PDA

View Full Version : So I just watched all the Season 5 Executions...

bob333e
02-08-2018, 07:13 PM
...and Centurion takes the cake.

2nd place: Shugoki

3rd place: Highlander

Honorary Mentions: Raider, Orochi.

Some of them were way too silly, like, not even the hero's weapon was used.

And Warlord's is bugged. Shield goes invisible.

Which one do you think is the best-looking S5 execution?

The video I watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rKEEjzWuxc

Orisoll
02-08-2018, 07:21 PM
Most of them seem to be jokes, but some of 'em are pretty cool. I'm still waiting on the Lawbringer to get a decap execution though. Fingers crossed for season 5.

LionHeart XXII
02-08-2018, 07:48 PM
My top 3 were

1. Raider

2. Centurion

3. Shinobi

Alustar.exe
02-08-2018, 08:17 PM
I really like how personal the shaman execute looked. Probably one of the better ones out there

Knight_Raime
02-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Wasn't fond of centurions tbh. looks too fluid for the kind of thing it's doing.

Most were great.

Though I think my favorite is a tie between conq and warlord. just. wow.
then second place is a tie between shaman and mushu.
and third is highlander.

Though imo the only "bad" execution to me is kensei's. as it looks better from watching not from doing. camera should be pushed back for this execution so it's easier to understand.

Xtendead
02-08-2018, 08:52 PM
The Peacekeepers Execution is taken from Ace Ventura 2.

PanzerShrekonin
02-08-2018, 08:53 PM
For me, I like Glad, Centurion and Raiders for my top executions.

Helnekromancer
02-08-2018, 10:10 PM
Even though i don't like the Aramusha, i really liked his Execution, finally a Samurai shows that they know some type of hand to hand combat. If Vikings get nothing but Wrestling moves gimme more Samurai Kung Fu.

PDXGorechild
02-08-2018, 10:25 PM
Zerk gets to execute and ledge you as part of his?!

Centurion does take the cake. Savage A.F!

Knight_Raime
02-08-2018, 10:30 PM
Conq and Kensei look kind of better off-camera tbh. They should readjust camera angle on these two.

Warlord, I dunno. It's the only one bugged right now, plus I still can't digest how do you stab someone with a shield... and a shield that has no spikes or sharp edges, at that. Just felt somewhat off.

Aramusha was a lulz. Kung-Fu punch right through armor and metal?? kek.

Highlander was great. You feel the weight of the sword.

I dunno. conq's looked ok. but I wouldn't be against camera position change like kensei.
Yeah it seems silly and I know how a good deal of these seem more cheesy/memey than a serious tone. But all I can think is "not only did the warlord beat you but he forced you to hold your own head." i unno. it just looks amazing to me.

yeah maybe cause I watched without sounds but it doesn't seem like there is enough weight behind his blows. Love the animation of it though.

it's my first highlander execution I actually like though. for that exact reason.

To further elaborate on my centurion execution complaint take a look at the zerk one that chops the leg off at the start. or pk doing the quick stab and then decapitate (was a default execution) both of those and a few more just have no weight behind it. No...resistance. makes it just feel like they're lobbing off a chunk of jello rather than cleaving through muscle and bone. I would be 100% fine with centurions execute if there was a bit more resistance when he punched the head off. though the fact that he could just glancingly slice clean through the neck for a decap with one hand in such a fashion is also off putting.

i'd have much rather an uppercut kind of hit that knocked someone on the ground.

Tyrjo
02-08-2018, 10:43 PM
I like the Raider, Conq, Shugoki, Berserker and Shaman most.

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 10:46 PM
The Peacekeepers Execution is taken from Ace Ventura 2.

I thought the same thing when I seen it lol

MrGrippz
02-08-2018, 11:09 PM
I think they need to be brutal not silly.

Wish the Gladiator got a better one. He could have at least punched using his buckler.

