PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/least favorite Dominion map?

DoodTheMan
02-18-2018, 04:04 AM
Simply put, what is the map you vote for all of the time? What map do you consider leaving the queue when you see it get upvoted?

I love High Fort, the running distance between A and C means you can't just ganksquad all day against intelligent players. There's lots of open areas for normal fights, but there's a lot of ledges in case you're having a bad day.
I can't stand Sanctuary Bridge. It's already a long Dom map, so it's easier for the team with strictly better fighting skills to dominate by just taking the other team's near zone. If your team is breaking B is way too close to A and C to clear without getting ganked, and the only path to the enemy team's zone can be ganked from B or even cut off with gates. Not a lot of room for strategy on this one.

Malzeigan
02-18-2018, 04:37 AM
high fort has been my fav since season 1. my least fav is also sanctuary bridge and the forge

BTTrinity
02-18-2018, 04:42 AM
Least favorite is the one with Ballistas, just more things to negate the concept of "Skill based fighting game". Forge is up there too.

Most favorite is probably.... temple garden or sanctuary bridge.

David_gorda
02-18-2018, 05:02 AM
Worst is the balista map because Of balistas, forge also bad because its so small. Citadel gate and river fort i like.

RenegadeRasta
02-18-2018, 06:18 AM
Freaking remove the Sentinel map for obvious reasons. I like all small maps.

Okita_Soji..
02-18-2018, 07:17 AM
I like temple the most due to the levels and spacing. High fort is also nice as it is spread out but I hate zone "c" and will not go there in pvp as all anyone wants is to ledge. I am the opposite on sentinel, I really do like it...fighting in a castle. I so like fighting in zone "b" with ballista's being fired at you. Sure it's a game of skill but it feels most like a war.

Battle fields were chaotic and I would love a map like in that old video floating around of pre game footage with catapults blowing up around you. Not as feats where you easily pick anywhere on the map and in 1 second you blow up. But maned stations that you fire from way out where you can't even see the enemy just launch in a direction. Imagine clearing a zone of 50 minions and you hear the sound of it launch. Looking up seeing a ball of fire flying thru the sky screeching as it soars. Noticing it shouldn't hit you where you stand you keep fighting and just off screen it lands and blows up causing the screen to shake and the controller to vibrate if your close enough. It would feel like a real battle.....can't wait for new maps once servers hit.

SangLong524
02-18-2018, 07:32 AM
Freaking remove the Sentinel map for obvious reasons. I like all small maps.
U can vote map, you know that? Or does it require too much energy?
the sentinel map can be sometimes so annoying, though. Especially when there are team shooters around.

Veerdin-Wraith
02-18-2018, 07:57 AM
I actually quite like Forge. Smaller map means that the game tends to move faster, and I enjoy the overall look of the map. River Fort is nice for the same reason, but Temple Garden is also great. I also have a soft spot for The Shard, simply because it's such a neat looking area.

As for "least" favorite? I gotta say I'm not a huge fan of Overwatch. Point A only has two positions to attack from and is super out of the way, so it doesn't see much activity, while Point C is surrounded by insta-death pits (I played Shinobi on it recently and literally killed 3 out of the 4 enemies by yanking them into the pits with the sickle throw attack.) I seldom enjoy playing this map. I'm also not really a fan of High Fort or Sanctuary Bridge, but not for any real reason in particular - They're just overplayed in my opinion.

I'm also not really sour on Sentinel, which seems to be on a lot of people's crap-list. The Ballistas can feel cheap sometimes, but I don't die to them nearly as often as some seem to.

Tyrjo
02-18-2018, 08:30 AM
Best: River Fort. Small, and well designed. Lot's of action.

Worst: Sentinel, because of the ballistas. Else, it's a good map.

Beyond.Giggity
02-18-2018, 08:41 AM
The Best for me would be Overwatch. The craziest fights for zones, and on this map you can camp at the top gates with your traps, grenades and win in a defensive way. Zone C is the ledgiest of zones, which is always fun. The worst is the forge: it's too linear and the design feels cheap, plain. Sentinel isn't bad without ballistas, just a little too big.

BTTrinity
02-18-2018, 01:07 PM
U can vote map, you know that? Or does it require too much energy?
the sentinel map can be sometimes so annoying, though. Especially when there are team shooters around.

I often forget, or dont get the time because im to busy customizing my character in between matches.

