PDA

View Full Version : Wheres The German?

Sword_of_Light
10-26-2005, 10:31 AM
So I finally have a system to run this game on, and well, its brilliant. But...but....wheres the German? Wheres the 'Achtung! Wasserbomben!'?
Half the fun of SHII was your crew speaking in German - getting new messages in German and saying to yourself 'wait...what was that again? Oh, I'm below test depth...'
Is this a noob question - have I missed a button marked English/German?

Sword_of_Light
10-26-2005, 10:31 AM
So I finally have a system to run this game on, and well, its brilliant. But...but....wheres the German? Wheres the 'Achtung! Wasserbomben!'?
Half the fun of SHII was your crew speaking in German - getting new messages in German and saying to yourself 'wait...what was that again? Oh, I'm below test depth...'
Is this a noob question - have I missed a button marked English/German?

Dominicrigg
10-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Yes you wally, i think its in options.

Switch it on quickly or suffer the shocking american accents and feel like you are stuck in the horror of U-571 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Goose_Green
10-26-2005, 10:59 AM
The solution;

In the main menu screen go to "Options" then click on the arrows at the Spoken Language choice - you can choose between English or German.

I can't speak German, but I have this setting on German for the very reason you do - I have even tried the text language to try and get into the mood!!

Happy Hunting!

JU88
10-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Javol Herr Kaluen.... ALLAAAARRRRM

or

Sir yes sir.... Crash dive!

The choice is yours.

Sword_of_Light
10-27-2005, 10:30 AM
*wince* Alright, well, thats what I get for knowingly asking a question I coulda figured out for my own lazy self....

Still.....woo hoo! German language option!
There really shouldnt be American accents in a German sub - pity there arent any American missions, though. I'd love to be in the USS Archer-Fish with the carrier Shinnano in my crosshairs.

Dominicrigg
10-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Buying power dictates if there is a sequel it should be in the pacific. Lets hope there is an add on before then which fixes this game up a bit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif