PDA

View Full Version : Just Dance World Cup -- No News?

greekphysics
02-16-2018, 01:07 AM
During the Just Dance 2017 World Cup online qualifiers, I discovered the Just Dance World Cup website, www.justdanceworldcup.com. During the 2017 World Cup, including both the online qualifiers and afterward, the website regularly posted news and also updated the leaderboard. I enjoyed the news articles, as they always mentioned the top dancers from each country. It was a good way to learn about the top dancers from each country, especially since not all of them visit the World Dance Floor at the times that I like to dance.

Your website changed with the Just Dance 2018 World Cup. The leaderboard was nice showing, showing hundreds of scores. However, there was a technical glitch with the way that the scores showed. With hundreds of scores showing on one forever scrolling page, many devices had trouble pulling up this page. Usually, it would show a few dozen scores correctly, and then there would be repeated scores out of order (once I looked at the scores and saw that the numbers were out of order, I realized that there was a problem). It was great that the leaderboard was inclusive, showing all dancers instead of the top dancers, but the scrolling part caused a technical problem with the display. Maybe that's why Google, Amazon, Bing, Yahoo, and so on tend to paginate their search results instead of displaying them in a forever scrolling page. If you paginated the results in the future, showing 20 per page or so, you could still have an inclusive leaderboard, but the results might load better.

But more importantly, the news feed hasn't been nearly as good in 2018 as it was in 2017. First of all, the Just Dance World Cup website appears to have divided into different languages. When I type www.justdanceworldcup.com in my browser, it adds the letters en to the beginning (En short for English), since I'm using a device with service in an English speaking country.

However, the "en" site is evidently for the United Kingdom. That isn't the only English speaking country. We have a large number of dancers participating in the Just Dance World Cup online qualifiers in the USA, yet I don't see any scores or news regarding the USA. All I get is news about the UK.

I really miss the regular articles from 2017 which discussed the top dancers in every country. Now I'm not getting any news about any countries other than the UK.

On top of that, the last article I see in the news feed was dated in the beginning of November. The news feed even for the UK isn't kept up-to-date.

I'm a huge Just Dance fan and would happily keep up with the World Cup events. Is there some other place I should be looking for Just Dance World Cup news other than the Just Dance World Cup website?

I've watched a few national qualifiers on YouTube, but not all of them seem to be there. Is there another place to look for video feeds? A schedule would be handy, too.

Thank you for your time.

Ubi-KitKoumal
02-16-2018, 09:35 AM
Hello there greekphysics,

Thank you very much for providing your feedback on this matter, it's very important that the community shares their feelings and impressions with us! You can make sure that I'll forward your message to the rest of our teams and we'll do our best to take all of this into account! :)

Cheers,

-Kit