PDA

View Full Version : The true ending of Centurion.

Dane520123
02-02-2018, 03:01 PM
These new parry changes are going to be the end of centurion being any where near viable in higher play, possibly even lower play. You already took away a majority of his combos, now his parry punish is officially gone. I wouldn’t say officially if parrying lights on console weren’t so god dam impossible, thank you Ubisoft for destroying my main even more I’m no longer using him ever again because now he officially will be and only be a “ noob stomper” unless they know how to counter GB well.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Not really. he gets his parry counter still from any parry. which is tons of stamina damage plus a free uncharged heavy. Which leads into his mix up of heavy and soft feint into GB.
wall splats will still give him his combo. and his knee does wall splat. So yes. He loses his light parry cutscene combo. but I'm not convinced that alone will take him out of A tier. it might move him down a position in A tier though.

Tyrjo
02-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Given the Centurion can land GBs fairly easy compared to most other heroes without a heavy soft feint into GB, I don't think this will hurt him much at all. Plus, he has a parry counter like already mentioned. He should be able to squeeze in a basic heavy on a heavy parry too.

BarbeQMichael
02-02-2018, 03:30 PM
He should be able to squeeze in a basic heavy on a heavy parry too.

This alone is better than most heroes, 25dmg from heavy parry, only assassins get around those dmg out of heavy parry/deflect in future, rest of the cast get around 15 dmg (well kensei still hits hard with his lights, 20dmg)

EvoX.
02-02-2018, 04:53 PM
Yep, RIP Centurion. I dunno what the people above me are smoking, but nobody gets guardbroken by a Centurion anymore. Reason for that is everyone knows to play it safe and not try to parry his heavies, because of his only trick of GB soft feint, which everyone and their mother know to counter.

Wall splat combo? A.k.a his only redeeming feature 'till now? Gone, just like that.

Never thought I'd see the day Centurion be weaker than Highlander, possibly Conqueror and Kensei as well. Just wow.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 04:56 PM
Yep, RIP Centurion. I dunno what the people above me are smoking, but nobody gets guardbroken by a Centurion anymore. Reason for that is everyone knows to play it safe and not try to parry his heavies, because of his only trick of GB soft feint, which everyone and their mother know to counter.

Wall splat combo? Gone, just like that.

Never thought I'd see the day Centurion be weaker than Highlander, possibly Conqueror and Kensei as well. Just wow.

Clearly not true as I still fight people who attempt to parry not just the heavy but anything in general when i'm centurion.
But you'll just dismiss my experience as "welp their bad no good player would."

EvoX.
02-02-2018, 05:05 PM

From the last 20-something matches I've had with him, I think only 2 people tried to parry my heavy, and once they got GB'd for it, both never attempted to parry a heavy again. After I finally arrived at the conclusion that most of his ''mix-ups'' are well known to everyone, I decided to stop playing him until he's... fixed? Only for me to find out he's getting even weaker. I mean, seriously?

So yes, you were up against bad players.

I know your deal is always disagreeing with everyone, but if you deny this patch will move him at least down to C-tier, then I don't know what to tell you.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 05:11 PM
From the last 20-something matches I've had with him, I think only 2 people tried to parry my heavy, and once they got GB'd for it, both never attempted to parry a heavy again. After I finally arrived at the conclusion that most of his ''mix-ups'' are well known to everyone, I decided to stop playing him until he's... fixed? Only for me to find out he's getting even weaker. I mean, seriously?

I know your deal is always disagreeing with everyone, but if you deny this patch will move him at least down to C-tier, then I don't know what to tell you.

The fact that you're being dismissive with me already makes me want to just put you on my ignore list. Be a mature lad.
So why are your personal experiences valid but mine are not?

Anyway. They don't attempt to parry the mix up. They attempt to parry other things. Like random raw heavies. Lights. etc.
He's currently A tier. Losing his light parry punish will not move him to C tier. His parry counter is still amazing for every reason i've given.
I don't care how good you are. Nearly everyone attempts parries. Even in top tier skill brackets.
If his mix up was suddenly non viable the tier list would have reflected as such. Not only that but he's A tier for all his punishes. These changes remove one of them.

EvoX.
02-02-2018, 05:30 PM
The fact that you're being dismissive with me already makes me want to just put you on my ignore list. Be a mature lad.
So why are your personal experiences valid but mine are not?

Nothing in my post is dismissive, I just confirmed what you unironically implied yourself - that you were up against bad players. Here's what you had to say yourself about Centurion:

Centurion is a complete joke against me honestly. I never fall for his mix up.

Anyway. They don't attempt to parry the mix up. They attempt to parry other things. Like random raw heavies. Lights. etc.
He's currently A tier. Losing his light parry punish will not move him to C tier. His parry counter is still amazing for every reason i've given.

Centurion A-tier? Are you for real? He's high-end B-tier, and that's only because of his parry punishes and wall splats... most often out of a GB from parry. Both the light parry punish and the GB off a heavy will be gone, so what exactly does he have left that keeps him in that tier? Nothing.

