PDA

View Full Version : This game is broken

MonkeyKing3733
02-19-2018, 12:04 AM
I've been playing this game faithfully since day one in hopes that they would fix the game and slowly as the game progressed Ubisoft adds mechanics that make no sense. The game is called For Honor yet they keep updating cheap fighting mechanics like "faint" attacks but they're just fake out. I can't have an honorable fight if people are just pretending to swing with no penalty and my reflexes are throw out of the window because my timed party turns into a heavy. After this last update I almost had a brain aneurysm and broke a controller with the amount of ganks, fake out's and even fake out's while being ganked and I have no why to defend myself.

I'm not going to rant about every individual character and everything I feel is broken. I'm just upset that this game I fell in love with during the BETA turned into this breading ground for trolling, bullying, hate mail, and just all around a very toxic environment.

If you're not going to fix the game at least make a game mode turning all this cheap nonsense OFF so I can have a regular fight with people and feel like I have actual skill. Not feel cheated out of a fight because someone spammed fake out's and unblockables or threw me off a cliff.

Vakris_One
02-19-2018, 12:29 AM
Feinting has been in the game since day one dude. Same thing happens in real life sword fighting as well. It's not broken it's a legit game mechanic.Train your reflexes so that you are always ready to feint/cancel your own parry attempts and you won't have such a problem with feints baiting you out for a parry punish.

Kelson27
02-19-2018, 02:30 AM
Sorry bud, what your complaining about is a pretty solid game mechanic. Without it, there would be a lot of defensive players and not a whole lot of attacking going on. I suggest jumping into a couple duels or practice matches to get your head around it. If you're quick, you can also cancel your parry-turned-heavy and react to whatever might be coming at you next. Then move onto Brawl for the occasional 2 player gank, especially against bots - they teach the scummiest of practices. THEN jump into dominion for the absolute scummiest of scum plays from real people ;) They will bring a cheese grater and smother you in all sorts of light mozzarella. Then add some spam for a big dirty pizza you might want to learn how to avoid.

The_B0G_
02-19-2018, 02:50 AM
Even fist fights in real life, I feint punches all the time, if you go swinging for the fences with every punch, that's how you get knocked out.

Feinting is as much a part of fight as dodging, blocking and attacking.

EvoX.
02-19-2018, 03:02 AM
This game wouldn't be half of what it is without feints. Get used to them, they ain't going anywhere.

In fact, by the looks of things, even more hard to counter stuff is getting added. More unblockables, more soft feints, more barely reactable lights. It's not gonna get any easier.