PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Chillstream Gamepad? or Xbox 360 controller?

steve_76
12-26-2006, 07:31 PM
i played this game on my bros xbox 360 and now i cant play anything else, but he lives 3 hours away. so im gonna buy the pc game but i want to use a gamepad or a xbox 360 controller and i was wondering if anyone is currently using either the Logitech Chillstream Gamepad or the xbox controller. if so how do you like it and is it worth buying?!?! thanks

steve_76
12-26-2006, 07:31 PM
i played this game on my bros xbox 360 and now i cant play anything else, but he lives 3 hours away. so im gonna buy the pc game but i want to use a gamepad or a xbox 360 controller and i was wondering if anyone is currently using either the Logitech Chillstream Gamepad or the xbox controller. if so how do you like it and is it worth buying?!?! thanks

Solucopa
12-26-2006, 08:43 PM
doubt you'll find many controller users here, but I know from exp. that the 360 controller works exactly on newer pc games like it does on consoles.

steve_76
12-26-2006, 08:50 PM
sweet, im better on the consoles but i have limited credits so i cant get a 360...thanks

tunagoblin
12-27-2006, 12:12 AM
But i must warn you.... you won't like the results vs. keyboard&mouse players..

Magnum66
12-27-2006, 01:41 AM
I was impressed with the 360 version, and wondered the same thing when I got the PC version... check out my "test"... I was surprised at the results.

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb....topic;f=142;t=006511 (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=142;t=006511)<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Magnum
www.tacticsandteamwork.com (http://www.tacticsandteamwork.com)

Frankrul
12-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Funny you should say that, ive been playing RVS since release date and I play at leasta few hours per week, mainly on the BoB RVS servers.. Ive been playing a pretty long time, and consider myself to be a mouse+keybd snob.. but this game.. i dunno, the 360 controller integration is so well done that i cant stop using it. Besides, it makes me slow down, take cover and be smart.. believe me i can hang with the best M+K..
get the 360 controller, its the best windows gamepad ever..

Lasher-M-
12-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Steve be sure that you computer can actually run the game. Be very carefull to read the info in these forums about running the game on a pc. The last this you need is to buy the game only to find out your computer can't play it.

On another note. No matter how comfortable or good you think you are with a controler on the xbox, keep in mind that everyone eles your competing with in the Xbox version is using the same controler so the odds are even. With the PC, most use a mouse and keyboard.

Actually we can leave out the keyboard part here (I beleive that anolog controls are better for movement)and focus on the mouse. The Mouse will give you better aiming control. Some might say that this is just an opinion but in fact it is not and I'll give you some proof.

All FPS games released on consoles (SOCOM, Splinter cell, RSV Etc) Have a function enabled called "Aim Assist" What this does is help lock your reticule onto a target as you move "close" to it. So you don't actually have to move the reticule directly over the persons chest or head to get a hit. If you can move it pretty close it will adjust and move the ret that little bit extra so you can hit the sweet spot or it just lets the bullets hit where it thinks your aiming. On a PC this function is disabled if you want to hit a guy between the eyes you have to move the mouse and retucule to point directly between the eyes.

PC game hackers or cheaters like to make cheats to enable things like this on the PC. These types of cheats on the PC are cursed and condemed by most everyone (excluding the cheaters) and in most cases they are banned from play on every server running the anti-cheat software Punkbuster.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.uchipu.com/vegassig.gif
http://www.teamnorthamerica.net
"Everyones got a plan... Until they get Hit!"

tunagoblin
12-27-2006, 06:19 PM
This game is made for console and made for game pad. PC version is a exact port from the console. thus it's understandable that game pad works well.
and THAT'S the problem for PC version.
it means that the target hit-box is NOT accurate and realistic at all. I've noticed this a lot. especially when target is covering, even headshot doesn't count as headshot.
which means the skill of precise aiming that is required for PC FPS doesn't really matter to this game. (how sad...this is the R6 title..)
this problem has to be fixed and optimized for PC version.
IF someone really thinks gamepad is better for PC FPS, try playing RVS or BF2 with it.

daartist43
12-27-2006, 06:56 PM
I have used the gamepad for the pc version of Ravenshield and owned many keyboard users.

Note it was the xbox controller i was using in RVS
the keyboard&mouse is nice but so is the gamepad if you are use to it i can use both so I have the best of both worlds.

tunagoblin
12-27-2006, 07:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daartist43:
I have used the gamepad for the pc version of Ravenshield and owned many keyboard users.

Note it was the xbox controller i was using in RVS
the keyboard&mouse is nice but so is the gamepad if you are use to it i can use both so I have the best of both worlds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i'm not questioning your skill but it's no way to move and aim faster than mouse and keyboards. it's a simple fact.