PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with Conq's damage values

Vrbas1
02-14-2018, 06:35 PM
Anyone else still think the fat iron ball should carry with it more damage? I mean, his strongest top heavy is equal to that of PK's top heavy, just doesn't seem proportionate. I really think his fully charged heavy should be a few points higher, just cause it's so risky (conq always had risky attacks).

I'm OK with the lights, though I think side lights should be 500ms. His heavies just seemed disappointing to me and now with virtually no guaranteed heavies, I think his damage should be moved up slightly to be on par with his class. Thoughts?

BTTrinity
02-14-2018, 06:37 PM
Anyone else still think the fat iron ball should carry with it more damage? I mean, his strongest top heavy is equal to that of PK's top heavy, just doesn't seem proportionate. I really think his fully charged heavy should be a few points higher, just cause it's so risky (conq always had risky attacks).

I'm OK with the lights, though I think side lights should be 500ms. His heavies just seemed disappointing to me and now with virtually no guaranteed heavies, I think his damage should be moved up slightly to be on par with his class. Thoughts?

I personally think we need to wait and see how everyone performs, A LOT of people seem to think Conq is gonna be top tier next update and if this is true, the last thing he needs is a damage buff.

Lets just wait and keep our eyes on things, and give feedback accordingly.

Vrbas1
02-14-2018, 06:44 PM
It's funny, when they released the patch notes for him people thought the opposite. I guess we'll see

David_gorda
02-14-2018, 06:49 PM

I'm OK with the lights, though I think side lights should be 500ms. His heavies just seemed disappointing to me and now with virtually no guaranteed heavies, I think his damage should be moved up slightly to be on par with his class. Thoughts? if i remember correctly reworked conq Will have 500ms lights all directions and do 15 damage instead Of 12. The charged unblockable do alot Of damage but is 800ms. Also fullblock counter to guarentueed flail uppercut is 30 damage. Conq Will be alot better then he was before.

Armosias
02-14-2018, 07:03 PM
He'll already pack a huge punch compared to pre-rework, wait and see

Illyrian_King
02-14-2018, 09:20 PM

With the Rework of Season 5, Conq's charged top heavy will do 44Dmg ... Lawbringers unblockable top heavy does 45Dmg.

In reality there would be a huge gap between a top heavy with the hammer of a halberd and a top heavy with that flail swinging such a short radius.

The halberd weights more and the radius is way longer then the flail's radius --> according to physics: halberd has a much bigger momentum and should cause way more damage then just 1Dmg

Vrbas1
02-14-2018, 10:29 PM
With the Rework of Season 5, Conq's charged top heavy will do 44Dmg ... Lawbringers unblockable top heavy does 45Dmg.

In reality there would be a huge gap between a top heavy with the hammer of a halberd and a top heavy with that flail swinging such a short radius.

The halberd weights more and the radius is way longer then the flail's radius --> according to physics: halberd has a much bigger momentum and should cause way more damage then just 1Dmg

I don't disagree, LB has good damage though I could see some of his heavies to stand 5 more. Nonetheless, I'll refer back to my PK vs Conq comparison (33pts I believe). I guess I just find it frustrating that an assassin with a dagger can match the damage of a flail.

Illyrian_King
02-15-2018, 01:11 AM
I don't disagree, LB has good damage though I could see some of his heavies to stand 5 more. Nonetheless, I'll refer back to my PK vs Conq comparison (33pts I believe). I guess I just find it frustrating that an assassin with a dagger can match the damage of a flail.

Yes that's one of these balacing things, eventhough it would make no sense at all in reality.

But raising the the Conqs damage even higher would make him broken.
Increasing the damage of all heavy classes would break them all.

It's a difficult thing where it's better to ignore realism ... because if this game was realistic, classes like shaman, nobushi, shiobi, etc would die with one well-placed hit, while Lawbringer would resist at least 2x as much as he does now.

The aspect of armour comes way to short in this game, but it's another thing about balance.

Same like, how can a PK with a sowrd and dagger parry a full charged Shugoki heavy??

Just for balance.