PDA

View Full Version : My time with the Conqueror

LionHeart XXII
02-19-2018, 07:13 PM
Hey Guys,

So I've been playing the Conq since the Alpha and have up to Rep 13, so pretty decent, but not master. That being said, I was wanting to give my thoughts on the reworks.

I think overall he is way more versatile, he has a few different ways to open up an opponent. Which was a major flaw before the rework.

He can straight up shield bash (Although I try not to Spam this as it can be a little cheesey)

He can cancel a heavy into a shield bash. (This is cool, but with how slow it is has minimal uses.)

He can Cancel a heavy into a full guard mode. (This is my new favorite thing to do! although If a person is turtling, it makes this harder to do).

However, I think by far, his greats change is the speed of his light attacks and the fact that they can be infinitely chained. Especially against lower skilled players. I can often get away with a shield bash and then 2-3 light attack pretty regularly. Although, I gotta say, I also feel kinda cheap utilizing this tactic.

One thing I still have a hard time dealing with is assassin's with their side dodge attacks. It seems like they happen too fast for a GB and they also seem to happen too fast for a full guard stance as well. But perhaps I still need more practice.

But how are you guys experiencing the Conqueror? How has it been facing them and how has it been using them for all the other Conq Mains?

Vrbas1
02-19-2018, 07:49 PM
I think he's in a great place. I don't think any of his SB moves are spam in the slightest, especially compared to the trash many other heroes can dish out (fair is fair right?)

I don't like he can't block while charging his heavy (or that it's interrupted). This is my only complaint.

Roseguard_Cpt
02-20-2018, 06:24 PM
Conq isn't my main but I've gotten him to rep 9 and I personally love the rework. He has tools to generally help in most matchups.
Against assassins like PK I throw a heavy startup and immediately cancel into full-guard if I know they're going to dodge attack. You've gotta be quick on it and have it predicted, which is a bit difficult at first, but possible against most assassins (need to test it against shaman spins still)

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-20-2018, 06:47 PM
The one thing I hate is there are now Conquerors everywhere. Before it was just me it felt like. Now I have more cousins, nephews, nieces and other relatives than I care to count.

LionHeart XXII
02-20-2018, 07:27 PM
The one thing I hate is there are now Conquerors everywhere. Before it was just me it felt like. Now I have more cousins, nephews, nieces and other relatives than I care to count.

Haha, totally. I think that's one of the things that originally drew me to main the conq in the first place, the fact that there were hardly any other conq mains.

UbiJurassic
02-20-2018, 10:50 PM
Thanks for sharing the feedback, LionHeart XXI, and also for opening it to discussion from others! We're pretty happy with all the feedback players have been providing on the reworks and how excited players have been to pick up these older characters. :)