PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this just beyond stupid here?

DaLast_Samurai
01-29-2018, 10:22 PM
I was playing a Dominion match in Temple Garden.
There was two Shamans on my team camping up in zone A the whole game.
I kept my team a little ahead by taking out soldiers in zone B a lot.

At the end both teams were breaking so I decided to join the Shamans up in zone A.

When I made my way up the pathway I started laughing in shock as the ground was just covered in traps all the way up the pathway and all over the zone.
Just layered on top of each other one after another.

I literally counted over 20 traps.

The opposing team all came at once.
And as they tried to make their way up the pathway, setting off trap after trap on the way up, three of the four died.

We sat at the top in the zone just watching 3/4 of their team kill themselves just trying to get up the pathway to the zone.
And then the last guy had to fight 3 of us in the zone layed with traps itself.

Sure it was a little comical being on the winning side.
But just really beyond stupid that this happens.

Tundra 793
01-29-2018, 10:31 PM
Yeah I've done that a few times with my Berserker, but never anything that extreme.

I'm a bit torn with your example though. It's never a good idea to let even 1 person camp any single zone for an entire game, let alone 2 Shamans. And 2-3 traps can be hidden reasonably well at any given zone. But 20? Surely this just had to be visually obvious. Didn't the enemy team do anything to attempt to break the traps by dodging through?

In cases where both teams are breaking, wouldn't the team with the most zones/points win when the timer runs out? If so, the team should have just held onto B and C.

Your story does highlight how obnoxious the traps can be, but I'm also seeing a lot of less than stellar tactics by the enemy team.

Hatred2016
01-29-2018, 10:34 PM
Obviously someone on your team failed, the shaman did their jobs, you other 2 fellas couldn't drop a catapult or 2 to take out the remaining guy? Step up your game, there was no reason to 3v1 that guy and take the chance of him pulling off a comeback revenge victory.

bmason1000
01-29-2018, 10:52 PM
Is it ridiculous? Sure. Great counter to it though, don't go to that zone if they're breaking. They have no chance to win if they don't come out. Lucky for you your enemies were dumb dumbs.

DaLast_Samurai
01-29-2018, 11:22 PM
Obviously someone on your team failed, the shaman did their jobs, you other 2 fellas couldn't drop a catapult or 2 to take out the remaining guy? Step up your game, there was no reason to 3v1 that guy and take the chance of him pulling off a comeback revenge victory.

I'm pretty sure since he stepped in yet another trap and began the 1v3 with one health bar that revenge was highly unlikely, as was the case.

As for me, my 4th feat of nail bomb was not unlocked.
Sorry to burst all those bubbles, but eh, you know what they say about assumptions.

As for other replies.
I'm not saying the other team wasn't dumb.
Just highlighting how stupid these excessive traps are.

brashtralas
01-29-2018, 11:40 PM
Is it ridiculous? Sure. Great counter to it though, don't go to that zone if they're breaking. They have no chance to win if they don't come out. Lucky for you your enemies were dumb dumbs.

So the solution is to hide? I think not. They werenít dumb, they wanted to experience the fighting this game is supposed to be known for.

Besides, if some didnít have catapult, they very easily could have eliminated anyone trying to diffuse the traps.

Armosias
01-29-2018, 11:52 PM
That's what happens when vikings are left "Home alone"

Hatred2016
01-30-2018, 03:04 AM
I'm pretty sure since he stepped in yet another trap and began the 1v3 with one health bar that revenge was highly unlikely, as was the case.

As for me, my 4th feat of nail bomb was not unlocked.
Sorry to burst all those bubbles, but eh, you know what they say about assumptions.

As for other replies.
I'm not saying the other team wasn't dumb.
Just highlighting how stupid these excessive traps are.

I sense my sarcasm wasnít picked up on, I was making light of the stupidity that is op feats by suggesting you should have used even more op feats in a situation that didnít need them.
Too many times have I been the last guy standing in a 4v1 situation only for the 4 guys to unload catapults and arrows on me instead of a proper beat down.

PDXGorechild
01-30-2018, 04:39 PM
Shaman has 3 traps she can equip, I think. Bear trap, Stun trap and Nail bomb. 3 x 2 = 6. 6 traps. Even if you had 4 Shaman on your team all with 3 traps equipped that would still only be 12, not 20.

Just saying.

Anyways, I suppose it would be possible to make one point very undesirable to attack using traps, but doing so does leave the others vulnerable. If an enemy team did this to mine I'd let them have the point, capture the other two and dig in.

Nail bomb is the only one that needs looking at imo, along with most of the other level 4 feats.

Hatred2016
01-30-2018, 05:28 PM
PDXGorechild

Shaman has 3 traps she can equip, I think. Bear trap, Stun trap and Nail bomb. 3 x 2 = 6. 6 traps. Even if you had 4 Shaman on your team all with 3 traps equipped that would still only be 12, not 20.

Just saying.

Anyways, I suppose it would be possible to make one point very undesirable to attack using traps, but doing so does leave the others vulnerable. If an enemy team did this to mine I'd let them have the point, capture the other two and dig in.

The cool down on the stun trap is short, its not hard to set 3-4 down per Shaman if they aren't triggered, a couple 2-3 bear traps each every time their off cool down and a nail bomb each Shaman, you could fill both ramps up to A and the inside area of A by the end of a match with just 2 shamans on the map he is talking about. I can usually set a stun trap, it goes off, kill the guy that set it off and replace it before he respawns and makes it back to where I am.

M4RKSG4MES
01-30-2018, 05:42 PM
Totally agree , JUsT goes to show how abused and cheap kills are done with the ridiculous feats JUST like people staying in zone WITHOUT fibghting tjust to win with few bombs/fire at end, the SOONER they restrict certain feat usage and power THE BETTER ,i think ALL the players ( except ones who CANT fight) the genuine ones have HAD ENOUGH

The_B0G_
01-30-2018, 06:14 PM
Its just as stupid as LB equipping 3 grenade perks. You get two LBs and the nades never stop, every single fight they throw a nade or two at you.

bmason1000
01-31-2018, 05:08 AM
So the solution is to hide? I think not. They werenít dumb, they wanted to experience the fighting this game is supposed to be known for.

Besides, if some didnít have catapult, they very easily could have eliminated anyone trying to diffuse the traps.
Not hide, no. I go kill minions when they do that s***. I'm not hiding, but I'm not running in to a zone with a team camping it either because that's how you die. Especially if you've seen them use traps throughout the round. If they want the win, they have to come out. I'm right here.

Just to be clear, i do think the creation of mine fields is kind of silly. However, i don't think it's an actual issue that needs to be dealt with. But it does make me wish i ran traps sometimes...

Devils-_-legacy
01-31-2018, 03:19 PM
I like traps lol I've won a couple 1 v 4 that way fire flask and a trap or two normally work for me

SwellChemosabe
01-31-2018, 06:40 PM
Lol yeah, i've been through that a couple of times. Usually on gauntlet though. It was like a week after shaman had been released, we started playing on the gauntlet and during the whole match this shaman just laid down an entire walkway, the one that leads up to the attackers zone on the left hand side past the bridge, with traps. one after the other after the other all the way up to the entrance of the attackers zone. Their team started breaking and we when we found the shaman two of my team mates kept triggering the traps and hurting themselves.

When i saw that i looked around and realized they were everywhere. the rest of my team caught onto it pretty quick and we just waited there, all of us (shaman included) emote spamming. Good times.

No0b.Nr.1
01-31-2018, 08:28 PM
Near 1 year of this game, tons of people talked about imbalanced and useless feats in a game called " for honor" but as u can see its not what Ubi care , It dont make major problems , and it dont bring money to table so nobody cares yet.