Helnekromancer
02-18-2018, 05:44 PM
Best for me is High Fort and Citadel Gate, I still hate the C zone on High Fort but it's a big opened map, that doesn't make me feel claustrophobic.

Worse map has to be a 3-way tie between Overwatch, Forge, and Sentinel.

+ Overwatch - For some odd reason my teammates *LOVE* to just brainlessly run back to that stupid zone with the pits, just to get pushed off while I have to maintain B and C.

+ Forge - Is the Nuketown of For Honor maps, whomever wins the first 3v4/4v4 gets all the zones and wait to kill you as you get out your spawn, 1 person waits at the B zone to pick up the runner and 3 sit on the zone closes to their spawn. The pure example of 0% comeback chance due to bad map design

+Sentinel - Ballistas that determine who wins the B zone. go to clear minions and either get shot by the enemy or trolling teammates.

marksierens
02-18-2018, 05:49 PM
NOT THAT I DISLIKE IT ITS JUST THE ONE I RATHER PLAY LESS IN, GOTTA BE THE STRAIGHT LINEAR JAPANESE ONE Xd

The_B0G_
02-18-2018, 06:06 PM
I actually love Sentinel map the most, but it does suck when people sit on the ballistas all match. The map itself is great, ballistas need to do less damage or have longer reload times at the very least, taken out completely otherwise.

Least favorite is Overwatch, I think its called. The one that C is completely surround by ledges and has direct access to B and can cut off A from both spawns. This map is very unbalanced and is just poorly designed, they need to add ladders or another way to get to A and from A to get to B. Fighting at C is just a GB/CGB battle, miss one GB and you're done.

FrappeWarrior
02-18-2018, 06:43 PM
Best - i dont know, several good maps i guess i'll have t ogo with citadel gate. i think it strikes the perfect balance between zise and paths

worst - Sentinel hands down. a map that promotes camping in a game like FH and you end up with a borefest 90% of the times

BTTrinity
02-18-2018, 08:03 PM
I actually love Sentinel map the most, but it does suck when people sit on the ballistas all match. The map itself is great, ballistas need to do less damage or have longer reload times at the very least, taken out completely otherwise.

Least favorite is Overwatch, I think its called. The one that C is completely surround by ledges and has direct access to B and can cut off A from both spawns. This map is very unbalanced and is just poorly designed, they need to add ladders or another way to get to A and from A to get to B. Fighting at C is just a GB/CGB battle, miss one GB and you're done.

I can agree with that, Sentinel is definitely a great map. Ballistas just ruin it.

UbiInsulin
02-18-2018, 11:46 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on the maps. I'll keep my eye on this thread. :)

Devils-_-legacy
02-19-2018, 01:04 AM
Senitiel I hate that map everyone just stands at the objectives from fear of the balista taking them out I'd love to see it removed Imo lol

The_B0G_
02-19-2018, 01:52 AM
Senitiel I hate that map everyone just stands at the objectives from fear of the balista taking them out I'd love to see it removed Imo lol

Oh agreed, I'd rather see it like it is in Deathmatch modes, the ballistas need to take a hike, if they were gone, I think the majority of players would consider it one of the top maps in the game.

King_of_games-SP
02-19-2018, 05:34 AM
I sanctuary bridge and forge for the same reason i dislike river fort, i prefer maps where each side has a sort of home base as opposed to all the zones being in the middle of the map allowing for sporadic zone swapping, tho i do enjoy the thrill of feeling as if my zones are never safe.

My favorite map is probably citadel gate. It might be nostalgia since its the original map but it still feels like one of the best designed maps. The zones arent full of ledges begging for cheese like the c zones on overwatch and high fort. The two 'home zones' have enough elevation and sight lines that a player can scan the battlefield to make informed decisions or relay better info to teammates while still boosting the zone.

The map i dislike most, in fact i would say i even hate this map, is definitely overwatch. The impact that zone c has on every other part of the battlefield is baffling.
Wanna go kill minions? Well anybody on zone c can quickly come and shut you down.
You wanna stop fighting over the ledge hell that is zone c and maybe move the dighting to zone a? Well you gotta go towards zone c before you can even try going to zone a.
Does your team have control of zone? Move to the upper bridge closest to their spawn. You have officially bottle necked the entire opposing team to either face the wall of you and your team at the stairs or try and push thru your minions at zone b just to be bombarded by feats before they fully take the zone.