PDA

View Full Version : Three things that DO NOT make sense -> Need to change!

MrGrippz
02-19-2018, 05:45 PM
Now, I could go on for a while about how the new fighting mechanics are frustrating for Season 5. Honestly getting very sick of the changes with every update. However I will allow myself time to get used to them rather than complain right here.

Three things that SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED in this game.

#1 - Jumping attacks that can be feinted. Why don't you just give people super powers to shoot ice beams and fireballs and lightning storms too?! I thought the game was supposed to be realistic and in REALITY you cannot jump in the air for an attack and cancel mid-flight to quickly land back on the ground. It's really really really stupid that this was ever a thing.

#2 - Ties in with the first. Centurion SHOULD NOT have tracking on his jumping attack. Why if I dodge to the side does he turn IN MID-FLIGHT like a friggin heat-seeking missile to hit me??? That should be easily dodged. It makes no sense, what so ever.

#3 - Highlander shouldn't be able to swing that huge friggin sword so fast. His attacks are WAY too fast. It's like while he's running he's slow as crap but OH NO go into guardlock mode to fight and his 50lb zweihander whips around like a katana. Again, makes no sense man.

First two are the most important cuz it is literally impossible in a physics stand point.

MrGrippz
02-19-2018, 05:48 PM
Side note - Gladiator should be able to counter guard break after missed toe stabs or skewers. He gets punished way too much with guaranteed guard breaks. He's the slowest attacker of all assassins and his shield shouldn't even be there cuz it offers ZERO extra defense. Really wish they would slightly improve some of his mechanics cuz he's my favorite character but he's not the champion he should be!!

NHLGoldenKnight
02-19-2018, 05:51 PM
I don't agree with your Highlander observation. His type of sword is mostly known as Claymore and average weight of Claymore is 5 to 6 lbs which is around 2.5 to 3 kg. It is nowhere near 50 lbs.

Tyrjo
02-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Play a little Highlander and come back later if you still think his heavies are fast. ;)

Alustar.
02-19-2018, 06:01 PM
Lmao, this post. First off, gap closes can only be cancelled in the start up animation, the way you make it sound is that heroes see leaping then stopping short mid air, and that's not true.

Number 2 is probably the only logical complaint you have.

Number three: back to stupid, highlander is one of for honors. Most predictable characters, if you are having problems with this hero, you need more practice.

Number 4 is just as bad as 2, gladiator is really one of the stronger assassin heroes kit wise.

Cliff_001
02-19-2018, 06:06 PM
First point I agree pk has to commit why doesn't shaman.

Second point somewhat agree should be a little bit of tracking but not to the amount of conq's shield bash.

Third point speed doesn't bother me so much its the amount of damage he does with it being hyper armor. A good highlander is almost godlike in 4v4s now.

EvoX.
02-19-2018, 06:10 PM
This post makes almost no sense.

Vakris_One
02-19-2018, 06:20 PM
Now, I could go on for a while about how the new fighting mechanics are frustrating for Season 5. Honestly getting very sick of the changes with every update. However I will allow myself time to get used to them rather than complain right here.

#1 - Jumping attacks that can be feinted. Why don't you just give people super powers to shoot ice beams and fireballs and lightning storms too?! I thought the game was supposed to be realistic and in REALITY you cannot jump in the air for an attack and cancel mid-flight to quickly land back on the ground. It's really really really stupid that this was ever a thing.
Well this game isn't meant to be super realistic and actually people can create a lightning storm, grow ice on their bodies and sprout wings made of fire in this game :)

Secondly, only Aramusha and Shaman can cancel a jump attack far as I know and it's just the way the animation goes. If they coded every animation for 100% realism this would be a very different game. Some people can live with this or even prefer it, for others it's not their cup of tea. To each their own.

#2 - Ties in with the first. Centurion SHOULD NOT have tracking on his jumping attack. Why if I dodge to the side does he turn IN MID-FLIGHT like a friggin heat-seeking missile to hit me??? That should be easily dodged. It makes no sense, what so ever.
Cent's heat seaking tracking has been nerfed previously. The guy has the same level of basic tracking as most other characters who do jump attacks. Just don't dodge too early. Wait for him to be in the air and then dodge out of the way. It's all about getting the timing right.

#3 - Highlander shouldn't be able to swing that huge friggin sword so fast. His attacks are WAY too fast. It's like while he's running he's slow as crap but OH NO go into guardlock mode to fight and his 50lb zweihander whips around like a katana. Again, makes no sense man.
You find Highlander attacks are too fast???

