PDA

View Full Version : New Update - The Love Express!

CaptainWeelie
02-15-2018, 03:13 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/love_express_keyart_CoverPic.png

Get ready to Love, y’all!

We’re back with a charming new update to celebrate the sprinkling of love in the air!
With 7 new Tracks as rewards, this is one update you would not want to miss!

Meet Ted!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/Valentine_outfit_Final.png

Meet Ted – the Hipster Cupid who wants to deliver love to all the residents of the Frontier!
Ted hates evil corporations and has dedicated his life to peace and free love.
All he wants you to do is save and deliver some Love to him! Is it too much to ask?!

The Love Meter – and other sweet nothings!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/LoveMeter.PNG

Introducing the Love Meter – the Love Meter starts with a total of 100 at the start of every Track in the ‘Love Express’ event!

Whenever you hit a bumpy road or land too hard, you lose points on the Love Meter.
You must ride as gently and carefully as possible to be able to save your Love (points) on the Love Meter!

All the Love you save will be added to your scoreboard as ‘Love Delivered’!

Save as much as ‘Love’ as you can on the Love Meter, and Ted will graciously reward you for your troubles!

Event Dates and Details

- Use your own Bikes!
- Every bump on the track with cost you “Love” – ride safe and smooth

The event has started and you can join in when you get the new update! It ends on 19th March 2018 at 9AM UTC/GMT.
@ All the new Riders in the Frontier: The Love Express event will become playable as soon as you hit level 6, so level up fast!

Boosters!

You can also use boosters to maximize your love delivery!
There are 3 boosters in the event -

• Love-struck: 15% Bonus starting Love
• Speed-Dating: 50% less wait timer
• Gentle-Touch: 50% less love lost from heavy riding

Spin Wheel Rewards:

• Depending on the medal you earn from the race, the Spin Wheel has -
• Small package of Love
• Medium package of Love
• Large package of Love

The Rewards

- 7 New Tracks!
- 2 Classic Outfits
- 2 Classic PaintJobs

Go get some Love, y’all!

EDIT: We've extended the event dates to 19th of March 2018! Keep ridin' for more love!

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
02-15-2018, 04:33 PM
The event has started and you can join in when you get the new update!

so.. once again.. some people will only have the right to play when others are already far ahead, depending on roll outs, networks, etc..

luckily it's not a competitive event, looks a stand alone, from what it seems, but we all like to dip in the action instead of watching the others play

let's hope it will be fun at least (i guess so, and it looks similar to the sticks on from a past halloween or xmas event, with the you_bump_you_drop_cargo mechanics, which i even pointed out a while ago when mentioning possible mechanics for future events :thumbsup: )

clarx1
02-15-2018, 05:15 PM
Anyone got a direct download link to the new apk? also what is version number for this update. Wont show up in my playstore for a while if its same as usual

kamilus26
02-15-2018, 05:51 PM
Same for me, there's no update to do.

Cap 10 Plan Hat
02-15-2018, 05:57 PM
No update for my Android devices yet.

moofecker
02-15-2018, 07:44 PM
when i log into play store in the browser it shows as having updated today, 15th.
i thought recent changes in play store were supposed to get the update regardless of anything else when you manually check for updates - that's w working well then

CaptainWeelie
02-16-2018, 11:03 AM
Y'all should have got the update by now.
We've extended the event dates to 19th of March 2018!

Keep ridin' for more love!

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
02-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Y'all should have got the update by now.
We've extended the event dates to 19th of March 2018!

Keep ridin' for more love!

what was the original date?

guess a couple of days extension...?

it's probably still impossible to complete without a ton of gems, no?

JayNast
02-16-2018, 01:26 PM
Well, as of now, there's 22 days (+today) left. There are 3 tracks with 100 hearts max from each. There is a 6 hour wait timer.
So, if you ace all of the tracks and play every 6 hours for the next 22 days, you can net total of 26400 hearts. That's enough to unlock 4/6 of the tracks and all of the gear. To get the last paintjob you need 41500 hearts.

Realistically though you're gonna miss some timers and you're not gonna get 100 hearst on every track. I reckon 13000 hearts is somewhat reasonable without any gems.

-J

billock603
02-16-2018, 02:02 PM
JayNast, I believe it's called "Play 2 Win". All you have to do is spend $18 USD on "Ted's Package" but that probably won't be enough. Even though the package comes with the outfit and 300 gems, you will probably need to buy another 300-500 gems if you want to get all tracks.

Unlike most other events which reward skill by being in the fasted XX%, you just need to spend a lot of money to get the privilege of driving slowly and carefully on tracks you already have.