Vakris_One
02-09-2018, 03:18 AM
Once again the Kensei gets one of the most meh executions in the pile. I think his is barely even worth 5k steel to be honest. I really wish the devs would get as creative with the Kensei's executions as they are with everyone elses. Oh well, I guess I'll be hanging on to my steel.

The zerker's one is cool. The Highlander's one is decent and the Glad one is ok. Aramusha's one is silly beyond belief when performed on an armoured opponent. The rest are average imo. I was hoping for something fresh for my favourite characters but the only one that's any good is the Highlander one.

JadeBosson.
02-09-2018, 05:11 AM
i'd have to go with

1 raider or shaman
2 shinobi
3 conq

Hormly
02-09-2018, 07:05 AM
Raiders was the best...

Though warlord is clearly more worthy of the back breaker

Jazz117Volkov
02-09-2018, 08:48 AM
Yeah, they went meme-y on S5. Warden's came from Skallagrim, Shugo's came from Hulk when he smashed Thor, PK's came from Ace Ventura. These were the ones I caught right off the bat.

Raider's came from Bane in Batman.
Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about some of them.
Nice to see Valk got a proper "Shield Grab" though...lol

Warden's starts out nice but then just becomes silly. I was hoping for more of a smack with the pommel but it's played completely as a joke. Which isn't the worst thing I suppose; I've always felt Warden had the least "fun" emotes/executions.

The silly stuff seems to be increasing with every new Season. I, for one, would have loved grittier, more serious executions. :/ oh well
idk, I think the ratio has been pretty balanced.

Now that the DLC heroes are all released, maybe the art team will work on new armours. Centurion in particular has a lot of distinct styles for his armour; some of them are quite pristine too. I'd like to see that for some of the other heroes too. Give me at least one cape for my Warden that isn't torn to shreds.

Raiders was the best...

Though warlord is clearly more worthy of the back breaker
I went into a brawl with Raider earlier; first enemy to get Bane'd was a Shugoki. It looked...both amazing and hilarious. Worth every penny.

SangLong524
02-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Yeah man, they're catering to a broader (and younger) audience, the M18 rating slowly getting removed and changed into PG-13.

I felt that with Valk's execution 'nerf'. It wasn't just real world issues that they wanted to dodge. They're also trying to appeal to a broader audience. To sell the game more. Because game sales flopped terribly. We all know why they flopped.

We already blow our lids like children most of the time, and they want to bring in more real children? Better brace myself for more triggered mass.
As for the new executions, I like them. I bought Shugoki and centurion. Not disappointed.
I wonder how Raider can backbreak a Shugoki though?!

Armosias
02-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Actually some meme style executions isn't too bad, they're done correctly enough to work in my opinion. Let's just hope they won't make every execution look like this, I mean my lovely Lawbro need to cut some heads like any executioner would do. Overall we got good things exept kensei.
And Ara's kung-fu is as realistic as almost every execution: simple entertainment and no realism.

Kollarbones
02-09-2018, 08:14 PM
I'm in the love with the Berserker execution. :o I know his weapons aren't being used at all, but I still think it really suits his character, and is both hilarious and bad ***. I'd been hoping for a similar execution. And the fact that it also ledges gives me a good laugh every time.

Conq's is beautifully brutal, I absolutely love it.

I am happy with the Peacekeeper one, however a little disappointed that they recycled the laugh sound effect from her emote.

I'm not familiar with the reference that the Warden execution is based off of, but personally I think it would've looked much better if he kicked them down at the end, (kind of like the Shaman execution where she throws the axe in your back) rather than comically tossing the pommel. Sure, the silliness in this game can be a laugh, but at the end of the day it's a fighting game, and I'd love to see some more brutal executions tbh. It starts off great and the ending just feels a little disappointing.

Shugoki's is pretty great too. It's so brutal, I'm not looking forward to being a victim of it! :p

Shaman's, Raider's and Shinobi's are also pretty cool.

Hard to pick a favourite, but I'm typically biased towards the two heroes I play: PK and Zerk. The others are honourable mentions imo. Regarding of the remaining heroes, none in particular really stood out to me.