PDA

View Full Version : [PSVR] How to play single player?

enaysoft
02-16-2018, 10:14 AM
My Internet is terrible and cuts out quite often, so I can't play online, Unfortunately though I can't seem to start the game offline or if I do it just goes back to the main menu, sometimes within minutes

I was led to believe that you can play offline with the AI by yourself which is how I want to play the game and why I bought it.

Can you explain to me how I can do this without needing to connect to the Internet? Even if I do, when my Internet cuts out, I lose my game since there is no way (it appears) to manually save.

Has anyone else had this problem? Hope you can help.

Thanks for reading :)

Ubi-Pickles
02-22-2018, 04:57 PM
Internet connection is required for this game. You will not be able to play without it.

enaysoft
02-23-2018, 11:03 AM
Please can you explain to me why Internet Connection is required to play it offline.

If I can't play it offline, then well, this game is a broken buggy mess of a game then, that I can't play properly.

When you decide to shut down the servers, this game will a brick. I would have never bought this game had I have known.

Where do I request a refund?

enaysoft
02-27-2018, 11:17 AM
Although my Internet connection is really unreliable and slow, it appears to faster and more reliable than Ubisoft forums?

If I'm supposed to have an always online connection JUST to play your games. You should think about having an always online response for your forums.

tehPete
02-27-2018, 04:13 PM
The community support / management group here is notorious for ignoring any question they don't have a favourable answer for, which means any serious questions are just left hanging - like this one, as there's no reason for the game to require an internet connection unless they're doing something like monitoring / harvesting player usage data without their knowledge or permission.

If they can't spin it into positive PR, don't expect a response. Look at how long it took to get Watson support back; that should have been announced with its own thread on the forums or a tweet or something, but it looks like all we got was a post on page 8 of a long-standing thread about it. TBH it looks like the Watson issue was only seriously looked into once people started kicking up about it on Twitter this last month (based on the UbiVR and Red Storm accounts there), and although they said they were looking into it there, I can't see any post from either of them about it being back.

I recognise that the community staff are being greatly limited in what they can do or say by Ubi looking to protect their hold on the (Kelvin) Star Trek licence; I really hope CBS sees through it and passes the licence onto someone that can actually deliver.

enaysoft
02-28-2018, 06:21 AM
I found this on youtube which helped me in the meantime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHs6qqFWdLA