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1396/76/1396768779631.png

The only attack he has that is actually fast is his OS light. Other than that he has some of the game's slowest attacks dude.

First two are the most important cuz it is literally impossible in a physics stand point.
Again, this game was never designed to be super realistic.

Side note - Gladiator should be able to counter guard break after missed toe stabs or skewers. He gets punished way too much with guaranteed guard breaks. He's the slowest attacker of all assassins and his shield shouldn't even be there cuz it offers ZERO extra defense. Really wish they would slightly improve some of his mechanics cuz he's my favorite character but he's not the champion he should be!!
"Gets punished too often" is a learn 2 play issue not an issue with the character. His buckler is more for offense than defence.

"Slowest assassin"
"Improve his mechanics"
"Not the champion he should be"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B61EaGZCMAEvZi8.jpg

Dude...

High-Horse
02-19-2018, 07:50 PM

Umm Glad is fine, like the template of balance for this game. Its attacks, especially heavy feint recovery, are some of the fastest in the game. You can't even GB their parry attempt because the heavy startup is so fast.

If the enemy is GBing your toestabs and skewers, it's time to adapt. GB their dodge, or Light attack their GB attempt, anything besides trying and failing the same thing. Glad is amazingly versatile, but it won't beat the game for you.

BTTrinity
02-19-2018, 07:58 PM

Pretty sure Aramusha feinting his lunge makes sense, im 100% certain I can jump at you with a katana and not swing it lol.

#2 I agree with, that move and all of the charge moves like stampede charge on raider and warlord.

Something that makes no sense that Ive always wanted fixed.... Shinobi, and Centurion not being able to cancel their zone attacks.

Knight_Raime
02-19-2018, 08:11 PM
1) if jumping attacks are not feintable they're useless in majority of cases.

2) for honor is not a realistic title nor has it ever claimed to be. All moves were overexadurated by theatrical people in a mocap suit to make things more entertaining from a spectator perspective.
you've clearly never actually read into the history of any of these factions IRL or read up/taken any sort of classes on combat if you think for honor is anything close to realism.

3) every move in this game has tracking. charge attacks are more noticable because of the longer animation. try to properly time your dodge. if something is tracking you dodged early.

BTTrinity
02-19-2018, 08:16 PM
1) if jumping attacks are not feintable they're useless in majority of cases.

2) for honor is not a realistic title nor has it ever claimed to be. All moves were overexadurated by theatrical people in a mocap suit to make things more entertaining from a spectator perspective.
you've clearly never actually read into the history of any of these factions IRL or read up/taken any sort of classes on combat if you think for honor is anything close to realism.

3) every move in this game has tracking. charge attacks are more noticable because of the longer animation. try to properly time your dodge. if something is tracking you dodged early.

My issue isnt timing dodges or anything. Its that those moves, are LITERALLY UNPUNISHABLE in 4v4's and lead to a very bad experience when your enemy is a team of 2 raiders and 2 conqs spamming their sprinting knockdowns.

Knight_Raime
02-19-2018, 08:17 PM
My issue isnt timing dodges or anything. Its that those moves, are LITERALLY UNPUNISHABLE in 4v4's and lead to a very bad experience when you have a team of 2 raiders and 2 conqs spamming their sprinting knockdowns.

to me that sounds more like a hero stacking issue than a move issue.

BTTrinity
02-19-2018, 08:22 PM
to me that sounds more like a hero stacking issue than a move issue.

Even just 1 person doing it, makes the fights extremely cheesy, if you watch "High level" gameplay, literally all these "Top tier" players try to do is unlock and spam these cheesy moves because they're so safe to use. On top of that, they hardly have to be moving to do it, I've seen Conqs basically standing still, do a full spin and knock me on the ground with a shield bash.

But yes, hero stacking exacerbates that issue MASSIVELY.

Knight_Raime
02-19-2018, 08:23 PM
Even just 1 person doing it, makes the fights extremely cheesy, literally, if you watch "High level" gameplay, all these "Top tier" players try to do is unlock and spam these cheesy moves because they're so safe to use. On top of that, they hardly have to be moving to do it, I've seen Conqs basically standing still, do a full spin and knock me on the ground with a shield bash.

oh yeah insta stampede/running bash is bad.
But I don't think the moves when used as intended are a problem.

BTTrinity
02-19-2018, 08:25 PM
oh yeah insta stampede/running bash is bad.
But I don't think the moves when used as intended are a problem.

