PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Career problem - HELP!!!

hutch1966
01-04-2006, 03:52 PM
I keep running into a problem in pilot career campaigns:
Every time the squadron is moved from one front to the other (i.e. the Kursk campaign is over and :after retraining‚‚ā¨¬Ě the unit is moved to Crimea), I am switched to Yak-9D, even though I started with a Cobra or La-5FN.
I try to choose a unit that flew Cobras (16 GvIAP) but it does not make any difference.
All I want is to go through the whole WW flying the same type of plane, while keeping my score. Any solutions?

hutch1966
01-04-2006, 03:52 PM
I keep running into a problem in pilot career campaigns:
Every time the squadron is moved from one front to the other (i.e. the Kursk campaign is over and :after retraining‚‚ā¨¬Ě the unit is moved to Crimea), I am switched to Yak-9D, even though I started with a Cobra or La-5FN.
I try to choose a unit that flew Cobras (16 GvIAP) but it does not make any difference.
All I want is to go through the whole WW flying the same type of plane, while keeping my score. Any solutions?

dieg777
01-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Hi hutch1966 an welcome

yes it is possible - you have to edit a text file in the campaigns folder- I cannot remember the exact way to do this and I am work but if no-one else replies I will try to find this out tomorrow and post back

EDIT found it here

see here for how to change at start of campaign

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m...601039043#6601039043 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/314103891/r/6601039043#6601039043)

also

Lazy312 wrote you can select planes for all parts of the campaign at the beginning.

You can later edit it in one of *.dat files in missions/campaign/ru/yourname.

this is what you asked for -

kvestion wrote

You can change your current aircraft in the Missions/Campaign/RU/DGen/Status. Enter new name, save and you're done.

Once the aircraft name is changed in the Status file, it takes effect from the next mission on. Meaning you'll fly your Plane for one last mission then you'll get your new aircraft. You will keep it till the next campaign starts, then you're back to what you chose in the beginning.

To edit the file, right-click instead of double-click, and select menu option "Open With" and then "Notepad"

you will need to copy the old aircraft name exactly

hutch1966
01-04-2006, 04:35 PM
thanks, i'll try that

Tully__
01-05-2006, 04:07 AM
When you start the campaign there's a chance to select plane type for each stage. Just remember to highlight the time period where you want the campaign to start after choosing types and before proceeding.