PDA

View Full Version : I am a little disappointed...

DoodTheMan
02-13-2018, 03:35 AM
...that we're 5 seasons in and this game is still basically "For Guardbreak: Press square to win"

RenegadeTX2000
02-13-2018, 03:59 AM
lol, not that bad but i do think that if you Counter Guard Break somebody they need to be at a set distance they can't GB you again.

bannex19
02-13-2018, 04:06 AM
Or just give it a cool down... GB doesn't have enough trade off for the reversal. I think a counter GB should result in an actual GB not just a resist or a push off. You try to gb and I reverse it, it should award me with a GB.

bob333e
02-13-2018, 05:44 AM
I discussed CGB with Ackturi in his thread, actually: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1836965-Buff-counter-GB

He's right, on successful CGB you need to have some sort of hyperarmor/superarmor that will shield you from ganks for a split second. I like his idea.

Salturion.
02-13-2018, 10:02 AM
I discussed CGB with Ackturi in his thread, actually: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1836965-Buff-counter-GB

He's right, on successful CGB you need to have some sort of hyperarmor/superarmor that will shield you from ganks for a split second. I like his idea.

How about the change that u See the GB coming from the side even if u dont locked your sight at him and u can combine it with the hyperarmor idea

RiceComboA
02-13-2018, 05:40 PM
Playing mostly 4v4 dominion, spamming GB on somebody is just asking to get destroyed. Successful or not, a GB will build up that revenge meter pretty quick.

I do not play a lot of Duels, but from what I can remember, I have not been in a situation where somebody will just constantly spam GB.

Vakris_One
02-13-2018, 06:51 PM
...that we're 5 seasons in and this game is still basically "For Guardbreak: Press square to win"
More like parry and then press [insert platform neutral button here] to win ;)

I wouldn't say it's that bad though since you can counter GB most of the time. I would say the GB icon should appear for external GB attempts in team fights though. The parry changes will remove the guarranteed GB from a parry which will alleviate a lot of the issues around GB as such a strong punish. This game is based around getting satisfying executions to end your opponent "rightly" and GB is the primary tool for that so I wouldn't expect the devs to completely remove it or make it insanely easy to punish. Selling executions bring in a lotta steel :D

bob333e
02-14-2018, 07:05 PM
This game is based around getting satisfying executions to end your opponent "rightly"

I still couldn't bring myself to buy this execution (Warden). I mean, I like this meme and all, but... not in For Honor... :( I like my Warden gritty, realistic, and serious. Can't help but feel slight guilt because buying it would give tribute to Skallagrim, who initially made this meme viral. I really like the guy.

I might eventually buy it just for owning it.

How about the change that u See the GB coming from the side even if u dont locked your sight at him and u can combine it with the hyperarmor idea

Yeah, definitely. GB prompts should appear on external attacks as well. Though I guess in the end, it's not like you can react properly; GB prompts are still faster than even lights. In the midst of getting ganked, this could possibly amount to 'visual spam' (lotsa icons and prompts around you). Though I still think GB prompts for external attacks should be visible.

The_B0G_
02-15-2018, 12:26 AM
The title of this thread is every girls description of my "preforming" skills.

RenegadeTX2000
02-15-2018, 12:47 AM

Yeah, I've died so much from that method in a 2v1 lol