PDA

View Full Version : Help with flight control prob. in pf+ace+fb

VELCRO_FLY
03-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Can someone help me with this. I am using a Saitek X45 flight stick and throttle. It worked great for about a month. Then one day the X/Y axis that controlls elevators and ailerons quit working. The rudder and all buttons work fine. When I go into hardware then input within the game the stick works fine, but then it will not work in the game. I tried a different stick but had the same outcome. I tried both sticks in a different game (Falcon 4.0) and they worked with no problems. I have recalibrated the stick, no help. I'm not sure what to do now, except uninstall and reinstall the game. I really would like to avoid that. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

VELCRO_FLY
03-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Can someone help me with this. I am using a Saitek X45 flight stick and throttle. It worked great for about a month. Then one day the X/Y axis that controlls elevators and ailerons quit working. The rudder and all buttons work fine. When I go into hardware then input within the game the stick works fine, but then it will not work in the game. I tried a different stick but had the same outcome. I tried both sticks in a different game (Falcon 4.0) and they worked with no problems. I have recalibrated the stick, no help. I'm not sure what to do now, except uninstall and reinstall the game. I really would like to avoid that. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

pourshot
03-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Make sure windows see's it as ID1

VELCRO_FLY
03-30-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "ID1", when I go into windows it shows my controller there with status okay. Could you explain what you mean?

pourshot
03-30-2005, 10:43 PM
When you use more than one controler windows will choose one as control ID1 the other as ID2 and so on.

control panel/game controlers/adavanced/ then select your prefered device. This happens to me after I use my wheel for driving games.

VELCRO_FLY
03-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought you meant. The problem is I only have 2 controllers, both flight sticks (X45 and Wingman Extreme) and both have the same problem. I will check out what you said, but I don't think that is it. I hope I'm wrong though, it's driving me nuts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

horseback
03-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Logically, if the sticks work fine in the other games you play, and show up okay when you click on the "Properties" tab in the Game Controllers dialog box, then the problem is in your game installation.

It is possible that your files have become corrupted, and a re-install is in order.

cheers

horseback

PS-try the Controls menu within the game, down in the HOTAS section, try re-setting your elevators, ailerons, rudder, etc. before re-installing.

Iron_Hand1
03-31-2005, 07:34 AM
http://airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm

This may help.

~S~

VELCRO_FLY
03-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I got the problem resolved. The simpilest solution is usually the best. I went into the control panel and sure enough my X/Y axis was not set in the HOTAS settings. I few clicks and I was back in business. I would've thought those would be defaulted. Anyway it's all good now. ~S~

VELCRO_FLY
03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
One more thing, Iron_Hand1 great link you put up for me. Good info there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
~S~