PDA

View Full Version : single missions problem

Riper-Snifle
12-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi,

I recently downloaded a missions pack from flying-legends.net and uploaded it into my FB/AEP/PF folder. When I play on single missions or quick mission builder or full mission builder The voice communication comes in as a squeal. The engine, sound effects and music all comes in clear it is just the voice on the radio, like when it say's "This is Four! I got one he is going down." Is removing the missions from the folders the only way of solving this, short of unistalling/reinstalling??? THe missions run fine except for that one problem, and it has stretched to other portions of the game, does anyone have any thoughts on a means to fix this problem?? Any tweak I have to do to adjust the settings perchance??? All thoughts welcome, thank you.

Riper-Snifle
12-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi,

I recently downloaded a missions pack from flying-legends.net and uploaded it into my FB/AEP/PF folder. When I play on single missions or quick mission builder or full mission builder The voice communication comes in as a squeal. The engine, sound effects and music all comes in clear it is just the voice on the radio, like when it say's "This is Four! I got one he is going down." Is removing the missions from the folders the only way of solving this, short of unistalling/reinstalling??? THe missions run fine except for that one problem, and it has stretched to other portions of the game, does anyone have any thoughts on a means to fix this problem?? Any tweak I have to do to adjust the settings perchance??? All thoughts welcome, thank you.

Kuna15
12-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Chances are that you don't have proper PF version to play missions you have downloaded. Check your game version and compare it with required version from README.

VW-IceFire
12-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Which mission package? That sounds very strange...missions have NOTHING to do with the sounds at all. Something isn't right...

Riper-Snifle
12-17-2005, 04:39 PM
I have version 4.02m installed, i just checked the site and the file said AEP 2.04 so it may very well be a compatibility issue (which I find odd). here is a link to the page http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/listings.ph...e_number=2&cat_id=23 (http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/listings.php?page_number=2&cat_id=23) the file is the last one, it has 91 missions in it. The missions run fine, but the vioce communicatinos come in screwed up. Is unistalling the files the only fix or is there another way??

Kuna15
12-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Does every mission you play (regardless of being QMB campaign or stock single player) have corrupted voice files and if not all which ones are corrupted (German, Russian, Netherlands ... ?)?

Like @ IF said, I also don't see any relation between missions and voice packs.

Chances were that you could perhaps try to run NL voice packs with AEP for example and that wouldn't have worked; but since you have all updates neccesary... I don't know.

VW-IceFire
12-17-2005, 10:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riper-Snifle:
I have version 4.02m installed, i just checked the site and the file said AEP 2.04 so it may very well be a compatibility issue (which I find odd). here is a link to the page http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/listings.ph...e_number=2&cat_id=23 (http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/listings.php?page_number=2&amp;cat_id=23) the file is the last one, it has 91 missions in it. The missions run fine, but the vioce communicatinos come in screwed up. Is unistalling the files the only fix or is there another way?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Okie dokie...thats my mission pack actually http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And all of those missions are still installed on my machine and still run fine under 4.02m. On except a few with the B-25J...they changed the AI when PF came out and I've never gotten around to fixing that.

My mission pack contains no sounds, no sound files, and no changes to anything that would have anything to do with sounds. So are you absolutely sure that this has been happening only after installing? Because I don't think thats possible...

Another question...how many single or offline campaign missions were you playing beforehand? Which nationalities? Are only certain voices screwed up? Need to isolate and then identify the problem.

I'm doubting that the pack caused the problem as I have said before...but I'm quite willing to see if we can figure out how this has happened.

I highly suspect at this point that some voices were corrupted prior to this and my pack exposes voices that you may not have been using for a good long while. I don't know...I can only guess.

Possibly you've got some file corruption going on...

Saunders1953
12-17-2005, 10:34 PM
IceFire, Great mission pack! I still haven't gotten through all of them since I downloaded it last Spring. I haven't had any sound trouble with any of them either.

Skycat_2
12-21-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm going with the guess that the 'squealing' voices are heard when playing RAF missions. The RAF speech pack was a community project made after AEP was released and then put into PF as the standard; if you're new to PF but familiar with FB/AEP, and hadn't installed the custom RAF pack before PF, then you may not have experienced the unique quality of that pack -- there is static, squealing, engine coughs and other sound effects incorporated with the speech samples.

Additionally there is the Dutch speechpack that was new in one of the PF patches. I think this pack was similarly filtered to sound more authentic. Basically what I am saying is that what you are hearing may be correct for the speech pack for the nation you are flying. They aren't as clean sounding as the stock Russian, German and American English packs.