PDA

View Full Version : Valk full rework needed? What would everyone like to see changed/implemented

jordan-tanton
02-19-2018, 07:44 PM
I mained valk when the game came out, got her to rank 5 during season one and didnt really touch her after that to play other characters etc.

I thought as its double XP atm I would try and get a few of my characters to higher ranks.

I thought id try get a few reps on Valk as I havent played her for months. But to cut this rambling short as Im going on she is pretty much the most limited character in the game in terms of move set, recovery and how easily she gets punished IMO.
She definitely needs a full rework, shes currently quite boring to play compared to other characters as well because of those factors.

In all honesty Im interested to hear what people would like her rework to consist of?

Armegedon1208
02-19-2018, 08:01 PM
I'm glad other people agree that she desperately needs help

BTTrinity
02-19-2018, 08:10 PM
I dont play Valk but can agree shes not in a good place and hope shes among the next few to get a rework/balance pass.

Knight_Raime
02-19-2018, 08:19 PM
tbh I think she's like highlander. in that her base kit is fine. it just needs minor tuning.
I think she needs to be less punishable.
Have one more combo.
shoulder pin be more consistent.

and that's it.

Warbyte-
02-19-2018, 08:35 PM
i believe she will get reworks soon,considering they change lots of attacks from light to heavy(berserkers zone,kensei side dodge attack etc)

İ mean giving all these changes and leaving Valk out where all of her attacks are parry to heavy moves would be very low...

mrmistark
02-19-2018, 10:20 PM
Honestly, her only two problems that I see that SIGNIFICANTLY limits her is that she is too punishable for highly telegraphed moves and her 2nd light attack is too easily blocked making her sweep/bash mix-ups ect. (The things that actually make her not a complete waste) A little too difficult.

For this I’d only make minor changes:

-probably just speed up her CC or alternatively make her sweep and/or bash cancelable

- make sweep in chain rather than end of chain possibly

Honestly not sure exactly what she needs. These are just some ideas, not even sure how I feel about them, but she needs to be handled carefully I think. She doesn’t need anything huge as a small tweak to her kit can make that huge difference without destroying her current identity, the problem is it would be easy to over or under do the changes.

Armegedon1208
02-19-2018, 10:28 PM
If they made it so that blocking her lights didn't end her chains. And halved the amount of free gb you can get on her I think she would be in a good spot. Add a solid Way for her to secure executes beyond gb and she will be up to par with most of the other heroes

We.the.North
02-20-2018, 12:08 AM
Those 3 changes would make valkyrie quite good :

#1 : Remove all the free guardbreak on her whenever your opponent blocks a dodge attack.

#2 : Add a Light --> Heavy chain where the heavy can be soft feinted into a shield bash.

#3 : Spear sweep should also catch people trying to dodge sideways. Only backdodging should make you avoid the sweep. That ... or spearsweep should ALWAYS work on character even if they have hyper armor or revenge. I can't count the number of time my spear sweep just whiffed through someone. Meanwhile in centurion world .......

Tyrjo
02-20-2018, 05:17 PM
I proposed this a while back:

A Light-Heavy-Light chain. This will make her attacks timings less predictable and you can feint the second heavy into shield crush for additional mix up.
Pouncing Thrust can come from all directions, not just top. This will make it less predictable. The cancel from Shield Tackle will actually be useful.
Slightly less stamina intense move set cost for sustained mix ups.
Pouncing Thrust and Hunter's Strike are no longer punishable with GB on block.
Basic Light Dmg 12 -> 13
Second Chain Light Dmg 18 -> 17
Stun effect on Shield Tackle removed.
Stun effect on Sheld Crush added.