I personally do not mind spending a few dollars each month for constant support of the game but when the cost of 7 tracks is around $25 USD(The cost of a large DLC for any other game), I start to question how the game is run. (This is why I haven't spent a dime on the game in months... simply not worth it)

SmokyMoeG
02-16-2018, 02:11 PM
Anyone got a direct download link to the new apk? also what is version number for this update. Wont show up in my playstore for a while if its same as usual

I was looking for apk too, update showed in playstore just 2 hours ago...

Bananix1975
02-16-2018, 02:19 PM
There is a serious bug in this update. When I try to re-start a race on any track, there a delay and control become unresponsive. Anyone else has this problem?

clarx1
02-16-2018, 02:54 PM
I was looking for apk too, update showed in playstore just 2 hours ago...

I got it now too. Normally it takes days for my updates to appear after they are announced on here. Think the updates should be done before the event starts. Like dakar/aux x updates. Especially for a long grindy event like this where every day helps!

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
02-16-2018, 04:34 PM
I got it now too. Normally it takes days for my updates to appear after they are announced on here. Think the updates should be done before the event starts. Like dakar/aux x updates. Especially for a long grindy event like this where every day helps!

they'll never learn (or don't want to) how to do this the proper way

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
02-16-2018, 04:39 PM
what are the outfits and paintjobs?

only one i see is the final prize, bronco pink

guess i already have the rest, but would like to know

edit: correcting my first post, with that top 5% reward, it's actually a competitive event, so it makes even less sense to have people starting to play almost 24 sooner than others! :mad:

kwizee64
02-16-2018, 08:47 PM
Just got love update.how is it possible for riders to get stupidly huge scores already. It makes it almost impossible for genuine players to reach the top 5 percent. Please stop the cheats, its not difficult to identify them

xitooner
02-16-2018, 11:18 PM
Just got love update.how is it possible for riders to get stupidly huge scores already. It makes it almost impossible for genuine players to reach the top 5 percent. Please stop the cheats, its not difficult to identify them

Resource hackers (they hack their gem count). IOS had a guy with 20K love in the first 10 hours of the update. :)

To be fair though.... 20K love is about 100 passes, and each pass can be bought immediately for a cost of 15 gems..... thats 1500 gems. I have 2K gems and never hacked (just have been building up my stash for years). And... you can buy 1500 gems for about $30. This person might be a hacker... or have lots of free money....or just be someone like me who has decided to blow is stash and leave this god-forsaken grind behind forever. :)

(pay-to-win games are never gonna seem fair to those of us who refuse to throw money at the game)

negodyaeff
02-17-2018, 08:37 AM
Resource hackers (they hack their gem count). IOS had a guy with 20K love in the first 10 hours of the update. :)
In a first minutes of update Android had a guy with 36k. Also about 10 guests accounts and account named something like "ubitest" :D
I think you understand who they are :)

dannydean
02-17-2018, 10:46 AM
Hi all, I've got the new Love express update but can't play for some reason. When the tracks refresh they are tracks that I don't have on my world map yet, does this matter?? I'm clicking on each of the 3 tracks but it's not doing anything, is my game bugged?? Or is it just because I don't have these tracks so can't play them?? Please help, I'm getting close to deleting the game altogether, thanks in advance

jessefrank18
02-20-2018, 07:58 PM
I've played through a couple rounds until I got the "Speed-Dating" booster from the quest. Finished the next three tracks and waited the 3 hours for them to reset. Immediately before the tracks were available the timer started counting down from 3hrs again, so I figured maybe the booster didn't work right. After waiting the next 3 hours the timer restarted from 24hours, again without ever giving me a chance to play the new tracks. Anybody else having this issue?

RupanSansei77
02-21-2018, 12:49 AM
Ted must be a double agent, hates and works with evil corporations...

d3mme_
02-21-2018, 01:22 PM
I've played through a couple rounds until I got the "Speed-Dating" booster from the quest. Finished the next three tracks and waited the 3 hours for them to reset. Immediately before the tracks were available the timer started counting down from 3hrs again, so I figured maybe the booster didn't work right. After waiting the next 3 hours the timer restarted from 24hours, again without ever giving me a chance to play the new tracks. Anybody else having this issue?

the fix is to NOT use the notification to open the game, and NOT use the event thing on the main screen to open the event. Go into the world map as normal, then click the tab above to pull it down and it should work fine.

