PDA

View Full Version : PF internet connection requierements

Fantoba
07-10-2005, 03:58 AM
For multiplayer with PF. I cant join to server. REASON: Timeout (I have a 56 kbps modem) . Ahy help?

Fantoba
07-10-2005, 03:58 AM
For multiplayer with PF. I cant join to server. REASON: Timeout (I have a 56 kbps modem) . Ahy help?

ZK-DABLIN
07-10-2005, 04:28 AM
Yeah, get broadband. I also am on dial-up and the same thing happens to me.

My ping gets way to high and the server drops me from the game. The same seems to be happening to you.

I myself am in the process of getting broadband, the A.I. within the game is becoming to predictable, I really want a human challenge from the other end so goodbye dial-up.

Fantoba
07-10-2005, 05:21 AM
I cannot even join the game (can you with modem?)

JunkoIfurita
07-10-2005, 07:00 PM
With a modem, you're pretty limited to the servers that you can join - the reason being that most server admins set the ping/timeout quite low. If there are too many high ping players on any giving server, it lags the heck out of EVERYONE on the server.

Therefore, you'll time-out before you even connect - and if you DO get on to the server, you'll be auto-kicked for high ping before too long.

I find that pretty much the minimum connection for online play would be a 256/64 ADSL connection. I'm running a 512/128 myself, and haven't noticed many problems - I can connect to the faster of the Yankee servers (I'm based in Australia) with a ping of under 300.

You'd probably be able to play a few non-dedicated server games with a few friends (3-4 players max) over a 56k modem, but above that you're going to have to go broadband.

----