PDA

View Full Version : Quit at start of game if you see shaman.

NinjaRonin85
02-19-2018, 03:13 PM
If ubisoft want to make classes op to make steel sales why should we play along, if theses kids can only win playing shaman and ganking we should all just quit the match in the 30 second window until ubisoft nerf that b***h.

Will they want to keep playing shaman if everyone just quits?

Charmzzz
02-19-2018, 03:18 PM
I have no problems dealing with Shaman. If they kill me it was my fault. Everything in their moveset is reactable und punishable. I am playing mostly OG Characters (PK and Warden) and one DLC Character (Gladiator).

You are acting like a kid more than people playing Shaman...

Alustar.
02-19-2018, 03:55 PM
Lol, these threads kill me. Also makes me glad to be paying shaman.
She's not nearly as OP as the fortune would lead you to believe. Trust me kid, refusing to learn her move set is only going to make you less capable of defending against her. She's not likely to recurve much more in the way of nerfs.

Card1acArrest
02-19-2018, 04:26 PM
Hi NinjaRonin,
dont listen to them, they have played hundreds of hours and dont feel your pain.

What I recommend to do is to play vs the level 3 Shaman bot. In the beginning you will get slaughtered. After 1-2 hours it gets better. I still am not able to block her ranged jump attack much at all, i think it bugs or my PC/whatever indicates wrongly.

Also, when she starts her slow heavies, they very often lead into a feint of a bleed hit or similar. You may hit her with a light in that timeframe for example.

As for the bite attack, it more or less always happens when you got bleed on. So just be ready to dodge when you got bleed.

You are supposed to be able to parry the second light hit consistently too (2 lights in a row on same side), but I hardly ever manage that by some reason. Probably lack of muscle memory.

Good luck, and dont worry about Alustar and Charmzzz, they forgot what it means to be struggling with parts of the game.

BTTrinity
02-19-2018, 04:34 PM
I have mixed feelings about Shaman, on one hand I hate her... shes FAR TO EASY to play, and really disincentivizes me from playing a class that I put over 50 hours into mastering her one move (Nobushi- Hidden Stance) knowing someone else can hop on, and play Shaman for an hour and do ANYTHING that Nobushi can do with half the effort.

On the other hand, these DLC heroes are kind of my light at the end of the tunnel because I'm hoping all the original characters will have a FULL MOVESET that is viable across ALL LEVELS of play like Shaman, Glad, Shinobi... but when they start nerfing things that dont need to be nerfed (ie: Nobushi's light attacks, the worst and easiest lights to deal with in the entire game) it adds to that disincentive and really dims that light.

In 4v4's I might agree with the post (To an extent) Not having a Shaman on your team puts you at a disadvantage if the enemy has one due to her extremely safe and spam-able cc, extremely strong ledging capabilities, and the best survivability out of all the Assassins.

In 1v1's I disagree, when you're able to focus on the Shaman and dont have to worry about her 3 other teammates interrupting your punish shes not that big of a deal.

Honestly, shes the same as Lawbringer and Nobushi when it comes to being GOOD at 1v1's but GODLIKE at 4v4's. Id say shes slightly better than those two in 1v1's though, due to her having more than 1 or 2 viable moves in her kit.

EvoX.
02-19-2018, 04:41 PM
You are supposed to be able to parry the second light hit consistently too (2 lights in a row on same side), but I hardly ever manage that by some reason.

You can't parry or block the second light if her first light hits you, like the Warden's side light. You probably meant her zone, which she can switch to a dagger stab in any direction after the second hit.

Good luck, and dont worry about Alustar and Charmzzz, they forgot what it means to be struggling with parts of the game.

They get wrecked too, they just don't complain on the forums.

No0b.Nr.1
02-19-2018, 04:48 PM
The Problem of Shaman is acutally her " WILD CAT RAGE ".
the only thing u can do is to block ! close to 0 chance to parry ( AT LEAST ON PC, it come like a instant attack, the RED thing which show u the attack is coming ,appear too late for some reason , maybe its becaus of laggs and will not be the case when dedicated come out )
Everythingelse of her is kinda ok, i mean dodge attack, feint to grab or feint to raven claw or raven beak r not that hard of thing to deal with
Maybe the predator hunger ( mercy ) is kinda too much for an assassin , becaus she as assassin can push u against wall or push to ledge. I mean i see orochi,s throw distance and her , its just funny !
I dont know but if i really see 3 shaman in 1 team, i quit for sure too ! its just too bad for the game !!

