PDA

View Full Version : Any good airshows by Maryland?

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Hi yall. I've seen posts come up about Oshkosh and all those places, but those are in England and Wisconsin and stuffz! I live in Maryland, and I go to the Reading Air Show, but that has only WWII planes and re-enactments. Does anyone know where some good airshows with JETS are by MD?

----------------------------------------
"When you hit hell, tell 'em I sent ya!"

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Hi yall. I've seen posts come up about Oshkosh and all those places, but those are in England and Wisconsin and stuffz! I live in Maryland, and I go to the Reading Air Show, but that has only WWII planes and re-enactments. Does anyone know where some good airshows with JETS are by MD?

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 12:43 AM
there is ussually is a good one at Martin State Airport in Middle River. A couple of years ago they even had the stealth bomber and it crashed. that was an excitng day. Im not sure when the next on will be.

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 12:45 AM
And Middle River is where...? Maryland?

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 12:52 AM
Middle River is about 10 miles southeast of Baltimore. It used to have a substantial Martin Marrietta (spelling) defense contract presence but as of the last few decades that has diminsihed immensely.

It is now primarialy an A-10 National Guard base with frequent civilian use. It has a super long runway, and I believe C10's land there on a regular basis as well. The Maryland State Police also operate the Shock Truama Dolphin Helos from there (Maryland supposedly has the best shock truama center in the world in Baltimore). As for airshows, I do not think they have had one for years.

Your best bet would be Wings Over Frederick? I think, I cannot remember yhr exact name of it. But I think it is in Frederick and I went last year. It had B17's, B24, P51, all kinds of vintage stuff. Even a Yak! Incredible stuff. I think it happens in August so get your butt movin!

I hope that helps.

http://www.mdarted.org/SIG2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 01:25 AM
Yeah, Reading Air Show had a Yak, a ton of fighter planes, basically every one except for the P38 (the pilot had engines troubles flying to the show so he had to decline). They also had the B17, but not a liberator.

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 01:41 AM
The best one I have seen in Maryland was at Andrews AFB. There is also a Confederate Airforce show in Frederick and another one at the Patuxent base.

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 02:29 AM
I live in Baltimore, and I can say that last year at Frederick was a great time. And after the show, many of the pilots were very friendly and let me get up close, even climb into their aircraft and gave me lots of interesting info and stories. It was truly the best time I have had at an airshow. It is coming the middle of this month, but I will have to check on the exact dates.

The F4U Corsair won the war!!!

http://www.x-plane.org/users/aonyn/Screenshots/Leisure_Chair_Aerobat_reduced_square.jpg