PDA

View Full Version : Last Try before i return Pacific Fighters

WarGod5475
11-02-2004, 10:20 PM
tried to install pf with aep but now when ever i try to click on the desktop icon or the programs icon it just sits thier and says it cant find where the icon is pointed ...

Ive looked and looked and i cant find anywhere in my il2 aep files that these should point to now thier are no il2 exe's anymore after i installed pf does this mean all my stuff is borked now?

ive used other madox products but i have to say this is the worst ever. I dont know why pf would not be compatibla but all other il2 stuff is but this is getting tedious.

thanks in advance.

WarGod5475
11-02-2004, 10:20 PM
tried to install pf with aep but now when ever i try to click on the desktop icon or the programs icon it just sits thier and says it cant find where the icon is pointed ...

Ive looked and looked and i cant find anywhere in my il2 aep files that these should point to now thier are no il2 exe's anymore after i installed pf does this mean all my stuff is borked now?

ive used other madox products but i have to say this is the worst ever. I dont know why pf would not be compatibla but all other il2 stuff is but this is getting tedious.

thanks in advance.

actionhank1786
11-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Have you tried reinstalling or are you just expecting the program to heal itself?
You've gotta try some different options before giving up.
Also make sure you have AEP patched up to 2.04.
Other than that i'm not sure.
Keep trying.
If nothing else, do a fresh install of all 3 programs

LEXX_Luthor
11-02-2004, 10:46 PM
No you don't have to install FP over Patched FB.

If you were smart you would have saved a copy folder of un~patched FB 2.00 like I did. Granted, it still didn't help me, I messed up my Windows Installer or something during my summer War Against Adware, before I got FireFox browser, and I had to re~install Windows to install the FP over FB. Luckily, I had my skins and olde stuff backed up.

actionhank1786
11-02-2004, 10:47 PM
I'll just take this time to say
YES I GET MY COPY TOMORROW!!!

LEXX_Luthor
11-02-2004, 10:57 PM
http://www.lexxfans.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/035.gif

Ruy Horta
11-02-2004, 11:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WarGod5475:
tried to install pf with aep but now when ever i try to click on the desktop icon or the programs icon it just sits thier and says it cant find where the icon is pointed ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You screwed on the install phase.

You must not blame UBI for your own stupidity, I can say so because I made the same mistake. Upon installing make sure you choose the same output directory as your original setup else PF will be placed in the default ditectory and make the old installed versions unplayable.

Only answer is to remove all and reinstall...

A.K.Davis
11-03-2004, 02:15 AM
Dare I ask if you are trying to install PF with AEP WITHOUT the original Forgotten Battles game?

Supr
11-03-2004, 04:20 AM
thats right, blame the publisher. Its their fault. After all, none of the rest of us have been able to install the game.

Oh, wait, thats right, most of us had no issues and are playing and enjoying it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Feathered_IV
11-03-2004, 04:59 AM
Don't return it! I promise you it will work fine if you persevere.

It took me ages to install mine before I realised that I stupidly still had the old FB disk two in the other disk drive (Enthusiasm over reason).

Once I realised my mistake it was a breeze. I can even get Perfect setting on my mid-level machine.

Stick with it. I promise, you won't be sorry.

Hunter82
11-03-2004, 05:02 AM
guys relax..... don't jump on people. Yeah he's ticked and placed blame in the wrong area out of anger...it happens daily here.... no sense feeding it though....gets him and you no where fast...just both of you pissed

Diablo310th
11-03-2004, 07:56 AM
Wargod.....relax. It's real easy to fix or find if there is a problem. Simply delete teh shortcut icons you ahve on your desktop now. Find your IL2 folder in Windows Explorer and find teh il2fb.exe file. Make a shortcut to desktop with that file. Now double click the new desktop icon. If it doesn't work..or doesn't show ver. 3.0 then you know you had an installtion error and you need to uninstall and reinstall.

AFJ_Locust
11-03-2004, 08:09 AM
WAR im going to try to expound on what diablo said, heres what u need to do.

First delete the shortcuts to the sim that are on your desktop.

Then.

GO HERE: C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles

Find this: IL2FB.EXE

Right click it & hold then drag it to your desktop & release it there.

Then a lil menu will pop up, select create shortcut here. that should fix it for you.

If not then Uninstall everything

Reboot

Defrag

Reboot

Install Il2fb then go fly it for 1 minute

reboot

install AEP

Fly for a min

Reboot

Install PF

Reboot

Then fly & enjoy Good Luck !!!

Diablo310th
11-03-2004, 08:45 AM
much more detailed explanation Locust. Thanks. I assume some things sometimes. and you know what they sayu about Assuming. It makes an ***..with u and me...LOL oh wow built in censoring.

AFJ_Locust
11-04-2004, 01:52 AM
LMAO D

Well I dont know if my version is much better than yours, after re_reading it today, I might need to re re re expound upon my instuctions.

If he comes back & asks more questions ill do it then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif