PDA

View Full Version : Strategies against highly upgraded headhunter decks

Wierzbicki85
01-31-2018, 08:16 PM
I'm starting to run into a lot of decks with Level 5 Mimsy, Starvin' Marvin, and Big Gay Al, all together. Besides using Transmog or **** Magic, how would you stop that deck from totally ****ing you up (especially if you haven't been able to upgrade to any Level 5 cards yet)?

Geerti95
02-01-2018, 12:13 AM
1 cockmagick

2 zen cartman, also works on marvin.

3 rats or pigeons, especially in combination with master ninjew.

4 stan the great, nulifies damage long enough to kill starvin marvin with ranged. Poseidon stans slow down can work aswell.

5 paladin butters can help aswell to nulify marvin or damage.

6 assasins work really well

7 unholy combustion

8 alian queen red will deal a ton of damage in the long run when no purify, pretty much a cockmagick with a slow start.

9 dont overspend troops on him in the beginning as most of these players have fireball. And will use it. Try to bait it first with cheap troops like heidi and jimmy but keep assasins.

10 start a fast push towards their NK with the energy advantage you now have as these troops like mimsy are not very efficient in energy and deal mediocre damage.

Many ways to counter them. I never really experience much trouble with them.

Wierzbicki85
02-02-2018, 06:59 PM
Ok, as I said I'm talking about highly upgraded headhunters. When Mimsy or Big gay Al are at Level 5 (or 6, god forbid) they have an insane amount of hp and deal devastating damage. You can't ignore that and go after the other NK, and throwing some poison or rats at them won't kill them fast enough to avoid a loss of 1 or sometimes even two bars. When you get to the higher levels and start encountering these decks you'll know what I mean.

Geerti95
02-03-2018, 08:54 AM
I have faced them and you can ignore them ... i won that match.
He played mimsy level 5. I played a push and won. Also i come acros high level mimsy alot it does not matter.... 2 assasins will kill him extremely quickly especially ike. Or rats or pigeons or ninjew or gunslinger pigeon/ rat combo.
You can form a push when mimsy is on your side just like manbearpig giving you insane advantage.... losing a bar doesnt matter then because you will often win afterwards because of all the troops you have on the field.

Geerti95
02-03-2018, 09:03 AM
By the way if i put my master ninjew followed by rats it only cost 7 and imagine you have 4 rats... that means 4x 35= 140 extra damage. With the speed of rats it wont take many hits.

Geerti95
02-03-2018, 09:08 AM
For example.. zen cartman is your start... you mock mimsy ... you put gunslinger after zen ... you put rats or assasins ... rats : 4 x 66 extra damage... mimsy down in mere seconds. Mimsy is considered as one of the worst troops.

DarthCh3f
05-07-2018, 05:57 AM
Pigeons take care of all 3, especially Marvin. They carve his slow *** up. Drop an assassin to help with Mimsy and Al and they will be dead in no time. If don't have strong enough pigeons, well you're stuck going with Unholy Combustion or Transmog which are all even mana trades for them. Headhunters are never a problem. The problem is always them, Plus 4 other units the opponent magically calls in with them.

I always use my pigeons on the headhunters, and have a back up card too in case those cards are buried. Lightning takes care of Marvin in a flash, btw.

HippyZippy85
05-24-2018, 07:10 PM
When I am up against Big Gay Al, I use mind control and flip it against the other guy, this way it gives me enough time to mount a strong attack against him when the mind control wears off. Once it is off I have dinged their player a few times and then take him down.