PDA

View Full Version : New Harbour Traffic Mod

Kaleun1961
10-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Has anybody tried the new harbour mod yet? It's available now at the Real U-boot site. It looks pretty good, from the readme. It now integrates the milk cows and a few other mods. Nice work!

I'm going to finish my current career and then give it a try. In my new career I am also going to make the jump to manual targetting. I'm wondering about the weapon officer assistance. If I choose manual targetting but enable the WO, will I still be able to get him to do the targetting or back up my manual solution? If so, how do I employ him? Thanks.

Kaleun1961
10-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Has anybody tried the new harbour mod yet? It's available now at the Real U-boot site. It looks pretty good, from the readme. It now integrates the milk cows and a few other mods. Nice work!

I'm going to finish my current career and then give it a try. In my new career I am also going to make the jump to manual targetting. I'm wondering about the weapon officer assistance. If I choose manual targetting but enable the WO, will I still be able to get him to do the targetting or back up my manual solution? If so, how do I employ him? Thanks.

Kaleun1961
10-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Well, looks like I am going to do be doing it sooner than I expected. SH 3 Commander just retired my current career, Kapitan Leutnant Wilhelm Kopp, after 5 patrols. He sank over 300,000 tons of shipping, earning a Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves. Nothing to boast of, seeing as I was using auto-targetting. Things should start to get more interesting [and more realistic tonnage sinkings] as I now make the transition to manual targetting.

First I am going to uninstall and make a fresh installation of the game in order to install the latest mods, this time with the emphasis on not allowing other mods to overwrite the latest version of Real U-boat. I've used it quite a bit, but I can't say I've given it a true testing as I've allowed other mods to overwrite many parts of it. This time I am resolved to run it in as purely as possible. I like to customize my sounds, cherry-picking the best clips from several mods.

Dominicrigg
10-14-2005, 01:19 PM
I think you just ask him for the amounts by clicking on him and he fills them in. The best thing to do is the torpedo practice whilst reading the instructions. One or two of these will get you into the hang of manual firing and i bet you love it once you get it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

No more shooting destroyers at 3000 yards though!

Kaleun1961
10-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Do you mean by practising in the naval academy? Which instructions are you referring to? I think I should visit your site and print off the instructions.

Kaleun1961
10-14-2005, 02:24 PM
I tried the link at the bottom of your post, but can't load the picture or get any further than that. What I will do in the meantime is print off the SH3 Community Manual instructions and try my hand at the notepad method for now. I am going to try learning with the map updates on, until I feel confident enough to try it without the map updates.

W.Irving
10-14-2005, 02:33 PM
I find it absolutely impossible to get an accurate range reading visually!
Acquiring AOB is even more impossible unless you have range and speed.

So how do you do it?
A quick walkthrough of the steps you go through would be great! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif