PDA

View Full Version : What to do against Centurion as a Shugoki???

Ayesman
01-31-2018, 03:28 PM
I run into a centurion with my Shugoki and he kept me in a stunlock I played 3 matches against him Dominion.
The last two matches he kept waiting in the spawn area of my team and killed all of us one by one when we respawned until his teammates joined
after that all of them spawn camped us.
My question is what can I do against his stunlock all the time in a loop as a Shugoki?

No0b.Nr.1
01-31-2018, 04:41 PM
Centurio has his normal attack and his kick as opener.
Just block his attack, and if its a charged heavy just parry,
and if it begins with kick just dodge !
Its just about finding out his timing, add a lvl 3 bot and try to block attacks and dodge that kick till u find it out.
And its not about which hero u r playing, everyhero can dodge a centurio kick easy. And one things that shugoki can use it, u can acutally attack while getting hit 1 time ( after a few sec it recovers again ) u need to time ur attack while opponent begin to attack you, and becaus of shoguki do more damage and has good HP , its defintily a good exchange.( if enemy feint , u have to feint too, but i think it should be clear )

High-Horse
01-31-2018, 05:36 PM
You can also wait to spawn so you don't get picked off one at a time

Knight_Raime
01-31-2018, 06:03 PM
Turtle up. if he goes for a kick dodge. if he kicks and ques heavy block the heavy. then light and headbutt him.

If your armor is up and he's going to try and do his mix up of heavy and soft feint into GB just take the hit. depending on where you are is how you react.
If out in the open just trade with a light and headbutt. if near a ledge or wall GB him and throw him off the ledge. if near a wall throw him into the wall and demons embrace.

You can also half charge your heavies and cancel them to bait out a parry response and then trade with it or parry it depending on your reaction times.
zone canceled is also a decent pressure tool.

The main goal as a goki is to trade often with a light to headbutt and keep their stamina down or trade for GB's for EZ environment kills or good damage + health on wall throw into demon embrace.

Ayesman
01-31-2018, 08:00 PM
Thank you guys but I just tried bot lvl 3 practice against centurio with my Kensei.
I figured out I will just stop playing this game its too frustrating for me.
Centurion has this grab that does not even show a guard break stance so it must be impossible to gb-couner it.
I cant stand this hero and his mechanic also I figured out why I had such problems with my Shugoki during the fight against the Centurion guy.
It was because he staggered me somehow so that I could not press up to block his attacks my character was unable to react until he was dead.
He did start with a kick then stab then punch/grab then stab stab punch/grab stab stab punch/grab stab stab punch/grab and so on until I was dead.
I recorded it on the ps4. All I had to do is point up with the right stick because all attacks came from the front but character would not react until he was dead.
All the best guys and respect to you for being able to counter stuff like this you guys must have inhuman reflexes! :)

No0b.Nr.1
01-31-2018, 08:20 PM
Hm, if u get kicked, he can do a light after that ( garantee hit ) the next hit after that is easy to BLOCK, or he can go for grab after light, which is normal to counter - grab aswell, if u get attack and u can just block it, then stop train with bot lvl 3, and try bot lvl1, they just attack light and heavy, just learn to block normal attacks, its not really that hard, after that u can train that dodge when kick comes with lvl 3 ( if u have problems play vs a class, just get this class and play it urself ).
its a lit bit harder when u play ps4 than pc, but i know a lot of people which play ps4 aswell and they r near that gameplay lvl like PC.

Knight_Raime
01-31-2018, 09:19 PM
Thank you guys but I just tried bot lvl 3 practice against centurio with my Kensei.
I figured out I will just stop playing this game its too frustrating for me.
Centurion has this grab that does not even show a guard break stance so it must be impossible to gb-couner it.
I cant stand this hero and his mechanic also I figured out why I had such problems with my Shugoki during the fight against the Centurion guy.
It was because he staggered me somehow so that I could not press up to block his attacks my character was unable to react until he was dead.
He did start with a kick then stab then punch/grab then stab stab punch/grab stab stab punch/grab stab stab punch/grab and so on until I was dead.
I recorded it on the ps4. All I had to do is point up with the right stick because all attacks came from the front but character would not react until he was dead.
All the best guys and respect to you for being able to counter stuff like this you guys must have inhuman reflexes! :)

The grab you're talking about is his "quick throw" move. It does have an indicator. it's just a bit confusing because of the timing on when it appears. in order to tech that what I do is wait till his hand has grabbed me. then I press my GB button. This move can only come after a light attack.

The only move he has where you can't respond at all is if he's pinned you. this happens from a fully charged heavy. Which by the way is never guaranteed unless he parries a light attack.
Kick only guarantees a light attack. anything after that isn't guaranteed. the heavy after a kick is also not guaranteed. can be blocked and parried even after being kicked.

his punch is also not guaranteed unless he's pinned you. the punch can be dodged even if you've taken a hit to an attack. Always dodge to the side as it's got poor tracking. the punch normally only gives a light attack. but if he pins you from a fully charged heavy he gets a fully charged grab. which gives him the jump plunge attack on you while you are on the ground.
He can't punch and then grab. those use the same button. punches come after a heavy is thrown. grabs come after a light is thrown.

Klingentaenz3r
02-01-2018, 02:36 PM
dealing with centurion as a shugoki in dominion is actually something you can profit from quite well.

As said before you have to utilize your hyper armor. When it's on. I favor to throw out a snappy top heavy whenever a centurion tries to kick (you can kind of bate that from mid range). If they are close be ready to block and if you read them well to counter grabbing attempts with a light into headbutt. If you do that often enough he will be out of stamina soon. And if you do the heavies cents usually die real quick.

And for counter-guardbreaks: watch the shield sign on your character popping up. Not the gb indicator on your opponent. The sign on your character displays when you have to press to counter-gb.

if you are not too familiar with the timings and try to parry every of their attack attempt you will get staggered more withing the next attacks. So look out for making that mistake. Shugoki does not come back too well from a screwed parry attempt

Ah and very important thing is for you to have the feat rock steady. This soley counters a good chunk of cents moveset and makes your life much easier.

BarbeQMichael
02-01-2018, 04:13 PM
As said before you have to utilize your hyper armor

The sad thing is that shrek has no hyperarmor, because you can take it off by a simple failed guardbreak. So shrek does not have the armor unless his enemy for some reason forgets to take it away, unlikely, but against newbies he can be good.

if its a charged heavy just parry
This can be difficult, I suggest to immediately light attack or gb to interrupt it. He can cancel it into gb so parrying is a death sentence if you don't watch very carefully

Brologna_Xeno
02-01-2018, 06:49 PM
I'll add that.. Shug needs to be wary of players who can/will parry you're side lights. If you're in a 4v4 and someone's got your side light timed, make note of that player.. turtle up or hit trades, wait for friends.

Hyper armor can work against Shug too, like someone mentioned. If you whiff a parry attempt, you won't get staggered once you're hit, and you're heavy is so slow there's a good chance they'll get a second guaranteed hit as well. If you had been staggered like a regular character, you'd have a chance to respond to the second hit. But since you are still stuck in your heavy attack animation, no bueno. (Cent Heavy > punch might be a good example where this can happen).

Shug, like Cent is one of the better heros for an outnumbered matchup (you outnumber them). Charged heavies can throw people off when they are not targeting you out of the group. If an opponent has Revenge ready, anticipate when they will activate it and Demon's Embrace while they're in the Revenge activation lock animation.

A sidenote, I think Shug+Cent imo is one of the hardest brawl setups or 2v1s to fight from my experience. Both have long CC and stupid hard hits for when the other is CCing you.

EvoX.
02-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Once again confirmed - all Centurions are currently is noob killers.

Don't quit the game and stick around long enough to find out how bad that class is, especially with the upcoming parry changes. Oh boy, will he be trash.

BarbeQMichael
02-01-2018, 11:04 PM
Once again confirmed - all Centurions are currently is noob killers.

Don't quit the game and stick around long enough to find out how bad that class is, especially with the upcoming parry changes. Oh boy, will he be trash.

While cent is one of the best newbie killers, it doesn't change the fact that he also is one of the best killers overall

Dane520123
02-02-2018, 04:33 AM
That combo is so easy to avoid lmfao. More proof centurion is a noob stomper. Donít rage quit the game because you canít hanle one person, get better and learn how to defeat them donít come crying to the forums yelling OP OP OP. Take the advice from the people on this post.