I don't care how good you are. Nearly everyone attempts parries. Even in top tier skill brackets.

Irrelevant. No top tier player would ever fall for Centurion's puny heavy soft feints, and would parry his lights and unblockable. But we aren't even talking top players, of course. I'm going against average ones, and they just... know how to counter Centurion. Everyone does, that's the problem. He has zero viable mix-ups, and without his punishes there's nothing left.

f his mix up was suddenly non viable the tier list would have reflected as such. Not only that but he's A tier for all his punishes. These changes remove one of them.

''The tier list'', as if there's an official list that Ubisoft keeps track of and buffs heroes who drop too low. And there have been more than enough people on these forums complaining his kit is predictable and non-viable even before the upcoming patch, so...

No, these changes remove three of them. Light parry pin, potential wall splat from heavy parry GB and his max OOS punish from any parry GB. He's almost irrelevant without those.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 05:42 PM
@EvoXTalhante

Responding this way because formatting like that makes just standard quoting a pain. anyway.

1) yes you were dismissive. "I know your deal is always disagreeing with everyone.." that was absolutely not needed at all.

2) You're taking that out of context. Centurions mix up doesn't work vs me because I have played so much of him. I'm 100% familiar with how he feels. If all you ever do is verse something it won't be nearly as beneficial as actually picking them up as well.

3) A tier as per the tier list on the competitive subbreddit from a top tier player. it's widely considered amongst that place and youtubers who follow the game competitively to be mostly if not 100% accurate. According to them he's A tier due to his punishes, his better match ups VS S tier heros, and his hard to parry safe heavies.

4) Right so I guess i'll just discount their views because you say otherwise. cool.

5) And i'm not saying his kit is perfect. I as a centurion main have been advocating since his launch that he needs less damaging punishes and an overall better kit. I'm just saying that removing those punishes will not instantly drop him to being worse than the entire roster. I'd be willing to accept that he could go from A tier to high B tier. But it's going to have to depend on how other heros behave after this patch. the guys worse than him.

6) You can wall splat with a normal throw, a knee from his parry punish, and his quick throw. The change to light parries removed his light parry punish. and the overall parry changes removed him getting a GB off of a heavy. But he's still going to get parry counter off of parrying. Which can splat. and he also can get a heavy off of a heavy parry. Which can lead into his mix up.
Your entire crux of the argument revolves around "people don't attempt to parry centurion period." Which is just false regardless of what bracket you play in. Even if people don't try to parry in the mix up anymore people still attempt to parry raw heavies and his lights. So there is still a reasonable chance he'll get parry counter.

EvoX.
02-02-2018, 06:16 PM
If you really just gave quick throw as an example, as if it isn't countered by literally everyone ever, then you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 07:17 PM
If you really just gave quick throw as an example, as if it isn't countered by literally everyone ever, then you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

Let's just agree to disagree.

I was merely listing all methods that can get him a splat.
Not saying it works often.

and alright.

brashtralas
02-02-2018, 11:27 PM
Clearly not true as I still fight people who attempt to parry not just the heavy but anything in general when i'm centurion.

Seriously, I don’t like calling you out, but you started your whole argument with a dismissive comment, then get all bent out of shape because the person you were dismissive to was dismissive in return?!?

What is it you said? Make a ****ty comment, get a ****ty reply? Something to that extent.

Try paying more attention to your tone and what you say and you wont have such a huge ignore list and you won’t have to defend yourself so often.

The reason so many people call you condescending is because you are. Work on it and the points you make will be more palatable. Delivery is often more important that the actual point you’re trying to make.

Dasteel1974
02-03-2018, 01:41 AM
So because he “can” get a Wall Splat he is still a good, top character? Berserker “can” hit you with a heavy and follow with double top heavy that will take 50% of any characters Hp at any time during a fight. Raider “can” carry you and ledge you on any board from just about any place on the screen, as can Warlord. Every character in the game has a better “can” than Centurion. Plus every other character has a larger moveset than Centurion. People have pissed and moaned about Centurion to the point that he reminds me of the Black Knight in Monty Pythons Holy Grail now with all the needing and handicapping. I main him and still use him as I like the looks of him and can still compete against mid-level players. I am a rep 40 with him and can perform any combo with him that I choose at any time. But against better players, he is an underdog to every player and is snubbed by elite players cause he is SO limited in moves and is SO predictable. But hey, he “can” get a Wall Splat.

Playing_Mantis
02-03-2018, 01:41 AM
damn finally, lets hope so! cent broken

Hormly
02-03-2018, 02:32 AM
We can only hope this is the end for him!

Farewell centurion, you represent this games first major blunder

S0Mi_xD
02-03-2018, 02:34 AM
Ubisoft did End him RIGHTLYYY

Dasteel1974
02-03-2018, 05:00 AM
if you have problems with centurion your defense is horrible. plain and simple. he isnt broken and the only things of his that were close were his stand up jab and stamina costs.but keep up with the tears. guess they need gear to start including pacifiers for characters that cant handle 3 moves.��

Protos_88
02-03-2018, 07:03 AM
cent for hig players is ....rly devs do this **** to conqueror now cent...warden olso suks now... who next??????