Jiblet2017
02-19-2018, 04:59 PM
While I think shaman needs some tweaks and is strong, she is certainly manageable (but for the love of god, fix the bugged wildcat rage indicator UBI!!!)

That being said, leaving matches hurts your team/self and is a good way to get a ban. I would reccomend hanging in there to face shaman and try to stay calm - facing her (or playing her) is a great way to better understand her kit.

When centurion was released I felt pure rage. My poor nobushi was getting decimated in 1.5 combos. Then I played him till rep 3 and finally understood that eating a 25 damage heavy was well worth not getting GB'd into the wall combo of death. After a while I was blocking/parrying his heavies and avoiding GB. Now I feel bad for my old nemesis as he has fallen on hard times.

Hang in there and look at learning new kits as a FUN challenge. If the Devs feel she is out of line, they will act accordingly.

No0b.Nr.1
02-19-2018, 05:08 PM
While I think shaman needs some tweaks and is strong, she is certainly manageable (but for the love of god, fix the bugged wildcat rage indicator UBI!!!)

That being said, leaving matches hurts your team/self and is a good way to get a ban. I would reccomend hanging in there to face shaman and try to stay calm - facing her (or playing her) is a great way to better understand her kit.

When centurion was released I felt pure rage. My poor nobushi was getting decimated in 1.5 combos. Then I played him till rep 3 and finally understood that eating a 25 damage heavy was well worth not getting GB'd into the wall combo of death. After a while I was blocking/parrying his heavies and avoiding GB. Now I feel bad for my old nemesis as he has fallen on hard times.

Hang in there and look at learning new kits as a FUN challenge. If the Devs feel she is out of line, they will act accordingly.

My boi, i actually have not the big problem with shaman in 1v1, since i play like many hours vs lvl 3 bot. But its just a bullsheeet u r in duel ( 4v4 ,dominion ) with let me say warden or raider, which need a lot of focus ,
Then from nothing ( becaus of invisible feat , which is kinda ok for shinobi or peacekeeper ) u see an attack raining to u, u react and block it, then u see the reason of it, a shaman, ok no problem , a hero like others, THEN the faaaaaking predator hunger begins, 1 after 1 after 1 , u dodge one the second hit u since u still in duel with raider or warden. A wall? ok gg, raider one hit to zone , tones of damage , And what shaman did as assassin? not killing one but sicking around. And if there is 2, most of gangfight end to this. And if u lose the first gang fight and these 2 shamans begin with their traps so called feats , and make the zone to a landmine-zone ( i know u see this things and its easy to deal with them actually but when u face 1 or 2 enemy where there r some shaman as well , u dont look down but to the shaman for the case she would come with predator sheet again. ) i mean its just too bad combination what she got, maybe not for a duel but for team-mode like dominion for SURE !

The_B0G_
02-19-2018, 06:12 PM
Her leap attack speed are kind of ridiculous, she covers 15 feet from a stopped position in half a second, and her throw distance needs to come down.

Devils-_-legacy
02-19-2018, 07:12 PM
(That being said, leaving matches hurts your team/self and is a good way to get a ban.) I'm calling bs if he used the 30s grace period like he said it's completely allowed to leave as many games as he wants at least hes not doing it at the end of the match.
Tbf I even do it when the enemy's a pre made and we're all randoms and one man down but I don't think ubisoft will do anything as the majority don't really see a issue any big issues with shaman maybe a few minor tweeks

bannex19
02-19-2018, 07:43 PM
Her move set is fine, she needs to do significantly less damage on all her attacks. She should be working as hard as a warlord to kill somebody

PDXGorechild
02-19-2018, 08:19 PM
“I struggle with this class so I’m going to suggest everyone boycott games with her out of spite, hoping this dissuades people from choosing it in future”

Never gonna happen mate. You’re not the first one to suggest it either. I know she can be frustrating, but take a deep breath, and play against the level 3 Shaman bot for a few hours.

