PDA

View Full Version : silent hunter newb

brianmill25
08-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey, guys. I recently purchased silent hunter 3, but I didn't get a users guide with the game, and its quite over my head. My first problem is finding some damn ships to sink! I know what you're all thinking, "This guys a moron." When I'm out on patrol, and I spot a ship on my navigation map, what is the best thing to do? I've tried to cut them off, but I can't find them. And why are they different colors? Obviously I need some help. Thanks in advance.

brianmill25
08-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey, guys. I recently purchased silent hunter 3, but I didn't get a users guide with the game, and its quite over my head. My first problem is finding some damn ships to sink! I know what you're all thinking, "This guys a moron." When I'm out on patrol, and I spot a ship on my navigation map, what is the best thing to do? I've tried to cut them off, but I can't find them. And why are they different colors? Obviously I need some help. Thanks in advance.

Foehammer-1
08-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Firstly, welcome!!

Blue = friendly, Green = Neutral, RED = enemy!

Try around England, by the coasts, and in the Atlantic. Once the war starts, try sea square AM-52, it has a lot of convoys and single ships.

It would help if you got yourself a VIIb boat, it can go MUCH farther and faster than the IIb you probably have

Hmm, that's all I can think of at the moment.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, this community is awesome!

[edit]

If you see a map contact, that means a ship is moving you should see something like...

______
| ______
|_____

This means a ship is traveling WEST. Try to place yourself ahead of it (farther than you think the ship is) and sail towards it. That's what I do. There are trigonometric ways, but it's late and I dont feel like explaining math http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

seahorse1939
08-05-2009, 03:33 AM
Hi There.

Firstly when a ship appears on the map,don't head straight for it estimate its course and speed you think its traveled and head for there,if the colour is green the ship belongs to a neutral country (do not sink) if its red,thats the enemy (sink it if you can).
Hope this helps.

J.L.Chamberlain
08-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Don't try and be a hero if a search plane attacks you because you are going to end up getting killed. What I mean is don't sit on the surface and fight the plane it will get you eventually. Dive down to 50 meters and stay there till nightfall then surface the boat. That's how I got through my career.

jimbuna
08-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi brianmill25, welcome aboard http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/welcome.gif

If you go into your SH3 installation in C\ProgramFiles you will see a section 'Documentation'.....this section contains a map and instructions etc.

Nitzel
08-05-2009, 10:16 PM
WOW, I haven't been here in a couple of years or more.!!! Good to see the ol' gang is still good to the noobs, as we all were once. Welcome m8! I hope ya like the game as much as I did/do. :-) There are good folks here in these waters and they will help any way they can, trust me - I know.. hehe.. Safe sailing ALL and Godspeed!.. KMN

tuddley3
08-08-2009, 07:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nitzel:
Good to see the ol' gang is still good to the noobs, as we all were once. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We wouldn't have it any other way. Anyone that picks on noobs, doesn't belong here. We have all been a noob before, and I'm sure you remember the first time someone assisted you.

And don't be such a stranger Nitzel. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Celeon999
08-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Welcome aboard http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Messervy
08-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Welcome !!!

walkirie
08-09-2009, 02:50 PM
If you want try to add the GWX3 gold to the SH3 1.4b game , this addon increase a Lot the realism and the inmersion factor , believe me the GWX3 is Amazing