Protos_88
02-03-2018, 07:09 AM
and noone care abouth slow character, teleport and dodge is best example for this stupit balance

PanzerShrekonin
02-03-2018, 07:22 AM
Centurion was overpowered when his jab was a wallsplat and it was guarenteed after a heavy. Now thats it not, he's limited. Without a wall, he's absolutely garbage. His HP is that of an assassins((Im pretty sure))

Sure he has fast heavys but that makes them easy to parry and harder for him to feint.

HumoLoco
02-03-2018, 07:28 AM
These new parry changes are going to be the end of centurion being any where near viable in higher play, possibly even lower play. You already took away a majority of his combos, now his parry punish is officially gone. I wouldn’t say officially if parrying lights on console weren’t so god dam impossible, thank you Ubisoft for destroying my main even more I’m no longer using him ever again because now he officially will be and only be a “ noob stomper” unless they know how to counter GB well.

I didn't see any that they take centurion's parry punish for the new parry changes. At that new update which makes centurion op already, so you should be worry about other heroes than just centurion.

Centurion was overpowered when his jab was a wallsplat and it was guarenteed after a heavy. Now thats it not, he's limited. Without a wall, he's absolutely garbage. His HP is that of an assassins((Im pretty sure))

Sure he has fast heavys but that makes them easy to parry and harder for him to feint.

Lol you made me dying because you really think hes trash that he needed the wall? Hes still best without wall yet his mix up is the best. guess you never face someone whos god at mix up.

Tyrjo
02-03-2018, 07:51 AM

Don't you hear yourself? They didn't try to parry your heavy? Do you realise how good that is for you? Pummel them, punch, have your way with them, or is wall splat punish the only thing you can do?

PanzerShrekonin
02-03-2018, 07:59 AM
I didn't see any that they take centurion's parry punish for the new parry changes. At that new update which makes centurion op already, so you should be worry about other heroes than just centurion.

Lol you made me dying because you really think hes trash that he needed the wall? Hes still best without wall yet his mix up is the best. guess you never face someone whos god at mix up.

Edit: Never mind. Not worth posting back in a condescending tone.

Protos_88
02-03-2018, 08:42 AM
Don't you hear yourself? They didn't try to parry your heavy? Do you realise how good that is for you? Pummel them, punch, have your way with them, or is wall splat punish the only thing you can do?
gg punish is only way to won *** slow ir predictable char... if all dodge character can wait ??

Knight_Raime
02-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Seriously, I don’t like calling you out, but you started your whole argument with a dismissive comment, then get all bent out of shape because the person you were dismissive to was dismissive in return?!?

What is it you said? Make a ****ty comment, get a ****ty reply? Something to that extent.

Try paying more attention to your tone and what you say and you wont have such a huge ignore list and you won’t have to defend yourself so often.

The reason so many people call you condescending is because you are. Work on it and the points you make will be more palatable. Delivery is often more important that the actual point you’re trying to make.

The only post I made before this in this thread doesn't have a dismissive response in it.
I would love for you to point out exactly what I said was dismissive in this particular quote.
And i'd also like to know why you give the guy I quoted with this a pass on posting ediquite. Because he insulted both me and another poster.
Which is exactly when I quoted him why I said "welp their bad no good player would."

Their attitude was an indication I was going to get that kind of response.
I do work on my posting btw. All the time. Still do. It seems like you just come across the bad ones.
I appreciate you trying to helpful.

Xx_Tormentor_xX
09-29-2018, 02:21 AM
Just admit that you have been wrong and a noob. Time told the truth, Centurion is weak.

Playing_Mantis
09-29-2018, 02:31 AM
he will be fine as always. plus he's one of the only characters that ubi will buff quickly if he falls behind. Apparently he's the 3rd best hero based on Ubis balance chart.

papa_joseph1
10-05-2018, 07:27 AM
In the End, Cent overpowered or not, Ubi needs to get their S#%T together, IMO Cent should have no changes to his current playlist because none of it matters, honestly they should have reworked him a long long long long long time ago into the new meta, because right now let's get real, he's only played by A$$h0Les at low skill to just ruin the game for new players, and at higher skill levels he is and always has been mediocre at best, what Ubi should do is just ALT+F4 his entire move list and play style into something that makes more sense and is less frustrating to fight, because even today if you know how to fight him, it's the most annoying awful fight once can think of, even if you win you don't walk away satisfied you won a duel, more so that you just avoided his crap to counter punish, the skill or reflex thing out the door because of how slow Cent is.

Cent has stricken me as a relic of a dark time of For Honor and he should be purged into something......less stupid and more playable whilst not teeth grinding not fun to fight.

I wish we could see a list of how many thousand cent mains max rank their hero yet stay at the same skill level because the moment they go too far up they are crushed and the moment they go too far down they ruin the life's of new players.