PDA

View Full Version : Should Valkyrie Get a Rework?

DD-777
02-12-2018, 01:40 AM
I only ask because, as it stands, she's probably one of the least played heros; and, as someone who mains her, I feel she could have some additions to her kit in order to bring her up to a better place. For example, her shield bash, which doesn't guarantee anything and is punishable if the enemy dodges, should wall splat. Anyway, I'd like to go on about what I think is right, but I'd like to know what others think is wrong with her, and what can be done to make her a better hero.

ArchDukeInstinct
02-12-2018, 02:53 AM
Definitely. In my opinion, she's the strongest candidate for the next round of reworks.

HazelrahFirefly
02-12-2018, 04:11 AM
Valk is my second main, and here are the changes I'd make:

Light,light,heavy chain can go on repeatedly, with little time lost between the heavy and the next light. These of course can come from any direction.

Three lights will still dish out the stunning bit, and a sweep will also end the chain. The kicker is that a heavy can be used as the first attack to start the chains, or the second attack so long as a light follows it. Hitting heavy after heavy would result in a big gap between the swings, starting the chain over.

Shield bash should do a wall splat.

Sweep should be feintable. I go back and forth in my mind whether she should be able to launch into attack from a feint, or simply be able to stop when someone dodges so she can cgb, block, or parry.

DD-777
02-12-2018, 04:25 AM
Yeah, I'm aware of the chains that can be achieved, but sadly most people won't let you even get the 2nd light off. I decided not to mention it with that in mind; but the chains are nice when they work.

Tyrjo
02-12-2018, 08:29 AM
The problem with Valkyrie can not be fixed by buffing her full chains. Those never land anyways. I recently wrote in the suggestions forum what I think she needs:

A Light-Heavy-Light chain. This will make her attacks timings less predictable and you can feint the second heavy into shield crush for additional mix up.
Pouncing Thrust can come from all directions, not just top. This will make it less predictable. The cancel from Shield Tackle will actually be useful.
Slightly less stamina intense move set cost for sustained mix ups.
Pouncing Thrust and Hunter's Strike are no longer punishable with GB on block.
Basic Light Dmg 12 -> 13
Second Chain Light Dmg 18 -> 17
Stun effect on Shield Tackle removed.
Stun effect on Sheld Crush added.

No0b.Nr.1
02-12-2018, 01:10 PM
actually i really enjoy her. What i do most times : heavy into shield crush OR light light heavy ( u just might dodge back and begin ur attack far away from opponent to get ur mixup without ur lights get block) into shield crush after that u can use spear sweep , what everyone expect most times, but u can mixed it up with a light after shield crush and then go for spear sweep, and becaus she has a few mix ups, a feint heavy after 2 lighst into grab works acutally pretty well aswell ( even vs good players )
I think she could get a shield dodge bash like gladiator or something like that. But i dont think that she is "weak" for now.

Kamen42
02-12-2018, 04:21 PM
As a person who likes her but struggles as her most of the time I see two big problems:

1) All her chains have a light attack in the middle. This makes her predictable.

2) Most of her mix-ups can be evaded by a single side dodge. Take for example her heavy opener soft feint into shield bash. If the opponent dodges sideways, they dodged both moves and have a free GB while you are in miss recovery. This is a problem with a lot of other attacks. Simply dodge and you have a free GB.

Trenk2009
02-12-2018, 05:32 PM
1- Give her a light + heavy chain

2- Give her a heavy + heavy chain

3- Make it so her shield bashes can be linked to heavys too, not only light.

As of right now the second attack of a valk chain will ALWAYS be a light, making it a 90% parried move at high level of play. By giving her those 3 points above, her mix up game will become viable.

4- Make it so any of her controling move (shield bash, sweep, push ...) deals a small amount of damage (like the raider knee to the face), thus virtually increasing her damage while still focusing her play still around mix-up and fight control. (DPSecond increase while DPStrike still the same)

5- Reduce some of her heavy and dodge recoverys. I'm fine with having huge recoverys on sweep or shield bash, but getting gb out of an heavy on my opponent wake up because I didn't continued my chain is simply dumb.

6- Make it so her heavy starters of any chain can be soft feinted into a light in another direction. This, coupled with the heavy after shield bash move would give her even more mix up while still being totally fair because of the speed of her heavys.

7- Make the second part of her zone attack unblocable. (optional)

8- Reduced her stamina consume overall but don't simply increase her stamina pool, so she's able to keep up her mix up game a long time while still being vulnerable to out of stam when parried.

As you probably understood by now; I don't think the valkyrie simply need some damage. I think that the valkyrie is a superbly designed hero on the paper, she simply needs more ways to keep her ennemies on their feet and guessing so she can work her way out. By giving her tons of other mix up capability you make her the perfectly designed hero: fair/balanced and hard to master. Please do something like that to her, she deserve better than the way she currently is.

Hormly
02-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Every OG needs a rework, its just a matter of order

JadeBosson.
02-13-2018, 12:12 AM
totes should shes fun but gets curb stomped at times