PDA

View Full Version : Question about bunker season rewards

dooglies
02-03-2018, 01:09 AM
I'm wondering if the bunker season rewards are given out based on the maximum rank you achieved during the season, or on your current rank.

This is important, since I just got what I felt like was a lucky streak that sent me to rank 11, which, as a relatively new player, might be hard to compete in.
I definitely want chips, but I'm also scared to lose rank and lose out on the rewards I'll get at this rank.
There's no indication in the app that my reward payout will be based on my highest rank achieved. I have even deranked before and the reward tab grayed out the rank that I was before, so it looks like the prize is based on your current rank.

If that's true, then it is a bad system, imo, that will discourage people like me from playing the bunker. I'd rather just not play it for the remaining 10 days than risk losing out on the KTM blueprints that I've accrued. I'm at a point where it's a huge coin grind and several days of waiting before any of my bikes are upgraded, so they most likely won't be much better before 10 days is over.

This is the reason why a certain fantasy based card game's ladder system that Frontier's ladder may or may not be definitely copying calculates your end-of-season rewards based on the highest rank you achieved during the season, so that people don't ever feel like they should just stop playing when they reach a high rank.

justinman114
02-03-2018, 01:17 AM
Current rank when season ends is what you get.

dooglies
02-03-2018, 04:45 AM
That's unfortunate.
Things like this and ANBA, where I'm actively trying to NOT do well in order to make the ANBA missions easier make me question some of their design decisions.
Why would you design a game in such a way that encourages people to not play it?

hanks420
02-04-2018, 02:03 AM
That's unfortunate.
Things like this and ANBA, where I'm actively trying to NOT do well in order to make the ANBA missions easier make me question some of their design decisions.
Why would you design a game in such a way that encourages people to not play it?

I've been there... having a prize in the bunker like a blueprint piece I need at a certain level, reaching that level and shutting down bunker play until the next season to make sure I don't lose my prize.

I'd say unless you really want that level 11 prize keep playing. This season is basically useless donkey donuts for me so I'm playing to collect coins but losing lots to end back at my starting level.