PDA

View Full Version : The time it takes to earn steel is pitiful... still

Monstrous-
02-22-2018, 08:28 AM
In For Honor it takes a whole day of grinding to get a little more than an execution, and that is ridiculous. The reason why Ubisoft has not fixed this glaring issue and probably never will is because of corporate greed and micro-transactions. Less steel means more people buying steel packs and that is why Ubisoft has chosen to suppress the community's consistent protest of low steel earnings.

Ubisoft has earned a majority of 100 dollars plus micro-transactions among loyal players of the game. The price for the season pass was already ridiculously high plus the 60 dollar price tag of buying the game initially. We all know too well how many of For Honor's veterans have bought many many steel packs just to get their fix of those sweet tempting cosmetics, money that would not have been spent if the game's items didn't cost an inordinate amount of steel to unlock. For whatever reason public outcry didn't happen, instead we accepted the incredibly greedy and unapologetically obnoxious prices as they were, giving the bastards in tuxes what they want. It may be too late for For Honor or maybe it isn't but if one thing is for certain we can NOT let Ubisoft set these irrational values for any of their in game currency for any games made by them or any company for that matter from here on forward.

Arekonator
02-22-2018, 09:46 AM
If you want the companies to stop using those practices, then you have to stop validating them by buying them.

Waynedetta40k
02-22-2018, 09:47 AM
Especially if you consider the game was released in a ****ty alpha state. Yes thats what it was and they still took the money and they will keep taking money by putting all the customizable stuff behind a grindwall. Its just ubisoft and this forum post will most likly change nothing.

Alustar.
02-22-2018, 01:26 PM
It takes around a week to get 10k steel. If you can't be ****ed to grind that out, you belong in the category of "people who want instant gratification for minimal to no effort".
Games have always had some form of progression. No one is forcing you or anyone to buy steel packs. Please find another outlet for your teenage angst.

Tyrjo
02-22-2018, 05:11 PM
I have played for a year and haven't bought steel even once. I'm never going to since it's a matter of principle for me. I would advise everyone else to follow the same path.

bob333e
02-22-2018, 09:04 PM
I have played for a year and haven't bought steel even once. I'm never going to since it's a matter of principle for me. I would advise everyone else to follow the same path.

+1.