impact on the game. So I wouldn't ever sit here and call it unfair since it can all be earned for free. you get almost a free 1k steel every single day from very quick daily orders. My real issue is I wish I could buy everything with steel. I'd pay top steel dollar for some color pallets that I really want. Or some icons for my gear that I can only unlock through leveling

BTTrinity
02-22-2018, 11:44 PM

Having to wait a week to buy an emote is pretty crap... Emotes and Executions should be no more than 5k

Vakris_One
02-22-2018, 11:54 PM
10K steel for an emote is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. Treating yourself once every 2-3 months to an execution and maybe an emote or outfit is to be honest one of the grindiest systems I have ever encountered outside of free to play mobile games.

But with that being said at least we CAN earn enough in-game currency eventually. Thank god nothing is locked behind real life money purchases - and don't you get any ideas Ubisoft.

David_gorda
02-22-2018, 11:59 PM
10K steel for an emote is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. Treating yourself once every 2-3 months to an execution and maybe an emote or outfit is to be honest one of the grindiest systems I have ever encountered outside of free to play mobile games.
Yeah its to much steel for this, reminds Of the different Coin toss emotes i dont hink ever seen anyone use it. To much steel for a boring Emotes. These are okish for fun but i rather save My steel for mask, outfits and cool executions.

iiRAINBOW_DASH
02-23-2018, 12:02 AM
Emotes are for tools. Executions are the only thing that is worth spending steel on. Best ornaments are the ones you earned by winning a tournament.

bob333e
02-23-2018, 12:07 AM
Emotes are for tools. Executions are the only thing that is worth spending steel on. Best ornaments are the ones you earned by winning a tournament.

Taste is subjective. :) and it doesn't change the fact that everything is over-inflated and your rewards are bottlenecked.