PDA

View Full Version : Operation Triumph of Will for '46 addon would be cool

Lodovik
09-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Preparing to rearrange some stuff in anticipation of new bookshelves (yes, I sometimes spend money on something else besides sim stuff), I happened upon a stack of old Command magazines from way back.
For those who don't know, Command was a strategy game mag that came with a strategy board game with every issue. The one in issue 3 was Samurai Sunset, a what-if type Operation Olympus scenario. Nice as it was, it was eclipsed by the brutal and more fantastic variant, Operation Triumph of Will in issue 5. OToW was the first part of a series of Strategy games by the implacable Ty Bomba and his XTR corp (Across The Rubicon), dealing with a what-if setting of Third Reich vs. Imperial Japan and the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere in a WW3 starting in 1948.
I think that this setting would make a sizzling hot what-if scenario with all the weirdness in the '46 Addon combined with the Pacific Maps. Perhaps the people working on the Graf Zeppelin campaing could give it a consideration, pretty please. Or maybe I'll actually have to learn how to use the FMB myself...

Here's a quote from the Board Game Geek site on OToW:
"Triumph of the Will has been published in Command Magazine 5 and is a variant of Samurai Sunset published in Command Magazine 3. In this alternate history, Nazi Germany and Japan who won WW II have started WWW III in 1948. This games deals with the German Invasion of Japan. The German have super elite troops such as some of the best and most well known panzerdivisions, heavy Maus tank units, US Marines, ME-262 fighters, the Kriegsmarine, Rommel, Guderian and Von Manstein and others, the Japanses have the numbers, but also Samurai divisions, Kamikaze, the Emperor. The game uses the rules, map and many units of Samurai Sunset as well as new units and additional rules. It is Operation Olympic launched by Germany instead of by the USA."

Lodovik
09-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Preparing to rearrange some stuff in anticipation of new bookshelves (yes, I sometimes spend money on something else besides sim stuff), I happened upon a stack of old Command magazines from way back.
For those who don't know, Command was a strategy game mag that came with a strategy board game with every issue. The one in issue 3 was Samurai Sunset, a what-if type Operation Olympus scenario. Nice as it was, it was eclipsed by the brutal and more fantastic variant, Operation Triumph of Will in issue 5. OToW was the first part of a series of Strategy games by the implacable Ty Bomba and his XTR corp (Across The Rubicon), dealing with a what-if setting of Third Reich vs. Imperial Japan and the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere in a WW3 starting in 1948.
I think that this setting would make a sizzling hot what-if scenario with all the weirdness in the '46 Addon combined with the Pacific Maps. Perhaps the people working on the Graf Zeppelin campaing could give it a consideration, pretty please. Or maybe I'll actually have to learn how to use the FMB myself...

Here's a quote from the Board Game Geek site on OToW:
"Triumph of the Will has been published in Command Magazine 5 and is a variant of Samurai Sunset published in Command Magazine 3. In this alternate history, Nazi Germany and Japan who won WW II have started WWW III in 1948. This games deals with the German Invasion of Japan. The German have super elite troops such as some of the best and most well known panzerdivisions, heavy Maus tank units, US Marines, ME-262 fighters, the Kriegsmarine, Rommel, Guderian and Von Manstein and others, the Japanses have the numbers, but also Samurai divisions, Kamikaze, the Emperor. The game uses the rules, map and many units of Samurai Sunset as well as new units and additional rules. It is Operation Olympic launched by Germany instead of by the USA."

BiscuitKnight
09-05-2006, 06:39 AM
Not a chance, matey. Sounds interesting, but see, with this sim, only things the development team like usually get put into the game.

Lodovik
09-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Huh? I thought that any object and AC can be used in FMB, but then again what do I know? I'm not looking for this to be included in the '46 addon.
Rather I suggest to use the stuff we've allready got plus the new stuff in '46 to make a campaign against this background.
Ah well, per'aps my first post was a bit difficult to understand. SAT http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

PBNA-Boosher
09-05-2006, 09:14 AM
any object can, but it's impossible to make two axis countries fight against each other. They're both blue, and therefore, a campaign would be very tough to mod into the game.

Divine-Wind
09-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Maybe make the opposing team a red team, but flying Japanese or German planes, dressed up accordingly?

Flying_Nutcase
09-05-2006, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
Maybe make the opposing team a red team, but flying Japanese or German planes, dressed up accordingly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif