PDA

View Full Version : Season 5 underpreforming heroes?

SaschoS
02-08-2018, 10:22 AM
"Kensei, Berserker, and Conqueror were prioritized because they were some of the lowest-performing Heroes in both duel and group fights, and our test builds showed confidence that their improvements would help them improve their efficiency in both situations. In particular, we felt that they needed to be able to perform on offense more successfully, and so we wanted to add improved tools to their core kits to help them defeat defensive-minded players."

WHAT!!!?

Berserker is still op the problem is so many noobs can't play that class and now he will get a buff? Are you serious!

Otherwise I am overall pleased with season 5 announcement.

PDXGorechild
02-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Please elaborate on what you think makes him overpowered.

SaschoS
02-08-2018, 11:45 AM
He is fast he can literally 2 shot you. Is able to dodge every attack. Has way too much HP for an assassin. He is just OP if you give a little bit of an effort to learn his moves.

PDXGorechild
02-08-2018, 12:09 PM
He is fast he can literally 2 shot you. Is able to dodge every attack. Has way too much HP for an assassin. He is just OP if you give a little bit of an effort to learn his moves.

He's not particularly fast. He has no light combo's and his high damage top heavies are 900ms (down there with the slowest in the game). What's more is his attacks are highly telegraphed - wild swings from the side mostly that are very easy to read if you take the time to bother. I suppose his dance of the paired blades combo is fairly fast but again, easy enough to read and parry the heavies with a bit of experience. He can two-shot an Assassin in the right scenario (Maxed out attack/def pen gear + Tribute attack buff with OOS punish). He has 120 hitpoints like all the other Assassins other than Shinobi. Not sure what you mean by "He can dodge every attack". Every character can dodge every attack with the right timing. If you're referring to dodge recovery, i'm pretty sure its the same as the other Assassins too.

He's a noob stomper class for sure, especially if the noob is playing a reflex guard class. But in his current state with telegraphed attacks, predictable combo's, no unblockables and a very small moveset (if not the smallest) a lot of which is buggy and redundant in skilled 1v1, the Berserker player relies on feinting a lot to land any kind of damage. Maximal effort required for minimal gain. He does have the potential for massive damage, but will rarely be able to bring it to bear against a skilled player.

PablO_Chaconn
02-08-2018, 12:22 PM
He's not particularly fast. He has no light combo's and his high damage top heavies are 900ms (down there with the slowest in the game). What's more is his attacks are highly telegraphed - wild swings from the side mostly that are very easy to read if you take the time to bother. I suppose his dance of the paired blades combo is fairly fast but again, easy enough to read and parry the heavies with a bit of experience. He can two-shot an Assassin in the right scenario (Maxed out attack/def pen gear + Tribute attack buff with OOS punish). He has 120 hitpoints like all the other Assassins other than Shinobi. Not sure what you mean by "He can dodge every attack". Every character can dodge every attack with the right timing. If you're referring to dodge recovery, i'm pretty sure its the same as the other Assassins too.

He's a noob stomper class for sure, especially if the noob is playing a reflex guard class. But in his current state with telegraphed attacks, predictable combo's, no unblockables and a very small moveset (if not the smallest) a lot of which is buggy and redundant in skilled 1v1, the Berserker player relies on feinting a lot to land any kind of damage. Maximal effort required for minimal gain. He does have the potential for massive damage, but will rarely be able to bring it to bear against a skilled player.

Well said gorechild .
Every think you said is right .
I mained berserker for awhile and I was completely wrecking people with him up till rep 3 , thatís when players started learning how to play against him and I was having a tough time getting any damage off with him , so I had to learn how to be a feint god but players also got around that to due to him being easily read.

Iv played the game from launch so Iím experienced with every character, if your still having trouble with berserker itís probably because your new . Youíll get the hang of him

SaschoS
02-08-2018, 12:45 PM
not new and I know all berserker tricks but I can't handle most of berserkers due to their speed IDK how can people even react so fast. Sometimes fight feels way too fast sometimes way too slow

Vakris_One
02-08-2018, 02:23 PM
The fundamental issue with all 3 of those characters is that you need to put in twice as much effort as your opponent in order to have a chance of beating them. No class in the game should be asking you to be twice as skilled as your opponent just to stay above water against their character, that's why they're getting reworks and in the case of Beserker a general rebalance.

These 3 characters in particular have no cheap gimmicks to try to cheese out a win therefore if I get beaten by one of them it's usually because the other player was genuinley better than me. Let's see what the reworks will give them.

PDXGorechild
02-08-2018, 02:48 PM
The fundamental issue with all 3 of those characters is that you need to put in twice as much effort as your opponent in order to have a chance of beating them. No class in the game should be asking you to be twice as skilled as your opponent just to stay above water against their character, that's why they're getting reworks and in the case of Beserker a general rebalance..

This absolutely. The very reason I quit playing tournaments. Get to diamond tier and it's very telling how much Zerk under-performs. I can be caffeine'd up, playing as well as I'm capable of, pulling out every tricky little trick in the book and still get steamrolled by most classes.

Otherwise, Zerk is pretty lackluster. He desperately needs a rework. Props to anyone, and to Gorechild, still playing this hero and maxing out his level. It shows dedication. Can't deny that Zerk's moveset and the way he moves is absolutely delicious.

Thanks man. I've only managed it because, despite all his flaws, he is a lot of fun. When outnumbered by aggressive opponents (most people when they think they're ganking you), I believe there's no better counter than a revenge fuelled Berserker with feats up. It only takes one patient, defensive minded player to screw this up for you though.

S0Mi_xD
02-08-2018, 04:32 PM
Well ~ Looks like i don't need to say anything at all :D
You guys already listed the major flaws ^^

Vakris_One
02-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Hah yeah, a Zerk stacking gear stats and Doom Banner, Fear Itself and Sharpen Blades, and about to pop Revenge... is a dreadful sight. He literally two-shots anything. If you got parried while he's in Revenge, well gg. The overhead heavy alone is enough. He's pretty scary in 4v4s with all the stacking.

Don't mention it, people who max out Zerks, Kenseis, Nobushis and Valks are extremely patient with their hero choice. I believe Vakris is a Kensei main. Props to him as well.
Thanks. Same as Gorechild, I stuck with him through thick and thin because he's fun for me to play and I really like his aesthetics. Funnilly enough Zerkers were my undoing for a long time and I still regard them as Kensei killers because they can go aggressive against him and punish his counter attacks all at the same time due to their mixup potential of feint mastery and hyper armour. I'm really looking forward to Season 5: Revenge of the OG Heroes! :D

mrmistark
02-08-2018, 06:14 PM
Hah yeah, a Zerk stacking gear stats and Doom Banner, Fear Itself and Sharpen Blades, and about to pop Revenge... is a dreadful sight. He literally two-shots anything. If you got parried while he's in Revenge, well gg. The overhead heavy alone is enough. He's pretty scary in 4v4s with all the stacking.

Don't mention it, people who max out Zerks, Kenseis, Nobushis and Valks are extremely patient with their hero choice. I believe Vakris is a Kensei main. Props to him as well.

Yeah a good berserker in any regards I find scarier than probably any other character because you KNOW if heís racking up the kills heís a monster of a player.

I main Kensei and I can definitively say that I feel the uphill climb quite a bit. Heís the only character I have TRUELY mastered and is my go to for most dire occasions. Iíve learned to be a total fient master with him. I only pull him out rarely now as Iím trying to max other characters, but he holds a special place for me. My skill with him is what I aspire to have with all my other heroes. Unfortunately Iím a very good player but other than him as far as roster goes Iím jack of all trades master of none. Heís basically my pride and embodies the true skill I have in this game. The rest of the cast again, Iím decent with, some more than others (shugoki and HL are my secondaries, Iím rather good with both, getting to that mastery level slowly but surely though which is kind of harder said than done as both are very slow).

I donít mean to toot my own horn about Kensei, but if everything goes well with reworks, with how hard I had to work to get to my skill level with him I almost feel bad for the other players when he gets more to his kit, cause man if itís anything like I hope it will be itís going to be fun.

Playing_Mantis
02-10-2018, 05:33 AM
i think he's going to be quite op soon

HazelrahFirefly
02-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Berserker can be a hell of a challenge in 4v4 or laggy fights for sure. Those lights are so damn fast (just like the other assassins), but in duels they have arguably as tough a time as Highlanders.