PDA

View Full Version : How exactly is Warden considered "fair" let alone balanced

WastedPunk
02-15-2018, 05:53 PM
Whether it's a level 1 Warden or a REP 40 Warden,they are both gonna play in the exact same manner which is constantly spam the shoulder bash Vortex.
It takes no skill or even a thought.You just have to make a guess and hope that you guessed correctly.
But a lot of people have similar 50/50s so that isn't the main problem here,the main problem is that it is ABSOLUTELY UN-PUNISHABLE.
Let me guess "just roll away" right? Yes I enjoy losing 30% of my stamina just to RESET the fight not even counter.then 2 seconds later after whiffing a light,he is back to vortex spamming.

No seriously tell me one way to counter him without playing an assassin?

Roseguard_Cpt
02-15-2018, 06:05 PM
watch how he vortexes; many Wardens I run into Vortex on a pattern rather than reaction. Light, bash, light, gb is the most common I see.
The game is about adapting play-styles, so learn his pattern, play accordingly, force him to be the one to change so he's out of his comfort zone

WastedPunk
02-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Except that's the thing,there is no pattern it's just do whatever you feel like doing because you know it isn't punishable

Roseguard_Cpt
02-15-2018, 06:21 PM
Dodge, GB, Heavy isn't punishment enough? Players, new and veteran alike, use patterns regardless of characters; for me with my Nobu its dodge forward bleed, sidestep heavy each direction. Those who play against me a lot know to keep their guard to the side to bait my poke for the parry and punish.
Even the bots will generally use patterns, try fighting a level 3 Warden bot for 30 minutes and you'll start to figure out what it's going to do. Same goes for players, you just have to learn them faster so they don't win.

BarbeQMichael
02-15-2018, 07:11 PM
Warden's sb is just broken, and it hopefully gets reworked to something better for both the warden and the opponent.

LionHeart XXII
02-15-2018, 08:08 PM
Yeah, It can be annoying, but certainly counterable. I usually just hit them out of it our dodge. I know if they cancel to guardbreak your screwed if you dodge, but most Wardens seem to always go for the 2 lights during the first dodge.

I will agree that he needs a rework however as he is pretty boring to play against and to play as. I love the ascetic and idea of the warden so much, but can't play him for very long because I get bored of having to shoulder bash all the time.