Had the exact same problem and having the event opened from the map screen worked for me. hope it ll work for you as well

ryansimmons3990
02-21-2018, 03:52 PM
@captainweelie Can one of the mods please comment on the refresh bug? The workaround isn’t working for me either. I’m already buying the 3 hour booster everyday but also having to refresh manually more often than not because the time just resets to 3 hours without giving me the tracks!! Wasting gems like there’s no tomorrow

ymja
02-22-2018, 03:45 PM
Possibly due to that they've released "covertly" a cheapish (€2.29) bundle of parts with decent 300 gems included to get some moneys out of you :p
A good deal in a sense of current standalone gem prices.
Not that I'm proud of buying them myself but I simply don't have the time to run this event more than twice a day on weekdays.. Even without the bugs.

ryansimmons3990
02-22-2018, 05:11 PM
Thanks for letting me know, I bought them😩 it is a “good” deal, relatively speaking.
Feel a bit disgusted with myself to be honest, look what you did ubi/rl!

ryansimmons3990
02-24-2018, 12:19 AM
Still no comment on the refresh bug? People are paying hard earned money for gems attempting to complete your event but this bug is basically stealing from them. Surely you want to address this?

DauntlesseD
03-03-2018, 02:00 AM

It’s for IOS idk or think the version would be but it might! Hope this helps! Lemme know if this helps.
If this link does not open the updated version is v2.1.9

IMG_5664.png

loaiciga
03-03-2018, 06:43 PM
I love this game and have been playing for a couple of years now. I am pretty good at it hitting rank 60 legend WITHOUT GRINDING and being in the top 100 in the leaderboards in almost every track. The tracks that I am top 300 or less is because 1. I don't have all the bikes, 2. I don't have all the upgrades for the bikes that I already have. It's unbelievable for the amount of time that I have played the game do not have all the upgrades, at least, for the bikes. I am in the top 2000 in the global because I don't have all the tracks and I can't buy them... I will not spend more money just to try to complete the event. I AM SICK OF IT. So make the tracks available to purchase or make the event possible to win.

CaptainWeelie
03-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Hello ryansimmons3990 - I’ve replied on the other thread. Let me know if the workaround helps.

[https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1839132-Love-Express-Track-renew-bug-(again)]

guest-l5nkeyFO
03-12-2018, 06:16 AM
Please fix the game. When i yesterday download the latest content I was in top 1% and i cant play the event anymore because it has disappeared

HTC666
03-12-2018, 08:12 AM
I have the same problem. The event completely disappeared after downloading the latest update.

I was in the top 1% and spend about 400 gems so far.

jteaguetek
03-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Same here. Yesterday the event was gone (and is still gone). On iOS.

HTC666
03-13-2018, 09:11 AM
Still no love express. Downloaded a small update today but no change. Got an advert for the Ted outfit but that's it. Really think about quitting this game. All the bugs are just so annoying.

Yoann563
03-13-2018, 10:35 PM
depuis ce matin l'event de la course a l amour a completement disparu;comment ça ce fait?

kwizee64
03-17-2018, 07:47 PM
Mini update just came through, love express has disappeared. How do I get it back. I've spent loads of gems on boosters and I'm in the top 5 percent. Help!!!!

CaptainWeelie
03-26-2018, 11:35 AM
Hi riders! Here's an update for those of you who missed out on completing the Love Express event, when it ended a few days earlier than it should have. We're compensating you with rewards for the trouble of missing out on the event. You'll receive a save prompt tomorrow. To save your rewards, please do choose the "Server Save” option.

Please note that you would not get the rewards again if you fail to choose the “server save” option.

Cheers!

CagBall
03-26-2018, 03:29 PM
That's good. Can I also get my "skip timer issue" refund sent again please? I never received the pop-up, nor refund, whatever that may be.

colbong
03-27-2018, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=CaptainWeelie;13398735]Hi riders! Here's an update for those of you who missed out on completing the Love Express event, when it ended a few days earlier than it should have. We're compensating you with rewards for the trouble of missing out on the event. You'll receive a save prompt tomorrow. To save your rewards, please do choose the "Server Save” option.

Please note that you would not get the rewards again if you fail to choose the “server save” option.

Cheers

The love express event ended early for me and I selected the server option when it updated but I haven't received and rewards

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
03-27-2018, 12:00 PM
got all 10/10 parts for downtown love (was at 3/10) AND the pink bronco pj!!!!!!!!!

wasn't expecting the PJ, i must confess, thanks a lot! :o :o :o

CagBall
03-27-2018, 01:36 PM
Yet again I am disappointed!

Captain Wheelie - I haven't received this pop-up either, so no PJ, track pieces, gems, NOTHING! I have also now sent you a further 3 messages over the last 2 weeks since you last contacted me. I would appreciate a reply and the initial reimbursement resent.

To confirm I am owed: 300 gems minimum for the skip timer issue and whatever this reward is for the event ending early. Please fix a.s.a.p. Clearly something is wrong with my account if the pop-ups you send do not get through.

jteaguetek
04-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Never got the rewards I am owed. Event ended early I was in top 1% missing track pieces etc. c’mom man!

RupanSansei77
04-03-2018, 07:50 PM
You should contact support because there's none here most of the times. There's no moderation too and the last event of Midnight Circuit just posted on social networks, not here, so this forum is just players talking to others or to the wall!