PDA

View Full Version : Mouse and keyboard completely unresponsive, even after restart.

RavenTessen
02-10-2018, 10:10 AM
I have had a strange reoccurring weirdness with my game, in that when I try to sprint while using my rebound chat key ( ` ), the game will keep forcing all inputs after I release the ` key until I 1.) Click the game again, and then 2.) press each key again to "turn them off. So if I was running forward and strafing right, I have to tap w and d again to stop moving in that direction.

Annoying, but manageable.

Today, this happened again, but instead of just doing like it normally did, my game completely ignored all inputs from mouse and keyboard completely. I can see my cursor moving around as if I was in an overlay, but no clicks, no key presses do anything whatsoever. Alt tab still works, as does any keystrokes to bring up actual overlays over the game.

Even after restarting the game, I can click on nothing and do absolutely nothing in the game.

Ubi-Baron
02-10-2018, 12:45 PM
Hello RavenTessen,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

The first thing we'd advise is taking the Config file, which contains all the controls, and moving it to the Desktop. You can find this in the My Documents folder.

Thank you

RavenTessen
02-11-2018, 09:13 AM
Thank you for the response!

I am sorry to say I already went ahead with a full reinstall in order to fix this issue. I got a little frustrated after a full system reboot didn't fix it, so I tried the next thing, haha.

It worked, though!

Ubi-Baron
02-11-2018, 02:17 PM
No worries, I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue.

Thanks for the update!

Guyk2810
02-28-2018, 05:32 PM
Today I wanted to play R6 but when I started my game this weird bug happened or something. Well see when I start it it works finde but somehow its totally unresponsive to either keyboard or mouse, like I can move my mouse around and the cursor will follow but clicking doesn't do anything...so when I am on the main page I really can't play!

Heinz_Mayo
03-01-2018, 12:53 AM
I am having the same problem that you are having.

Egod13
03-01-2018, 01:43 AM
I had the same issue, and then I disabled the in-game overlay tab in Discord and the problem went away. Apparently, R6 Siege, Overwatch, and CS:GO all had the same issue with me but were later fixed when the Discord overlay was disabled. I hope this works for everyone.

PistolBean
03-01-2018, 03:05 AM
Thanks Man!! it worked!

A1M0NDS
03-01-2018, 04:50 AM
I was really enjoying playing your game until suddenly, my mouse became unable to click into the game. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times but with no avail. Eventually I gave up and tried using different mice. That didn't work either. I have no clue how to fix this and would be very upset to have to pay $10 for ten hours of play time. Please let me know if there is a fix to this. Thanks!

-A1M0NDS

NitroVenom1
03-01-2018, 05:44 AM
I'am having the same problem as the others whats going on here? oh now i see is that Discord thing huh?

NitroVenom1
03-01-2018, 05:49 AM
try to go to Discord, then go to Overlay and dissable it it worked for me and others.

Ubi-Rufus
03-01-2018, 12:15 PM
If disabling the Discord overlay isn't working for you, please also try creating a new windows profile to test the game on there.

It could also be a registry issue.

A1M0NDS
03-02-2018, 12:43 AM
One of you said to disable discord which I don't know how to do and another said to go into the settings. Could you please go into more detail? Thanks

Unitato.
03-05-2018, 04:09 AM
Hey, I am having a similar problem, I have moved the config into the desktop, what do I need to do next?

Thank You!

Ubi-Mullac
03-05-2018, 05:42 PM
One of you said to disable discord which I don't know how to do and another said to go into the settings. Could you please go into more detail? Thanks

Hey,

Here you go: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/217659737-Games-Overlay-101

That's how you can disable Discord Overlay.