PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the Valk buff

Armegedon1208
02-19-2018, 04:39 AM
I mean with one of the lowest pick rates and being the hardest characters to land executes on and having the most punishes built into her own kit and the longest recovery times, when is valk getting fixed?

Tyrjo
02-19-2018, 09:29 AM
Hopefully soon. I proposed this a while back:

A Light-Heavy-Light chain. This will make her attacks timings less predictable and you can feint the second heavy into shield crush for additional mix up.
Pouncing Thrust can come from all directions, not just top. This will make it less predictable. The cancel from Shield Tackle will actually be useful.
Slightly less stamina intense move set cost for sustained mix ups.
Pouncing Thrust and Hunter's Strike are no longer punishable with GB on block.
Basic Light Dmg 12 -> 13
Second Chain Light Dmg 18 -> 17
Stun effect on Shield Tackle removed.
Stun effect on Sheld Crush added.

Armegedon1208
02-19-2018, 04:24 PM
Those are great ideas . My biggest issue with her right now is that She has so many self punishes. Miss a leg sweep , free gb. Dodge light gets blocked, free gb. Miss a shield crush or tackle, free gb. fix those give her a better reward for shoulder pin and her Superior light blocks, don't end her Chains when the lights are blocked and give her a decent way to secure executes and I think she'll be healthy.

Card1acArrest
02-19-2018, 04:42 PM
At my level of play, she is my best character. Rep 20-80 (total) in 4v4.
Get a trashing playing orochi? Always works to pull out the Valkyrie (rep10 at the moment).
But often it is because of the 4v4 players do not know the punishes i suspect.

In duels I guess you can get a lot of pain if you dare use the moves that gives a GB punish...

What I really miss is that after a charged shieldbash/jump with knockdown, I dont get off 2 lights to start a shield sweep.
At lower rep it was consistent. But I suspect that at high rep, the debuff resistance is so high that people get up just in time to autoblock the second light.
Do you have any experience or way to pull off 2 lights after knockdown?

PS: with the new parry changes, I guess I should use counterattack more. It can give a light damage and a follow up attack asap, instead of a parry and that light attack which takes a lot longer.
PPS: If you want more damage, try deflect+sidepounce. it is 40+ certain damage. I never get into the habit of deflects with Valkyrie, the timing is tricky.

EvoX.
02-19-2018, 04:45 PM
Valk is a remnant of For Honor at its worse. By far the clunkiest, slowest, most unrewarding and low-damage character in the game.

Desperately needs a full rework, way more than some suggested heroes like Warden do.