Knight_Raime
02-19-2018, 08:22 PM
You know I would love to see what this kind of logic translates into in real life.
Like just getting up and walking away in the middle of a debate.
Or just making false claims along with personal attacks.
would be hilarious to see.

BTTrinity
02-19-2018, 08:31 PM
Her leap attack speed are kind of ridiculous, she covers 15 feet from a stopped position in half a second, and her throw distance needs to come down.

Yeah, on top of having the fastest gap closer... They make it so she can attack at any direction during the lunge, I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish but if it was making every other gap closer obsolete than they did a pretty good job.

Seriously, now why cant the rest of the assassins attack from any direction while lunging? (I'm not complaining out of bias for my assassin, I play shinobi, the one with no gap closer or dodge attacks)

NinjaRonin85
02-19-2018, 09:09 PM
I will try some duels with a friend playing shaman, I still think she is too good at everything and takes no skill to use.

I play on ps4 it's harder than pc.

HazelrahFirefly
02-19-2018, 10:39 PM
Her range truly is her downfall, something I only started to believe a few weeks ago, after season 4 ended.

I fight her in a very simple matter and have been doing well. Back up, let her whiff something, and then smack her. Once she's hit, unless you got something guaranteed to follow up with, back up again. Don't leap back or roll, just walk.

Yes, a smart one will began to jump at you in one of two ways, but learning to counter two moves is easier than the entire game's kit.

PanzerShrekonin
02-19-2018, 10:43 PM
I play exclusively brawls pretty much. So, the way I handle seeing someone playing OP/cancerous classes is, just team them.

PK, Shinobi, Glad, Shaman. If I see any of these four trollish and cancerous classes, I just team them. No mercy. You cant expect to play these characters and not get salt. You know what you are doing. xD

JadeBosson.
02-20-2018, 03:37 AM
or you could always just kill the shaman player lol

when I was playing shaman peacekeepers were kicking my *** lol so I was like well crap (and didn't go peace keeper OP plz NERF!!!)
so i'd either avoid them or gank them or just accept my fate lol

but then today I was like maybe I should learn peace keeper so I can counter her and boom that's what I did and because ik how shaman works I can destroy them with ease and the same way around I can destroy peacekeepers with shaman

so basically what I'm trying to say is Git Gud and stop complaining

Alustar.
02-20-2018, 03:52 AM
Threads like this make me want to jump back in and play my shaman... >_>

Vakris_One
02-20-2018, 04:07 AM
https://i.redd.it/mdwzddngmczz.png

https://i.redd.it/6nfe7ebd0uvz.jpg

http://themightychallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/elegant-flipping-table-meme-rage-quit-on-tinychat-table-flip-by-tjrainbowlantern-on-flipping-table-meme.png

PanzerShrekonin
02-20-2018, 05:57 AM
https://i.redd.it/mdwzddngmczz.png

https://i.redd.it/6nfe7ebd0uvz.jpg

http://themightychallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/elegant-flipping-table-meme-rage-quit-on-tinychat-table-flip-by-tjrainbowlantern-on-flipping-table-meme.png

JFC. lol

GNG.DardyDard
02-21-2018, 02:07 AM
Spending time learning a character and countering their moveset effectively >>>> Complaining on the official forums because you're too shiet at the game to learn the moveset.

I have a distinct feeling of Centurion deja vu ;/

NinjaRonin85
02-21-2018, 02:28 AM
I know all the moves she has I'm rep 99 I can use shaman and it's an easy f***ing win vs any other hero, so don't give me the gid good crap, she craps on every other hero in the game, so many f***tards play that class as it's easy as f**k to win with just like it was with cent on release, on ps4 heavy classes are trash warlord is trash now, warden got nerfed so why not shaman, orochi got destroyed with nerfs, shaman is an assassin class that does everything better than the other classes, how the f**k is that not broken?.

UbiInsulin
02-21-2018, 02:31 AM
I'd like to make clear that it's totally okay to say the Shaman is OP or that you don't like playing against her. But encouraging players to quit when she comes up in matchmaking is not a good way to start the conversation, and takes us away from having an actual balance discussion. As I'm pretty convinced that this thread is not headed in a constructive direction, I'm opting to close it.