Yeah, I think I'd be able to deal with it... if these mofos couldnt pretty much initiate it from neutral.

Knight_Raime
02-19-2018, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I think I'd be able to deal with it... if these mofos couldnt pretty much initiate it from neutral.

I personally can't manage to make it happen consistently. But I could just be bad. I do think it along side rolls and assassin back dashes are probably the biggest remaining issues at this point barring reworks.

MrGrippz
02-21-2018, 11:20 PM
Thanks for all the valuable input fellas.

[/end_sarcasm.exe]

This is my opinion and it's how I feel. I liked the ORIGINAL game because it felt like it was supposed to be super realistic. Lets get rid of stamina if it's not supposed to be realistic lol.

Don't know how to respond to a lot of the ish yall puttin out but I'll agree to disagree.

4v4s are not fun anymore... in the OG game you could survive or fight off... now you can't dodge out of anything cuz of the distance of attacks from Kensei's and Highlander's. The game is just losing a lot of it's fun & therefore losing it's appeal to try to play at all.

#14 Gladiator in the world for player kills, top 20 for FHTR score. So miss me with the "he's not that good" ish cuz I've played since open beta and I can put in my work. Everyone has bad days but I waited to play the new update for a little while before posting this.

Knight_Raime
02-21-2018, 11:59 PM
Thanks for all the valuable input fellas.

[/end_sarcasm.exe]

This is my opinion and it's how I feel. I liked the ORIGINAL game because it felt like it was supposed to be super realistic. Lets get rid of stamina if it's not supposed to be realistic lol.

Don't know how to respond to a lot of the ish yall puttin out but I'll agree to disagree.

4v4s are not fun anymore... in the OG game you could survive or fight off... now you can't dodge out of anything cuz of the distance of attacks from Kensei's and Highlander's. The game is just losing a lot of it's fun & therefore losing it's appeal to try to play at all.

#14 Gladiator in the world for player kills, top 20 for FHTR score. So miss me with the "he's not that good" ish cuz I've played since open beta and I can put in my work. Everyone has bad days but I waited to play the new update for a little while before posting this.

You can feel however you like. Doesn't change that the game was never realistic and was never marketed as such. It's something you'll have to either accept or let go.
I'll have to disagree on the 4v4 comment. I struggled as much as I did in back then as I do now with 4v4. there is more heros with more unblockables sure. But back then a stacked team of warlords was just as annoying to deal with in my opinion.

For honor tracker isn't a good measure for anything since stats can be inflated and they don't count custom matches or AI matches. Not saying you're bad. just saying stat pulling doesn't work in this case.

ArchDukeInstinct
02-22-2018, 03:04 AM

But that's like the whole point of a video game, dude. To let you do stuff you could never do in real life.

PanzerShrekonin
02-22-2018, 03:24 AM
I honestly think Highlanders overhand attacks should be faster. Cause weight + Gravity=SUPER SPEED. That sword is gonna come down like a ****ing guillotine.

Jiblet2017
02-22-2018, 05:24 AM
Lmao, this post. First off, gap closes can only be cancelled in the start up animation, the way you make it sound is that heroes see leaping then stopping short mid air, and that's not true.

To be fair, aramusha's forward dash attack (with top guard) can be feinted while he is in the air (albiet just barely) - hence it's value for feinting it into a gb/different attack.

Other than that I don know if any other character that can feint while in the air.

Arekonator
02-22-2018, 05:28 AM
I honestly think Highlanders overhand attacks should be faster. Cause weight + Gravity=SUPER SPEED. That sword is gonna come down like a ****ing guillotine.
You know thats not how gravity works, right?

Jiblet2017
02-22-2018, 05:32 AM

To over-avbreviate, weight has little to do with the speed of a downward swing. Ignoring air resistance, all weapons would accelerate at 3.9m/s(squared) plus speed of the swing which exceeds this rate. In fact, A small weapon would be able to be swung downwards faster because there is less inertia -allowing the arm (And weapon) to accelerate past the speed of gravity

Source - I used to do all of the maths.

You beat me to it good sir.

Card1acArrest
02-22-2018, 07:39 AM
all items come down from above with the same G force acceleration mate. :)

Monstrous-
02-22-2018, 07:48 AM
Lmao did I actually just hear someone unironically say the 2nd slowest character in the game is "too fast"

RenegadeTX2000
02-22-2018, 07:00 PM

LOL! on that note... Back to reddit

Alustar.
02-22-2018, 08:02 PM

If we aren't careful, this could easily turn into a debate over a "flat earth"...