PDA

View Full Version : Glad I bought this on sale!

i set fire
02-18-2018, 12:15 AM
Now I don't feel too ripped off.
I got this a few days ago and tried to play. Out of about 15 PVP matches, I completed 3. The rest I got disconnects. I was OK with getting rekt since I am just starting a year old game, but playing for 10 minutes, getting a dc and having no progress is ridiculous.
I came back today since I read there was an update. Played one match and it worked fine. Halfway through the second match... disconnect.
I knew I shouldn't have bought this game. Oh well, maybe I can get my money's worth from the campaign.

If anyone has an idea why I keep getting disconnected, I would appreciate it. I'm on Xbox. When I load FH, it says NAT open and it is in green.

CandleInTheDark
02-18-2018, 12:29 AM
The P2P system has had mixed success, some people barely ever disconnect, too many are in the same situation you are in.

But

On the 19th, dedicated servers roll out for the PC as on that platform the devs can make quick changes, when they have that as they want it, they will get them onto console as soon as they can. We had an open beta on those a month or so ago and they worked very well with few complaints. So at the moment we are hoping that the servers roll out pretty quickly past the initial 19th drop for PC date.

UbiInsulin
02-18-2018, 01:45 AM
On the 19th, dedicated servers roll out for the PC as on that platform the devs can make quick changes, when they have that as they want it, they will get them onto console as soon as they can. We had an open beta on those a month or so ago and they worked very well with few complaints. So at the moment we are hoping that the servers roll out pretty quickly past the initial 19th drop for PC date.

^ Yes. We'll be dropping the dates for dedicated servers on consoles as soon as possible, but right now all we can say is that they're coming to PC on the 19th.

i set fire
02-18-2018, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the replies. I tried a few more games and they worked well. Was fun even though I got destroyed :) Seems like the double XP weekend should coincide with the dedicated server launch though.
Perhaps instead of playing the game I will watch a few videos on tips and how the PVP works, play the campaign, and then wait for decent servers. Should be fun in a month or so!

BTTrinity
02-18-2018, 03:47 AM
Thanks for the replies. I tried a few more games and they worked well. Was fun even though I got destroyed :) Seems like the double XP weekend should coincide with the dedicated server launch though.
Perhaps instead of playing the game I will watch a few videos on tips and how the PVP works, play the campaign, and then wait for decent servers. Should be fun in a month or so!

Yeah, the game isnt very newbie friendly. (Most fighting games arent) but I say to play and learn with experience instead of watching videos, you'll definitely get a lot farther that way. (Though, with my experience in P2P, id say wait until dedicated servers drop before getting back into it.)

If you ever do need help with something specific, just throw a post up and ask away, and Ill be glad to help any way I can. (And many others, theres a select 5-7 people who are on here almost every day willing to discuss, not even counting the moderators) The forums have been a very helpful place for me (Even when venting/ranting lol)

Foosch
02-18-2018, 06:57 PM

Youtube "how to play" videos on the specific hero of your choice can be helpful.

Kelson27
02-19-2018, 03:46 AM

Hey for me double xp should be a celebration for every day ending in y 😀

In all seriousness though plug away and learn the ropes, this is one of those games I canít put down and it only gets better as time progresses - props to ubi. The upgrade to dedicated servers... I honestly hoped for but never expected, will be a game changer. Youíve also got a bit of time to jump in there now so when the servers are up you can actually enjoy them rather than Figuring out the mechanics.

i set fire
03-07-2018, 04:13 AM
To the above poster: I prefer learning by playing, but with constant disconnects that isn't possible. Plus I wanted to learn how the battles and stuff worked.

I have tried this game several times since I originally posted the topic. It is fun and I want to play it more even though I get destroyed. However, I was still having more games end in a dc than actually finish. Today, I saw that dedicated servers were introduced so I was eager to hop back on. First game, play half way through, and disconnect.
My topic still stands: I really enjoyed this game for the few minutes it worked, but it does not work. Glad I bought it on sale and don't have to feel ripped off for deleting it.
In case it helps Ubisoft: Xbox X with fiber optic 1gb connection.

Edit: I actually do feel ripped off - for time not money. The 20$ I spent on this game does not matter to me. The game did not appeal to me at launch so I did not buy it. It was on sale, I was drunk, the game was in my dl queue. My problem was that once I tried it, I actually really liked it, but I can't play it!

Kelson27
03-07-2018, 04:20 AM
That's a shame. I was under the impression there wouldn't be disconnects with the dedicated servers. I'll be jumping on tonight to feel the difference. Hopefully it's teething problems, given it's day one.

RoosterIlluzion
03-07-2018, 04:49 AM
To the above poster: I prefer learning by playing, but with constant disconnects that isn't possible. Plus I wanted to learn how the battles and stuff worked.

I have tried this game several times since I originally posted the topic. It is fun and I want to play it more even though I get destroyed. However, I was still having more games end in a dc than actually finish. Today, I saw that dedicated servers were introduced so I was eager to hop back on. First game, play half way through, and disconnect.
My topic still stands: I really enjoyed this game for the few minutes it worked, but it does not work. Glad I bought it on sale and don't have to feel ripped off for deleting it.
In case it helps Ubisoft: Xbox X with fiber optic 1gb connection.

Edit: I actually do feel ripped off - for time not money. The 20$ I spent on this game does not matter to me. The game did not appeal to me at launch so I did not buy it. It was on sale, I was drunk, the game was in my dl queue. My problem was that once I tried it, I actually really liked it, but I can't play it!

You can always go into how to play and practice with level 2 and 3 bots. They're more consistent than players, so you're sure to learn reaction times and moves better.

EDG_Avocado
03-08-2018, 02:54 AM
lucky you.. I bought it and the gold edition too lol, bad idea