PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial mode?

Tonsiggy27
02-16-2018, 07:58 PM
In the extras menu there is an option to turn on and off tutorials.
I'm trying to learn the routine for the extreme songs but when I tick for tutorials to be on nothing changes in the game.
There doesn't seem to be a tutorial mode anywhere, but the option is there in the extras menu... can anyone offer any help?

greekphysics
02-20-2018, 08:44 PM
Are you referring to pictos? There is an option to turn pictos on and off. Pictos are the small pictures of dancers posed for each position. The pictos can help you remember which move is coming up, but not all of the pictos make the technique perfectly clear (and occasionally there is a subtle feature in the technique that seems to affect the scoring, but which the picto doesn't seem to make clear, but that's part of the challenge).

Personally, I prefer to turn the pictos off. I dance enough that I can generally remember the choreography. If anything, those pictos distract me when I should be focused on the rhythm, synchronization, and my full-body technique.

As for learning a new dance (or trying to improve upon a dance that I already know), I prefer to study video where I can use pause, rewind, and slow motion. You can find videos of the JD songs on YouTube, for example (or you can use your cell phone or digital camera with video capability to make your own). Many of the top dancers stream their dances, which allows them to compare the video of them dancing side by side the animated video.

I also find it helpful to practice trickier moves (or moves I'm consistently not scoring perfect on) in front of a mirror. (For those who may be relatively new to JD, learning how to hit superstars on all of the Unlimited dances is a great way to learn about the different varieties of things that various moves may be looking for. Once you have a sizeable knowledge base for the different kinds of things a particular move might be looking for, and the variety of things you can try doing differently, it helps to master the new dances.)

Good luck and happy dancing. :-)

Black_Widow9
02-23-2018, 09:16 PM
Great advice, greekphysics!

F0rest08
03-16-2019, 08:16 PM
How do you turn them back on, then? Is there a menu option?

Laurel11980
09-28-2019, 10:15 PM
find it helpful to practice trickier moves (or moves I'm consistently not scoring perfect on) in front of a mirror. (For those who may be relatively new to JD, learning how to hit superstars on all of the Unlimited dances is a great way to learn about the different varieties of things that various moves may be looking for. Once you have a sizeable knowledge base for the different kinds of things a particular move might be looking for, and the variety of things you can try doing differently, it helps to master the new dances.)

Great advice!!! thanks.